Who Has A Deposit on a Mach E

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can someone remove this entire thread ? Since this piece of shit isn’t a mustang , why is it taking up space on a mustang forum ?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Can someone remove this entire thread ? Since this piece of shit isn’t a mustang , why is it taking up space on a mustang forum ?
Because I think the mods :) are enjoying watching all of us, myself included, go on, and on, and on about the Mach-E. I think most of us are done with it but have to keep reading. It like a car crash. You have to look.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Because I think the mods :) are enjoying watching all of us, myself included, go on, and on, and on about the Mach-E. I think most of us are done with it but have to keep reading. It like a car crash. You have to look.
This Mod would happily never see another post about Mach E again (unless it's about Ford finally renaming it!). Sadly, I don't own the site though..... ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I started this tread as half a joke and half wanting to see who actually has a deposit on one. Apparently the joke for some, really butt hurt for most, side has taken over.

I think about 5 of us have a deposit on one.

So it is oblivious that for most of the diehard Mustang masses, this is no Mustang according to them therefore not many on here are going to order one. The beauty of choices, pick what you want don't pick what you don't like.

In the end, like it or not, this is a Mustang. Just ask Ford.

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone who currently owns a mustang , and proceeds to purchase one of these , things, you are partially responsible for the demise of the mustang legacy that we love. If it comes down to that.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Anyone who currently owns a mustang , and proceeds to purchase one of these , things, you are partially responsible for the demise of the mustang legacy that we love. If it comes down to that.
Well, Houston Kid happens to own a Hellcat so I guess he doesn't count? :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Both are accurate and correct. I will be in a GT500 by the end of 2021, if ADMs die off. In the mean time, I am driving the piss out of my Hellcat and will continue until I trade it in on a GT500. The Mach-E will be in the stable as well once they become available and no ADM. I refuse to pay the ADM. If a full EV Bronco becomes available, then I will get that instead of the Mach-E but since there is no indication a full EV Bronco is coming, the Mustang Mach-E it is.

Due to the fact its a full EV, I've always wanted one just because I like the idea, not into saving the planet at all, just like the thought of a full EV. It just so happens to also be a Ford and well you know the rest, a Mustang, perfect fit.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Yes we will. As an old woman drives it 45 mph in a 55 mph zone. Just like EVERY... OTHER... CUV, especially the Honda CRV drivers.
Exactly. Just like a Prius. Just like Teslas, the vast majority of people who drive these things will be tooling around on autopilot (literally and figuratively) and clogging up traffic.

The funny thing is that these guys keep posting images of the lesser models like they're something to be feared. It's obvious from the response here that GT models are going to be pretty uncommon. Because even the buyers here are viewing this as a cute SUV for their wives. The odds that I'll encounter a Mach E GT in the wild while I still have my Mustang are virtually nil.

One EV reviewer commented that in his ride in the Mach E acceleration from a standstill felt more like a BMW i3 than the Tesla Model 3. He speculates that, like BMW, Ford has muted the throttle response from a standstill. Makes sense because these makers probably don't want to frighten Karen with any unexpected wheelspin.

So while there's every reason to expect that Ford can reach their performance targets on these vehicles, if you look at who their target audience is and who they've got working on it, it's not at all assured that they will.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Wow - I didn't realize I was so powerful and influential. My self-esteem just improved.