Who Has A Deposit on a Mach E

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
And yes, my sorority girl loves my 4-banger Mustang. I drive her through the hills, give her that part throttle, and it's all about the smiles per hour.
Is it just me or does anyone else think that NRC might want to rephrase this sentence? :giggle:
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen the Mach E compared to about everything here on this forum. The Mach E is not a race car, not a track car, not a SRT hellcat, not a truck, not a 7500lb towing vehicle. The Mach E is a electric suv/cuv designed to break our dependents on middle east oil. It's designed to be a family car to get us where we're going in style and comfort and it has succeeded in that design concept. Do I wish Ford hadn't put the Mustang name on it, yes I do but the names not going to change so I'll live with it.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Is it just me or does anyone else think that NRC might want to rephrase this sentence? :giggle:
I've been doing the Internet since it was in Morse code and I've never had anyone have so many jokes go right by them. I'm thinking of starting a Go Fund Me drive to get you into a home for the humor impaired.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Two very interesting posts almost back to back (229 & 231). We now have the Mach-E competing with pickup trucks and 2 door hi-performance coupes. Let's, please, for just a minute forget the Mustang name. Ford introduced a four door, five passenger, full electric compact utility vehicle. It's only real side by side competitor is another CUV that is also not even available yet, the Tesla model Y. We can & will discuss both of these CUV's from today to forever. That said, the Mach-E cannot and should not be compared to a F150, a Ram 1500, or a Chevy Silverado. The former is a CUV, the later a full size pickup truck. So why is anyone putting the Telsa Cybertruck in the same sentence as the Mach-E. Just because they were introduced at the same time. Just because they are both electric. Sorry I call nonsense.

Now we are also comparing the performance of a four door electric CUV to a two door performance coupe with a ICE V8. Again this makes absolutely no sense. Forget the name. just compare vehicles that are , at least, in the same class. So just how many four door five passenger vehicles for under $80K (Mach-E GT+?) can do a sub four second 0-60, tow a boat and store 60 cubic feet behind the front seats. It's a lot more rare when you discount Mustangs, Challenger's, Corvette's, & Camaro's. And not one of these is a four door, five passenger CUV.

All i'm suggesting is that when comparing the Mach-E against the competition just compare the vehicle itself and not its association with the Mustang name.

You can’t forget about the Mustang name because it’s such a glaring flaw - and Ford is shoving it down everyone’s throats.

the vehicle itself seems decent enough. And that’s kind of the problem

Ford would easily capture the exact same number of buyers without bastardizing and diluting the Mustang brand.

no one on earth is going to buy this thing because they are all excited about it being a “Mustang.”

they’d buy it based on its own style, performance, reliability, and if it fits their feelings on how good of an electric vehicle Ford can make right now.

the wolf-cryers all bent on people not being happy with the brand confusion are simply those who aren’t invested in the brand. So those voices don’t count.

but people who actually care are speaking out and adore should listen. They are basically diluting, confusing, and downgrading the brand.
No longer can the Mustang be “a rip-snorting sports car.” It’s now giant RC SUV too?

really poor move. And does nothing to either add desire to the SUV, nor does it elevate the Mustang brand. It simply creates a statement that you can’t know what a Mustang is anymore. You can’t define it. And when you try, that definition may only last the short term.

not goes against all the rules of branding, marketing, drops history, and eradicated common sense.

Mustang is Fords enthusiast brand. not anymore. Now it’s a brand that has pockets of enthusiast elements. Guess Hackett thinks he can sell more coats to SUV owners than Mustang drivers. .

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
no one on earth is going to buy this thing because they are all excited about it being a “Mustang.”

they’d buy it based on its own style, performance, reliability, and if it fits their feelings on how good of an electric vehicle Ford can make right now.
I agree with that

Mustang is Fords enthusiast brand. not anymore. Now it’s a brand that has pockets of enthusiast elements. Guess Hackett thinks he can sell more coats to SUV owners than Mustang drivers. .
Ain't nothing in this universe that can make me change the way I feel about Mustang whether it becomes a electric suv or a 4x4 pickup the true meaning of Mustang is deep in my soul and nothing can kill it or remove it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You can’t forget about the Mustang name because it’s such a glaring flaw - and Ford is shoving it down everyone’s throats.
All I am saying is that for the purpose of comparing one vehicle to another on the merits the name shouldn't factor in.

Ford would easily capture the exact same number of buyers without bastardizing and diluting the Mustang brand.
We have absolutely nothing at this point to prove this statement. Everyone on this forum talks about the Mustang being an iconic car and that everyone knows what a Mustang is. I'd be willing to bet that a number of the 14K+ reservations are from people who want the aura of a Mustang but need a more practical vehicle.

See above comment

Mustang is Fords enthusiast brand. not anymore.
Please, please, just stop. I know your emotional about this and you have every right to be. But the sky is not falling and the 460HP Coyote in my garage says so. As do all the GT350's and GT500's to come. So long as our Mustang exists it will still be Fords enthusiast brand.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
You can’t forget about the Mustang name because it’s such a glaring flaw.

the vehicle itself seems decent enough. And that’s kind of the problem

the wolf-cryers all bent on people not being happy with the brand confusion are simply those who aren’t invested in the brand. So those voices don’t count.

but people who actually care are speaking out and adore should listen. They are basically diluting, confusing, and downgrading the brand.
No longer can the Mustang be “a rip-snorting sports car.” It’s now giant RC SUV too?

really poor move. And does nothing to either add desire to the SUV, nor does it elevate the Mustang brand. It simply creates a statement that you can’t know what a Mustang is anymore. You can’t define it. And when you try, that definition may only last the short term.

not goes against all the rules of branding, marketing, drops history, and eradicated common sense.

All I am saying is that for the purpose of comparing one vehicle to another on the merits the name shouldn't factor in.

We have absolutely nothing at this point to prove this statement. Everyone on this forum talks about the Mustang being an iconic car and that everyone knows what a Mustang is. I'd be willing to bet that a number of the 14K+ reservations are from people who want the aura of a Mustang but need a more practical vehicle.

See above comment

Please, please, just stop. I know your emotional about this and you have every right to be. But the sky is not falling and the 460HP Coyote in my garage says so. As do all the GT350's and GT500's to come. So long as our Mustang exists it will still be Fords enthusiast brand.
I think in your rush to defend a product - that doesn’t fit its name - to a group of people enthusiastic, and hence emotional, about a favored brand, that you sort of reveal the sterile, stale, devoid of life and passion type of outlook that the Mustang is not. That’s exactly the point. The Mustang is all about passion. Heck it’s won (dubious and otherwise) awards simply for that aspect of the CAR. People know what a Mustang is and they like it.

sure, an SUV is going to sell more. Because the market is heading in that direction and is in fact already there. So the data clearly exists. If the Escape and edge sell, a better looking, better performing version is going to sell, electric or no.

But it won’t be because some dweeb decided to denigrate the Mustang badge by melting down the definition and creating a new one.

It will be because people like SUVs. Particularly, nice looking, well performing SUVs that fit in their realm of affordability. That data already exists.

the Mustang doesn’t sell like those other categories. But it sells well. And well enough to justify its existence as the pony/sports CARS that define the brand.

one Ford rep mentioned that the Mach E was the way to keep the Mustang brand alive into the future. Essentially, that’s saying that if the car dies, the name lives on as a truck without a bed. Yay? You’re good with that? So I don’t remember seeing you post anything enthusiastic about the Mustang in any of they threads I’ve read. It’s likely you don’t even care much about the car. Maybe you’d be better received on a cyclist website where a Prius is your second vehicle. Just keeping it real. It’s great that you have your opinion that a battery powered SUV Is a great way to take the Mustang name forward. But it’s a sterile, unemotional, and bland opinion that itself is at odds with the enthusiast brand itself.

A 460 hp GT with? Yes please. A 526 hp 350 that revs to high heaven? Wow! A Mustang turned boba fife sports car that blows the doors off exotics in a straight line AND around a track? Heck yes!!!

that's what the Mustang does.

the Bullitt. Before my time, but dang did it resonate. And the current namesake... boom. Amazing car with tons of emotional appeal to go with great looks and performance connecting you low to the road.

the Mach E? Uh... ok I guess. Ford is going to have to get in on electric sooner or later I suppose. At least it’s not really ugly and it performs well.

In conclusion, the electric suv itself is not maligned. It’s welcomed. I’d buy it as a second vehicle.... until It was named the same thing as my performance car.

Now, I’d look elsewhere. The cyber truck for example, is more daring, doesn’t disrespect my favorite brand, and performs better at the same price. Plus I can have a quad runner accessory.

ford will try to justify this with sales numbers which is disengenuous. Because suv and cuv sales are huge.

But they’ll have no choice but to listen if it doesn’t fly off shelves. I’m just one person, but I’ll be speaking with my dollars when Ford doesn’t find them coming their way.

I want a Mustang, so I buy the car I want

I want an suv, so I buy the suv I want.

Then you have the best of everything. The sports car of your dreams and your grocery getter/people mover.

calling an suv a Mustang doesn’t get me both.
It gets me only the suv one. With a little horse sticker to remember an impossible dream (once the car is no longer an option).

But if the only market is an electric SUV, I’m cross shopping other Options now, such as the cyber truck, which seems to be a cross between the suv and the truck, offering even more versatility.

creating a performance SUV that looks awesome is a great move by Ford. Slapping the Mustang name on it just hamstrung it before it even got to the gate. It’s not just an inappropriate name for people to “get over,” it’s a sterile rewrite of the historic Mustang legacy and a vote of no confidence in its future as the sports car known and loved the world over. As I said before, humans are human. And history won’t look favorably on the Mustang 2 version 2.0.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
Look at that Mustang
Mustang_Mach_E_Pony_White.0.jpg
52ea294e-774b-4d68-9987-aa4a641ae7ff-UST_Hooper_FordMustangM_1.jpg
Mach-eWEB.jpg
mustang-mach-e-1573687504.png
d7b89fc0-09ab-11ea-bbfa-94d174874547.jpg
Meh. Looks like a:

Honda CRV
Honda HRV
Honda Passport
Mazda CX5
Mazda CX9
Mazda CX3
Hyundai Sante Fe
Hyundai Tuscon
Toyota RAV4
Kia Sportage
Kia Sorento
Kia Niro
VW Atlas
VW Tiguan
Buick Encore
Buick Enclave
Ford Escape
Ford Edge
Chevy Equinox
Chevy Trax
Nissan Kicks
Nissan Rogue
Nissan Murano
Suburu Crosstrek
Fiat 500X
Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross
Mitsubishi Outlander
Tesla Model X

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone notice FORD , absolutely SHOVING this piece of shit down our throats?? Nearly every day the last week they have posted something on Facebook about it, it’s even FoMoCo’s cover photo! not the killer Gt500 that was just released, but this little 4 door junker with a pony on the grille. Unbelievable, this company needs to be GUTTED starting with the Hack

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone notice FORD , absolutely SHOVING this piece of shit down our throats?? Nearly every day the last week they have posted something on Facebook about it, it’s even FoMoCo’s cover photo! not the killer Gt500 that was just released, but this little 4 door junker with a pony on the grille. Unbelievable, this company needs to be GUTTED starting with the Hack
Damn right.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
porsche should sue for (design) patent infringement.
P19_0085_a4_rgb-1.jpg
Sponsored