OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
The Mach E is not a mustang either so what is your point :question:
Ford, you know the maker of all things Mustang, says it is so you are wrong.

LOL.
Sponsored

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
Your state does not allow them to service their cars either.... Refer back to the map that was posted a few above.

I think Tesla has the expertise that Ford currently does not have in EVs and I think Tesla has more at stake to get the job done vs Ford where the Mach E will be a literal drop in the bucket of their sales. Ford is still very much planted in the ICE/Hybrid world and not a true EV contender yet. Yes the Mach E is an impressive entry, but its limited to 50k units in its first year and I think Ford will have a hard time making that number higher when most of their factories are dedicated to ICE vehicles and they are reliant on a outside battery manufacturer. It will take a full business model shift in Ford over to EV to be a true contender which will not happen quickly. But this is all my opinion. Back to another point as well, Tesla can get the same amount of range out of a vehicle with a 55kw battery pack (Model 3/Model Y standard range) as Ford is able to achieve out of a 75kw pack. Tesla vehicles are more efficient and have better designed electronics. And there are plenty of sources you can find to support my statement.

If Ford turned all of their dealerships into charging stations that would be impressive, remember though that Ford does not directly own their dealerships. They are owned by private parties and it would be up to these private parties to install and maintain such a system. The more viable option for Ford is to partner with Electrify America (which they have done)...
My State has Tesla dealers, I live next to one of the biggest cities in the country, and I only know of one dealer and they are 60+ miles away. Not that I care but Ford could easily make their dealers install chargers. It is common practice for manufacturers to even force dealers to drop huge amounts of money just to rebuild/design the front of their stores to keep up with branding so I don't see a couple chargers being a stretch if they want to be EV certified aka sell the Mach E. From what I have seen the test vehicles have pulled 3.6 miles per kWh in real world driving which is nothing to sneeze at. Dude we get it you are a Tesla owner. I'm not sure how this turned into a Tesla vs Ford thread, but the people that have deposits on the Mach E over the Model Y did so for their own reasons and many of which have already been stated. I doubt you are going to change anyones mind.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Please read and reread this slowly. Are we really having a conversation about a five passenger, four door CUV doing 0-60 in under 4 seconds? Are we talking about a 100K Porsche Cayenne? A 150K Lamborghini Uras? No, we are talking about a Ford, a Ford. I do not care what model name they stick on it (well actually I do :frown:) this amazing performance and blows the doors off of many of our current Mustangs.
A base GT A10 can do 0-60 in 3.9sec and only cost 36k MSRP? Yes the Mach E is a CUV but it also cost $60k. And its direct competition can do a faster 0-60 with more range and cheaper price (Model Y assuming the Mach E GT needs the performance package priced around 6k to achieve the mid 3 sec). It is impressive when compared to other CUVs but not so much when you compare it to other EV CUVs...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Ford, you know the maker of all things Mustang, says it is so you are wrong.

LOL.
Ford is saying whatever they think they need to say to make just another CUV product sell in a sea of CUVs... Does not make it a mustang. I am pretty sure alot of us here do not give a sh*t what Ford says on the topic of it being "a true mustang". A CUV can never and will never be a true mustang. Rant over...

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
You mean like this?

Nissan teams up with EVgo to provide free charging of Leaf vehicles in U.S.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/...ovider-evgo-to-invigorate-ev-sales-in-the-us/
Sort of. Ford however seems to want to charge you a subscription fee to have access to the Ford account that will allow you to PAY per use for charging.... Let that sink in for just a min.... You have to pay Ford monthly to be able to PAY to charge your car.... (now of course you should be able to forgo Fordpass and just pay directly at an Electrify America station but the ease of use goes away).

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure how this turned into a Tesla vs Ford thread, but the people that have deposits on the Mach E over the Model Y did so for their own reasons and many of which have already been stated. I doubt you are going to change anyones mind.
This is the new Mustang vs. Camaro. As far as the Mach-E vs. the Y (does that even sound right?) for me personally I do not have a choice. I'm not buying a car that I cannot have serviced locally. Now if that changes by 2021 I'll check it out and buy the one my wife likes better.

It is impressive when compared to other CUVs but not so much when you compare it to other EV CUVs...
0-60 in under four seconds is impressive for any vehicle with four wheels. The fact that another CUV can do the same doesn't change that. They are both impressive.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Sort of. Ford however seems to want to charge you a subscription fee to have access to the Ford account that will allow you to PAY per use for charging.... Let that sink in for just a min.... You have to pay Ford monthly to be able to PAY to charge your car.... (now of course you should be able to forgo Fordpass and just pay directly at an Electrify America station but the ease of use goes away).
Want to bet this changes before the first production Mach-E hits the streets. Nissan was just the first. If Chevrolet does this for the Volt, its game over. Didn't FordPass Connect just become free?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
0-60 in under four seconds is impressive for any vehicle with four wheels. The fact that another CUV can do the same doesn't change that. They are both impressive.
I agree. But comparing to its direct competition is also a valid argument for why it is not impressive IMO. EVs (when done properly) usually have very quick 0-60 times due to instant torque and full power. It is not that difficult to make an EV go under 5 sec 0-60. You just need the right sized battery that can output the right amount of current to the motor (obviously a bit more complicated than that but substantially less complicated than an ICE vehicle)

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
I agree. But comparing to its direct competition is also a valid argument for why it is not impressive IMO. EVs (when done properly) usually have very quick 0-60 times due to instant torque and full power. It is not that difficult to make an EV go under 5 sec 0-60. You just need the right sized battery that can output the right amount of current to the motor (obviously a bit more complicated than that but substantially less complicated than an ICE vehicle)
The only leg up the Y has is the range and charging rate. It is certainly not cheaper and it could definitely be argued that the Ford is the much better looking of the two.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Want to bet this changes before the first production Mach-E hits the streets. Nissan was just the first. If Chevrolet does this for the Volt, its game over. Didn't FordPass Connect just become free?
All of the promotional material for the Mach E still references "Ford gives you two years of complimentary access to the FordPass™ Charging Network for easy pay-as-you-drive charging." I think Fordpass Charging and Fordpass connect are two different entities but do not quote me on that...

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021/

(under the DC fast charging "tell me more" option)

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
The only leg up the Y has is the range and charging rate. It is certainly not cheaper and it could definitely be argued that the Ford is the much better looking of the two.
I will not disagree on looks. (everyone has different tastes and the Mach E does appeal to more people for sure) but I am talking about the Performance model of the Model Y Priced at 61k and 0-60 in 3.5sec. The base Mach E GT is cheaper but does not match performance (with current info). You have to get that step up performance package option to get the mid 3 sec 0-60. No clue on what that will cost but if it is bundled with magnaride then it is not going to be cheap. You are probably looking at a wash between the two when including the 7.5k tax credit for the Mach E GT performance package. But of course this is all speculation at this point as Ford does not have enough available info yet.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
All of the promotional material for the Mach E still references "Ford gives you two years of complimentary access to the FordPass™ Charging Network for easy pay-as-you-drive charging." I think Fordpass Charging and Fordpass connect are two different entities but do not quote me on that...

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021/
(under the DC fast charging "tell me more" option)
https://www.cars.com/articles/ford-makes-fordpass-connect-remote-vehicle-services-free-411276/

This was for FordPass Connect, not FordPass Charging. Just using this as an example.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
See bear. Poke same. Repeat.

Ford says it’s a Mustang.
Ford is saying whatever they think they need to say to make just another CUV product sell in a sea of CUVs... Does not make it a mustang. I am pretty sure alot of us here do not give a sh*t what Ford says on the topic of it being "a true mustang". A CUV can never and will never be a true mustang. Rant over...
It's just too easy. LOL.
Sponsored