Sponsored

Magnetic Grey (Satin or Gloss Black 6GR Wheels) Opinion?

Getting 6GR 7-SEVEN Wheels on Magnetic Grey GT350, which one?

• Total voters

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Gonna get some 6GR 7-SEVEN Spoke wheels for my Magnetic Grey GT350. Struggling between Gloss Black or Satin Black finish but leaning towards Gloss Black.

Opinions?

Gloss Black
Gloss 2.jpg

Gloss Black
Gloss 1.jpg

Satin Black (Could not find 7 Spoke image with Magnetic Grey)
Satin 2.jpg

Satin Black (Could not find 7 Spoke image with Magnetic Grey)
Satin 1.jpg
Sponsored

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure you really need a vote with choices that conservative. Can I vote yellow to match the calipers?

With the sandblasting these things get at Texas tracks maybe gloss would be a good one to avoid. You can't go wrong with satin black.

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Not sure you really need a vote with choices that conservative. Can I vote yellow to match the calipers?

With the sandblasting these things get at Texas tracks maybe gloss would be a good one to avoid. You can't go wrong with satin black.
Yeah, I'm not going out on much of a limb am I? :yawn:

Not my car with the yellow calipers mine are stock grey.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
FWIW, I wanted the gloss black to match the original wheels. However, the satin hides the brake dust better than gloss.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Can we vote neither? There's a million aftermarket wheel choices to choose from than wanna-be R wheels. If that doesn't deter you, the caliper clearance on those wheels should.

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Can we vote neither? There's a million aftermarket wheel choices to choose from than wanna-be R wheels. If that doesn't deter you, the caliper clearance on those wheels should.
Nope, I wanna be an R.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Everytime i see a 350 with R pin stripping I am like why pretend? Then i went to maple grove and saw 10+ GTs with the Shelby logos. I guess people want to fake it till they make it bc most people cant tell the pretend CF R rims from a 3k set.

To each his own.

Sponsored
OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Wow lighten up folks!

Maybe I just like the looks of the 7 spoke wheel? I’m not trying to impersonate an R!

upload_2019-11-19_23-4-58.jpeg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My take on it is that it's your car. Do as you see fit. I've seen some beautiful non Rs with all the R hardware, and they look stunning. Where I make my personal judgement is when people throw the red pinstriped stripes and red badging (all indictators of a true R).

Simply put, if you want an R, buy an R. However I have no problem with R or R like parts up to where someone (for whatever pathetic reason) is trying to pass a non R off as an R.

So get your wheels, wing, and splitter. Go ahead and upgrade the suspension, remove the rear seat, and install the rear seat delete. Better yet, just buy an R. The prices have come down.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Oh, I almost forgot.... I wouldn't buy 6gr wheels. Caliper clearance is horrendous. Spend a little more and get a set of signature fully forged wheels. I would rather run stock wheels than run 6gr.

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I almost forgot.... I wouldn't buy 6gr wheels. Caliper clearance is horrendous. Spend a little more and get a set of signature fully forged wheels. I would rather run stock wheels than run 6gr.
Well crap Tom, first I'm hearing about the caliper clearance. From what I have seen the CF wheels have this issue also so going to an R wouldn't solve that problem. As for not buying 6GR, that ship sailed hopefully I won't have buyers remorse. I know the fully forged wheels are superior but from what I have researched the spun forged are a decent compromise better than cast but not as strong as fully forged. Also the Signature even on their BF sale are 3x what I paid for the 6GR. If I was to go that route then yes going the full R path would be a no brainer.

I was considering going the R route and decided to just keep my GT350 for at least a year, its still way beyond my driving capabilities after my first track day and I don't expect to track more than 3x/year. I've already taken the price hit by driving it off the lot.
Sponsored