Sponsored

Ford Partnering with Volkswagen and making a 4 door sedan Mustang. Possibly dropping convertible

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
This is something I just heard on the radio. They said they have inside information the Mustang will be EV for a 4 door sedan format (next to this SUV) and a partnership with VW. They are also looking into removing the convertible and having only 4 doors. So no more 2 door Mustangs they said. Is this true? I believe it was AM64 but I changed the channel and don't remember. :crying: They were commenting on the Mach-E and mentioned these things. :facepalm::puke:
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I highly doubt it. VW has no platform for RWD cars. Afaik Ford will use the electric platform from Volkswagen for upcoming electric cars.
I totally see the 4-door Mustang becoming a thing after the Mach E, but I'm pretty sure a V8 2-door coupe and convertible will stay as the main Mustang. Especially with Mustang convertibles being like the favortie rental car for tourists.

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
I highly doubt it. VW has no platform for RWD cars. Afaik Ford will use the electric platform from Volkswagen for upcoming electric cars.
I totally see the 4-door Mustang becoming a thing after the Mach E, but I'm pretty sure a V8 2-door coupe and convertible will stay as the main Mustang. Especially with Mustang convertibles being like the favortie rental car for tourists.
Lets hope this is the last of different Mustang variances and just leave the car well enough alone. I hope it's not too much to ask? I hope no VW partnerships. VW doesn't have a good reputation for quality in their products Ie Mexico etc

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I heard from my dad's brother's sister's cousin's coworker's son that they're making a hydrogen powered 6 seater Mustang motorcycle for 2022 too.

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
So what now everything's a Mustang?

Why not drop the F150 make a mustang pickup....

Drop the transit make a Mustang F350

Hell drop the ford badge rebrand the company mustang since nothing means shit anymore...

I hope this CEO gets tared and feathered...

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Exactly... They're going to do a FWD mustang...

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don't have a phobia against 4 doors, I'd welcome a 4-door Mustang if they didn't make it longer or otherwise screw up the styling. Keep the back seat area sized such that it's inappropriate for adults and just put very small doors back there. For letting kids and/or dogs in and out or to put cargo or groceries back there. The long doors on these things are fine when you have the room to open them all the way, or you're young and don't have bad knees. At this point in my life I'd like the same size and styling just with smaller doors.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not an artiste, just screwed around for a few minutes to see what something a little more practical for us and the dogs might look like.
My 2-Door Mustang.png

My 4-Door Mustang.png

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Im sorry but NO

BUY A FORD FUSION and swap in a coyote and A10... a mustang is a RWD coupe, 2 doors and has a V8...

Thats how its been since 65... (Yes I'll forgive the inline 6...ford was learning) the ecoboost and V6 have earned their stripes...

You cant just basterdize the car and slap a pony badge on it and call it a Mustang...
NO 4 DOORS.
NO Suvs...

I think we need to just accept that the mustang is officially dead. The S550 was the last mustang After this its just going to be bean counters trying to milk the name for every cent...

The Mustang deserved better than this... It really did... Ford should have had the decency to stop production with the GT500 and retired the name...

Sorry for going off but today is a really sad day...

RIP you beautiful stallion.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Im sorry but NO

BUY A FORD FUSION and swap in a coyote and A10... a mustang is a RWD coupe, 2 doors and has a V8...
Okay here is my proposed compromise:
My Doggie-Door Mustang.png

:crackup:

OP
OP
Ghostrealm

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I heard from my dad's brother's sister's cousin's coworker's son that they're making a hydrogen powered 6 seater Mustang motorcycle for 2022 too.
I want that.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
bucket.png
Sponsored