Sponsored

Mustang back in States. I'm going crazy.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I am losing my mind. Most know I have my car in the States while I am serving out my duty station obligation here in Germany, well its driving me insane. I found out I 95% assured I will be coming back state side this summerish. This is a big change from what was orginally supposed to happen. I still should have two more years here. This includes a one year extension I voluntarily signed on top of my normal 3 year assignment. That news came a two months ago, but still no definitive words of confirmation. Alas, now all I keep thinking about is the Stang waiting for me im the stable and all the wonderful goodies I have stockpiled just waiting on me. I'm going nuts mein bruders!
Sponsored

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
I am losing my mind. Most know I have my car in the States while I am serving out my duty station obligation here in Germany, well its driving me insane. I found out I 95% assured I will be coming back state side this summerish. This is a big change from what was orginally supposed to happen. I still should have two more years here. This includes a one year extension I voluntarily signed on top of my normal 3 year assignment. That news came a two months ago, but still no definitive words of confirmation. Alas, now all I keep thinking about is the Stang waiting for me im the stable and all the wonderful goodies I have stockpiled just waiting on me. I'm going nuts mein bruders!

I can only imagine, probably doesn’t help talking with other people about their current mustang modding going on While it might give you ideas, sure has to add to the urge to mod your car.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I can only imagine, probably doesn’t help talking with other people about their current mustang modding going on While it might give you ideas, sure has to add to the urge to mod your car.
Not in the least lol. Especially when i look at everything out there and keeps changing my mind on my cosmetic mods when i still have quite bit left with the performance department.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Now your turbo kit won't be ready and waiting for you in time! Too bad you only have 1000 other mods to install to keep you busy haha

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I have my car in the States while I am serving out my duty station obligation here in Germany
First and foremost... thank you for your Service to our country!
Second... to find a bright side to your l--------o--------n---------g wait, at least you will be keeping the odometer from growing older and if you live in the north, you are also keeping the salt off of the underside of the car. I know this is a weak excuse for trying to ease the Mustang separation pain. What is it about these cars? The withdrawal when we can't drive them can be maddening.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

Buy a used Golf GTI, BMW or something and drive the wheels off of it while your there. Then sell it to the next serviceman upon your departure. I did that during my tour at Rammstein for many years. Had a blast and never looked back. Your stang will be here when you get back. Enjoy your time over there and make the best of it.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Now your turbo kit won't be ready and waiting for you in time! Too bad you only have 1000 other mods to install to keep you busy haha
Dear lord I would hope it's ready.... even from now till then its more than six months. Lol.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Buy a used Golf GTI, BMW or something and drive the wheels off of it while your there. Then sell it to the next serviceman upon your departure. I did that during my tour at Rammstein for many years. Had a blast and never looked back. Your stang will be here when you get back. Enjoy your time over there and make the best of it.
Lol, of course. Already been doing that with my 3-series wagon with M-package suspension.

Bladerunner70

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Take this time to concentrate on something else, like yourself.

Use this time to better YOU. Hit the gym hard, take some college classes in your down time. Hell, you are in Europe..., use your time there and your fun money to see western Europe, as many, many of us back here will never have that opportunity.

If you dedicate your time and energy to something else, you will find yourself spending less and less time thinking about a car. Then when you do make it back stateside, your flame for your car will be re-kindled.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Some of you dudes must think I'm some young ass E-3 sweatin his first sports car. Guys, I'm 37 years old with 19 years in the military split between 8 years in the Marine Corps and now an Officer in the Army. I have three degrees, 4 kids, and wife of 15 years. Got a kid graduating high school this year (Yes had kids before marriage). I travel all the time etc...All I was doing was posting something in the forum to keep the forum alive with discussion about how we love Stangs. I'm just venting a little, no worries.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bladerunner70

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Hey Brother, I didn't mean to patronize you. Completely my fault for interpreting your original post as coming from a 20's or 30's single-something dude with way too much time on his hands. Don't know what to tell you at this point.

Semper Fi

USMC, '92-'96

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Hey Brother, I didn't mean to patronize you. Completely my fault for interpreting your original post as coming from a 20's or 30's single-something dude with way too much time on his hands. Don't know what to tell you at this point.

Semper Fi

USMC, '92-'96
No harm man...I was simply venting. Not just at you.

Semper Fi Brother!

USMC, '01-'08

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Maybe some members here with dash cams can post some cruising vids. What part of the US is home?

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Maybe some members here with dash cams can post some cruising vids. What part of the US is home?
Lol you're funny. I just wish I could have brought the car here from the start. I wanted to enjoy it on the autobahn. But, it made sense to so all is good.

I am from Ohio, but nowhere is home now other than where the Army sends me now lol.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Lol you're funny. I just wish I could have brought the car here from the start. I wanted to enjoy it on the autobahn. But, it made sense to so all is good.

I am from Ohio, but nowhere is home now other than where the Army sends me now lol.
I was born and raised in Youngstown (North Jackson to be exact) area. I thought maybe some dash cam vids might cheer you up. I pray for your safe return home.
Sponsored