Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Well this ugly van may be the biggest Mustang blasphemy in 55 years but its LED grille ornament appears to be a separate part after all and will (provided it is the same size as ours) make an fff'in sweet retrofit.
grillee.jpg
A bigger blasphemy was a car called Mustang II.
Sponsored

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I really don't like the way they've called it the Mustang Mach E. Kind of pisses me off a bit. Should have just kept it as the Mach E.
I can picture it already, someone pulling up next to you in one of these "hey, i've got a mustang too!!!"................"no...no you don't"

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
The way I look at this is that Ford thinks the Mustang brand is strong enough to potentially cast a halo over products that are similar in intent, though not similar in form.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I think directors of Mustang clubs worldwide are scratching behind their ears thinking how they can prevent future owners of these vans from becoming members.

The whole concept of a Mustang Van is a bloody disgrace.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think directors of Mustang clubs worldwide are scratching behind their ears thinking how they can prevent future owners of these vans from becoming members.
Well, I'm an Admin for the UK's largest Mustang Facebook group and our ethos is to welcome ALL Mustangs (we were tired of hearing the II and Fox bodies getting a hard time). Mach E though.......that's really testing us! We WILL welcome them in when the time comes even though I admit I'm having a very hard time, personally, accepting this vehicle as a Mustang.

If this had been designed as a Mustang from day one, I'd likely be more accepting, but knowing this was actually first mooted as an electric replacement for the C-Max !!!).....but when Jim Hackett saw an early (bland) styling proposal he ordered a redesign. It was only then that the Mustang idea came about. And its why I can't get passed this being nothing but cynical marketing. Hopefully I'll warm up to it in time.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
And as the II is getting a little bashing here...... ;)

At least it kept to the pony car formula of a long hood, short deck and 2+2 seating. Whilst it was underpowered (as was pretty much every other car in '74) it was several hundred pounds lighter than the '73 model. In fact, Lee Iacocca didn't like the direction Mustang was going in from the '69 model year (bigger, heavier)...and he saw the II as a return to form. History doesn't treat it that way though. It'll be interesting to see how history treats Mach E

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
....and I woke up this morning thinking all this had just been a bad dream.....

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
There are a couple people that I was talking to that have kids going to college, tired of the boring SUV, want something with some more excitement, but still want the versatility of the SUV. When I mentioned the that the Mustang Mach-E was being introduced on the 17th, their eyes lighted up and wanted to know more. There are probably a lot of people that want a performance SUV but don't want to get a Jag, Porsche, Audi, Alfa, or BMW. The Mustang name is instantly recognizable and marketable for the age group they will be trying to reach.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Mustang electric car announcement?
One can only hope.... The platform is obviously there and that front end design is not bad at all. Give me a 2 door coupe version of the Mach E and that might soften the blow...

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Just saw some of the specs for the all electric, all-wheel drive version.....0-60 mid 3 sec
You have to pay $60k and wait tell spring 2021 to get it.

You could buy a MUSTANG GT A10 and put a supercharger on it and get mid 3 sec 0-60s for alot less. (Just have to point that out)

Like I said before, my impression of the specs are a bit underwhelming. The standard AWD models shouldn't still have a 0-60 of mid 5 sec...

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
You have to pay $60k and wait tell spring 2021 to get it.

You could buy a MUSTANG GT A10 and put a supercharger on it and get mid 3 sec 0-60s for alot less. (Just have to point that out)

Like I said before, my impression of the specs are a bit underwhelming. The standard AWD models shouldn't still have a 0-60 of mid 5 sec...

When you factor in the increased weight and aero penalty it’s impressive.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
I have less interest in this than I do an 80's non-turbo 2.3.

I'm MASSIVELY more interested in the Lithium demo. Honestly the Lithium is the first electric cars that has appealed to me.
My restomoded 86 GT with a half million kilometers keeps me highly interested in the 80s generation. It's stablemate is an Edge Sport SUV for fun plus utility. Replacing the Edge with a much higher torque Mustang Mach E for more fun and utility is no problem for me.

The Mach E may well become the fastest Mustang. I would hate to see an Escape Mach E beat a Mustang GT500 on the strip. That would really foretell the end of Mustang and ICE.

There is maybe a decade or two left to enjoy what we have known and loved. After that I will also be gone and my remaining family will only give a damn about whether grandpa's old cars have a charging port for their hot new personal devices.

Enjoy what we have left and get over the fact that the future will do what it will do, despite our old memories and wishes.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Chonk-E

aepemdegb7acypa86iyb.jpg
Sponsored