Sponsored

Cheap Legal Horsepower for 2019+ GTs

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
2019+ cars have the Gen 3 Coyote motor that breathes a little better than the previous cars but is also hampered by the addition of a GPF into the exhaust system. In the context of remaining street legal (i.e. retaining cats and GPF hardware), and excluding a supecharger is a tune and filter the only real viable bolt-on solution for more power on these cars? Has anyone developed a high flow cat/GPF solution yet? Does a resonated H or X pipe from Borla or Magnaflow actually flow better than the stock mid pipe resonator box?

Not that I'm particularly complaining about the power available, but I wondered if in the UK there were tuners out there capable of tuning a 2019+ car with a GPF, if the gains are worth it, and if there are any other modifications that are on the market that are worthwhile that don't delete the cats/GPF.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also interested in this thread.

About to pick up my 2019 GT and want to make some mild upgrades and stay within warranty if available. I look forward to the experts in this forum chipping in with their pearls of wisdom.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i think most yank tuners are refusing to tune for gpf's now and I wouldn't trust any UK based tuner

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I started a thread asking a similar question about achieving 500bhp, bolt ons & "Toon".

I believe Palm Beach Dyno may toon U.K. GPF equiped cars.

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
How can I tell what Gen my engine is? Reason being I originally purchased a 2019 stang but then needed an engine replacement which they then put in a oct 2017 built engine.

Asking because I'm interested but now I have no idea where I stand

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
How can I tell what Gen my engine is? Reason being I originally purchased a 2019 stang but then needed an engine replacement which they then put in a oct 2017 built engine.

Asking because I'm interested but now I have no idea where I stand
Confirm with the people who replaced your engine.

However, seeing as you've an MY18> car, I'd expect your car was built with a Gen 3 Coyote and so it should have been replaced with a Gen 3 engine.
Generally, converting a car with a Gen 3, to take a Gen 2 I would expect to be an even larger job than fitting a same generation replacement engine.

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
Makes sense, just wondered if there was an easy visual way to tell the difference between the generations

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Makes sense, just wondered if there was an easy visual way to tell the difference between the generations
Im no expert, but considering the big engine cover isnt interchangable then that alone would be the giveaway?

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think this thread went in a different direction than I expected.

I have decided to add a bigger throttle body and cold air intake, alongside a Borla cat-back. Once the parts arrive and are fitted I think it will benefit from a mild tune.

So I am curious to know if anyone knows of tuners that will provide tunes for GPF cars.
I saw the reply about Palm Beach possibly being able to help.

Are there any other people that have had success on a GPF car with other tuners?

Thanks

Nev

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I dyno everytime I do somenthing
2018 pp1 10speed
Borla atak +12-14whp
Tune 91oct (about 95 for europe) +9whp
Tune 96(like 100 europe) +20whp
JLT +22whp on my tune 96oct (inuse the car for the track to if you do street you might heatsoaking a little)

Next for me e85 (impossible in europe)
Headers add 10-12whp extra however impossible for me with my borla atak (too loud)
Then you need to start to digbinto engine components. Like camshaft etc.

Hope this help

Alex

Sponsored
OP
OP
cib24

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
I dyno everytime I do somenthing
2018 pp1 10speed
Borla atak +12-14whp
Tune 91oct (about 95 for europe) +9whp
Tune 96(like 100 europe) +20whp
JLT +22whp on my tune 96oct (inuse the car for the track to if you do street you might heatsoaking a little)

Next for me e85 (impossible in europe)
Headers add 10-12whp extra however impossible for me with my borla atak (too loud)
Then you need to start to digbinto engine components. Like camshaft etc.

Hope this help

Alex
So, for the sake of argument if we assume your car started at 400whp bone stock, you have gained:

13 + 20 + 22 = 55whp from the Borla Attack system, aftermarket intake and a 96 octane tune?

You mention that you are located in Europe, so your car may actually have the 444hp rating out of the box due to the compromised header design, or am I making the wrong assumption?

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
So, for the sake of argument if we assume your car started at 400whp bone stock, you have gained:

13 + 20 + 22 = 55whp from the Borla Attack system, aftermarket intake and a 96 octane tune?

You mention that you are located in Europe, so your car may actually have the 444hp rating out of the box due to the compromised header design, or am I making the wrong assumption?
No I'm in Cali but I'm from italy so I'm familiar with gasolime over there.
My car seats at 465whp. (Oem was higher than 400)
Now on top of the 15% more HP
What is important is the torque you gain. Especially withban engine like ours that work over 4000rpm having a tq gain in the lower rpm helps a lot :)
Sponsored