OP

JDev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
either way, no matter your thoughts on the gt500 Base and CFTP vs gt350R...it won't be long before we start to see real data come in. My personal opinion is that we may be in for a surprise!
Sponsored

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
At one time I would have thought the GT350R would be faster on smaller courses, but currently my guess based on reviews is the GT500 will be faster everywhere. I'm excited to find out.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Oh yeah and there were apparently two people in the 500 and that wasn’t the fastest lap

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
but...is it faster around a road coarse than the gt350R?....we will have to wait and see
I doubt the R will be faster. Look at the results of the MT H2H ZL1 vs R, while the R was the better car it couldn't make up for the hp/tq disparity on the track. The 500 will likely be faster than the ZL1.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I doubt the R will be faster. Look at the results of the MT H2H ZL1 vs R, while the R was the better car it couldn't make up for the hp/tq disparity on the track. The 500 will likely be faster than the ZL1.
Likely? Much faster!

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I really cant wait to see the likes of @Tomster and others that beat the snot out of their R's give their thoughts on the 500. Im pretty sure it will be rave reviews. I doubt many will come in and say spent 100k+ on this car and i regret it. But i dont see any reason they would. Every thing seems to say and point to Ford knocking it out the park. Ill never own one but am excited to see what people do with the car and what thoughts are on it.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
There was a 350R in the Grattan video but I don't know if anyone timed a lap. However, me thinks it won't be able to hang with the 500.
Which car/color? I can take a look

I believe I heard the track pack version has different mapping in the transmission or so. I cannot remember where I heard this so I cannot look it up....
Rumor: proven false

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I really cant wait to see the likes of @Tomster and others that beat the snot out of their R's give their thoughts on the 500. Im pretty sure it will be rave reviews. I doubt many will come in and say spent 100k+ on this car and i regret it. But i dont see any reason they would. Every thing seems to say and point to Ford knocking it out the park. Ill never own one but am excited to see what people do with the car and what thoughts are on it.
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I don't beat the snot out of my cars. No offense taken, but I am very meticulous with my vehicles and operate them within their design specifications and service them accordingly.

As for the 500, I probably won't be publishing my track experiences due to the mentioned perceptions and for other reasons.

Really, no offense was taken, but I felt it necessary that I dont beat on my cars.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I don't beat the snot out of my cars. No offense taken, but I am very meticulous with my vehicles and operate them within their design specifications and service them accordingly.

As for the 500, I probably won't be publishing my track experiences due to the mentioned perceptions and for other reasons.

Really, no offense was taken, but I felt it necessary that I dont beat on my cars.
When i said beat i meant pushed to the limits, from my reading of some of your posts it sounds like you have pushed the car to all its capacity, or maybe im just not reading into your posts right. I understand you didnt take offense, i didnt mean any offense given. Just that we have a group of guys that seem to know how to drive these cars properly and now getting a 500, so it wont be the typical rag testers that are seconds off what the car should be doing.
Sponsored