Sponsored

Transferring Parts From MY17 to MY19 GT

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
So my 2018 (MY18) GT goes back end of the month and my new MY19 facelift GT arrives to take its place.

I’m returning my current car to stock and would like to carry over as many of the mods as I can to the new GT

I’m hoping / believe the following parts, amongst others, can be transferred across but I’d like some confirmation they will be compatible with the new model !

1. Eibach sportline (red) lowering springs
2. Eibach 25mm spacers
3. Velossa Big Mouth Ram Air Intake
4. Exotic Pony Tailight sequencers
5. Carbon Fibre rear boot lid spoiler
6. Replacement smooth rear deck lid

Does anyone know if any of the above are not compatible with the facelift GT?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Springs, sequencers, spoiler, and deck lid should all transfer over without issues.

I think some people had issues with spacer clearance, not sure if that is a Magneride specific thing or not (I feel like all export models have that too, no?) and the grill shape is different so the Big Mouth might not mount the same.

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Springs, sequencers, spoiler, and deck lid should all transfer over without issues.

I think some people had issues with spacer clearance, not sure if that is a Magneride specific thing or not (I feel like all export models have that too, no?) and the grill shape is different so the Big Mouth might not mount the same.
Thanks my new one doesn’t have the magnaride option so hopefully the spacers shouldn’t be an issue.

The Velossa Big Mouth sits behind the grill so the change in grill shape may not affect this part. Their website states 2015-2018 fitment so it’s not clear if this will fit the 2019 model or not. I’ve sent them an email to query this.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
The spacer issue may be due to the wheels not having the pockets in the rear to accomodate the stock studs poking through. But don't quote me on that...

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Thanks my new one doesn’t have the magnaride option so hopefully the spacers shouldn’t be an issue.

The Velossa Big Mouth sits behind the grill so the change in grill shape may not affect this part. Their website states 2015-2018 fitment so it’s not clear if this will fit the 2019 model or not. I’ve sent them an email to query this.
If it works on a 18 it will work on 19.

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Can’t wait to see the new one, what you gone for then spec wise??

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Can’t wait to see the new one, what you gone for then spec wise??
Orange Fury GT manual
Custom Pack 2
Black Roof
Black body stripe
Front parking sensors

The beauty is I can (hopefully) transfer a load of my existing bits across to the new car ! Certainly all the carbon fibre parts will fit.

Look out for the garage sale on here in a couple of weeks when I’ll be selling all the bits I no longer can use, as a starter for 10 I’ll be selling the following end of Nov.

Cervini front splitter
US spec lower grill
GT350 Grill extensions
The active exhaust and GT350 rear valance that I’ve discussed in separate post

Damo66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I assume the front parking sensors are a dealer fit option?

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Velossa Tech works just fine
Springs not if you have a magneride car

Spoiler and decklid panel will work. There might be a tab on the panel that you need to Dremel, at least that was the case with the FP-panel I installed.

The spacers I am not sure if they fit on a mangeride equipped car as the hubs are differen.

I have a video on installation for the velossa Tech and the rear deck lid panel

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia

Spoiler and decklid panel will work. There might be a tab on the panel that you need to Dremel, at least that was the case with the FP-panel I installed.

The spacers I am not sure if they fit on a mangeride equipped car as the hubs are differen.

Good news thanks

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia

So the man from Dreamscience has come back to me to say the facelift Mustang is completely different so the Velossa Big Mouth is not transferable from the MY15-17 to the MY18+ models :crying:

This response conflicts with some reports online so has anyone fitted a Velossa Big Mouth to the facelift models to help clarify on this ?

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I installed it on mine
So the man from Dreamscience has come back to me to say the facelift Mustang is completely different so the Velossa Big Mouth is not transferable from the MY15-17 to the MY18+ models :crying:

This response conflicts with some reports online so has anyone fitted a Velossa Big Mouth to the facelift models to help clarify on this ?
Sponsored