To Vossen or Not to Vossen??

Chubbiejones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am in the market to replace my stock PP wheels and I have always been a fan of Vossen wheels but at the same time not a major fan of their pricing. With that stated what are your overall thoughts? I know Vossen manufacturers some fantastic wheels but I am sure there are alternatives that are as good or better. Would like to know everyone's thoughts and your personal opinions
Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Actually i am in the same boat as you. I was almost decided on the HF-3 until they told me the price. Now i am thinking on the Vertini wheels that are less pricey.

But as this market changes a lot there are some new wheels Vossen presented at SEMA (pics) that has changed my mind again (Jajajajajaj).

The new one that i like is the HF-5 that will be coming out soon and you don't have to stick with the 9" on front as previous wheels. I also read that they have lifetime warranty and that is a plus. The Vertini is only 1 year.

Thought, thought's, thoughts...

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Heck to the no, I’m not paying that much when there are so many other good options to choose from. Depends on how long you’re going to keep the car tho I guess.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Chubbiejones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Actually i am in the same boat as you. I was almost decided on the HF-3 until they told me the price. Now i am thinking on the Vertini wheels that are less pricey.

But as this market changes a lot there are some new wheels Vossen presented at SEMA (pics) that has changed my mind again (Jajajajajaj).

The new one that i like is the HF-5 that will be coming out soon and you don't have to stick with the 9" on front as previous wheels. I also read that they have lifetime warranty and that is a plus. The Vertini is only 1 year.

Thought, thought's, thoughts...
WCHARON - I couldn't agree with you more! The price tag on Vossen wheels is a bit steep but at the same time I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for".....but I am also looking for a good deal. I know a few folks who have Vossen wheels and I have never heard them complain, not a single one; not to mention the fit and finish is second to none!

UGH - decisions, decisions, decisions :)

The new HF5 do look good!

Keep me posted on which direction you choose

Let us know if you guys would like pricing on Vossens.

Current ETA is 2-3 weeks for new builds.

-Josh
Will do Josh!

Heck to the no, I’m not paying that much when there are so many other good options to choose from. Depends on how long you’re going to keep the car tho I guess.
NightmareMoon - I do plan on keeping the car for at least a few years but of course that is always subject to change :) What other options do you recommend?

@Chubbiejones

Which wheel model of Vossens?
SoCalTim - I am between the HF2 and HF3 and the HF6-2

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
For me a really like the HF-3 on Double Tinted or Gloss Graphite. The details are excepcional. What have me thinking right now between this model and the HF-5 is that if i go with the standards colors mentioned i will have to go with 20 x 9 / 20 x10.5 on the HF-3 and i was looking for 10 front as i like the deep concave.

The HF-5 i can go with the combination i want and i can also go square but the standards color are only Gloss Black and Matte Silver which i don't like. If i choose an additional color it will cost more per package.

What a dilema. jajajajjajjajaj

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Pay more to get exactly what you want!

-Josh
Agree with you but then i have to sacrifice the standard color (Double Tinted or Gloss Graphite) or i am wrong? If i do that i will have to go with the custom colors. At least that is what i have read.

Please correct the information if my understanding is incorrect.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
You are correct, I think we might have talked before in the PM's.. haha.

If anyones interested in the new HF-5, starting to take pre-orders, they're only making them in 20s though.

-Josh

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
I will have to say, the quality of Vossen is awesome. Some of the best wheels we've been able to put our hands on.

OP
OP

Chubbiejones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I will have to say, the quality of Vossen is awesome. Some of the best wheels we've been able to put our hands on.

Jayman33, I would have to agree with your statement!

Anyone have any experience with Ferrada wheels? Also, looks to be a clean and comparable wheel......

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Solid wheels, however the VFS 2's I bought used (only a year old) were flaking and needed to be recoated. Maybe it was a quirk. IDK. I had mine recoated locally (got a steal on them)...but sold them shortly after putting them ont eh 14 S197 as they just didn't work for my taste.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Jayman33, I would have to agree with your statement!

Anyone have any experience with Ferrada wheels? Also, looks to be a clean and comparable wheel......
Ferrada is a solid wheel as well I'm just not crazy about their fitments. I also like Vertini and VS Forged wheels. Lots of options on fitment and offset and seriously and awesome price point. We're doing $200.00 a set of Vertini wheels as well.

OP
OP

Chubbiejones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ferrada is a solid wheel as well I'm just not crazy about their fitments. I also like Vertini and VS Forged wheels. Lots of options on fitment and offset and seriously and awesome price point. We're doing $200.00 a set of Vertini wheels as well.
So if there was a choice between - Vossen, Ferrada, Rohana, Vertini and VS Forged who would be the top three (if price is not a factor)
Sponsored