New Bullitt Brembos Arrived.

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Yep. My car is a 2016. They work on all s550's. Just take the old calipers and rotors off and the Brembos bolt right on. Its a really easy install, the hardest part for me was bleeding the brakes, but I've really never done that before so I had a friend help.[/QUO

Good video of bleeding Mustang brakes. It is a GT350 so it has dual bleeder screws on the rear that we don't have on this upgrade. But good information especially if you have the pressure bleeder. Some other good tips in it as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Thank's. I've thought about getting that setup to bleed the brakes, it seems to make it a lot easier.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I ordered the same Brakemotive bleeder after watching that video for my upgrade. Definitely made the job easier and able to do everything myself.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally had a chance to track the car with the Brembo brakes. All I can say is WOW, the new brakes are incredible. Granted, I was in a beginner group and it was a cool day, but by the end of the day we were pushing the cars pretty hard. I could tell they felt good on the street but actually using them on the track really impressed me, I couldn't believe how good they felt and quickly they stopped. During the 20 minutes sessions they were stopping just as well as at the end, if not better. Maybe in the warmer weather and with more aggressive driving I will feel some fade, but I could always just add some brake cooling ducts. They made me feel so much more confident on the track. I was on stock pads and rotors. I might get a lighter wheel set (I had to use the stock 20" wheels and tires which were 65lbs each) and maybe some lighter 2 piece rotors. I bet these upgrades should improve the stopping performance even more because of the lighter weight?

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I finally had a chance to track the car with the Brembo brakes. All I can say is WOW, the new brakes are incredible.
I wish that the rear brakes weren't the same single floating piston :(. Even like a Kia Stinger style Brembo rear caliper would be nice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish that the rear brakes weren't the same single floating piston :(. Even like a Kia Stinger style Brembo rear caliper would be nice.
I agree. It would look much better, but the rear ones seem to get the job done. That being said I think Ford wanted to save some money and cheaped out on the rear calipers. It seems like most companies that offer front Brembos also offer them on the rear.

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. It would look much better, but the rear ones seem to get the job done. That being said I think Ford wanted to save some money and cheaped out on the rear calipers. It seems like most companies that offer front Brembos also offer them on the rear.
Yeah, most other companies do. Though there are a lot that only do front, an example being the BMW 8-series.
For the next generation or refresh of the Mustang I would like to see a better rear caliper. Probably decreases stopping distance by a foot, and looks better.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I suspect that being able to integrate the parking brake function has been driving use of the current design.

I wouldn't mind seeing the end of having to screw the caliper pistons back in when replacing pads or rotors, if that could be accomplished without having to go to a drum-brake design for the p-brake.

Norm

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
But the money it would cost to upgrade the rear caliper isnā€™t money theyā€™re going to spend. Plenty of manufactures use rear calipers like the ones on our cars and I only ever hear people complain about them on this forum. I personally think the non pp front calipers are bland and ugly, but they work well. A member on here modified rear gt350 calipers to fit bit the parking brake issue still stands

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But the money it would cost to upgrade the rear caliper isnā€™t money theyā€™re going to spend. Plenty of manufactures use rear calipers like the ones on our cars and I only ever hear people complain about them on this forum. I personally think the non pp front calipers are bland and ugly, but they work well. A member on here modified rear gt350 calipers to fit bit the parking brake issue still stands
I agree about the base 4 piston calipers. Mine worked great on the street but they are bland and ugly. The finish, or non-finish on them is terrible. I know people have had issues with them on the track but performance wise, they work well on the street. The Bullitt upgrades was one of my favorite so far because it significantly improved both the look of the car and performance.

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree about the base 4 piston calipers. Mine worked great on the street but they are bland and ugly. The finish, or non-finish on them is terrible. I know people have had issues with them on the track but performance wise, they work well on the street. The Bullitt upgrades was one of my favorite so far because it significantly improved both the look of the car and performance.
I 120% agree. I donā€™t track my car (but plan to in the future) so this upgrade was sort of a no-brainer. I opted for the two piece rotors when Steeda had a group buy on them. Aside from the obvious upgrade in performance, itā€™s definitely one of my favorite visual modifications as well

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I 120% agree. I donā€™t track my car (but plan to in the future) so this upgrade was sort of a no-brainer. I opted for the two piece rotors when Steeda had a group buy on them. Aside from the obvious upgrade in performance, itā€™s definitely one of my favorite visual modifications as well
I wish I had bought the Steeda rotors then. I believe they save about 7lbs per corner? Do they make a solid version or are they all slotted or drilled?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I'm finally pulling the trigger on this one. Can anyone confirm if these parts will be needed also ?

• Right Front Brake Hose - FR3Z-2078-J
  • Left Front Brake Hose - FR3Z-2078-K
  • Gaskets W711784-S300 (x4)

Thanks.
Sponsored