Sponsored

GT350R Springs for GT (high rate, minimum lowering)

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Good to hear.

Since you do have the Konis, you may have found that the little plastic adjusting tools leave a bit to be desired. I know I did.

This was easy to make and use. Just be extra careful/gentle when re-zeroing the adjustment against its stop because it does give you a whole lot more leverage..

full.jpg

Norm
DSC03213.JPG
Nice, I need to make one of those. It will help with the rears too, they are tough to reach and since the adjustment knob was rusted a bit I need some additional leverage to move it.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Nice, I need to make one of those. It will help with the rears too, they are tough to reach and since the adjustment knob was rusted a bit I need some additional leverage to move it.
Don't overlook the edit I made about only needing 90° rotation if you cut it like that.

Norm

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't overlook the edit I made about only needing 90° rotation if you cut it like that.

Norm
Thanks. Got it. Also, you guys confirmed that one full turn on a Koni is 360 degrees and not 180?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Good to hear.

Since you do have the Konis, you may have found that the little plastic adjusting tools leave a bit to be desired. I know I did.

This was easy to make and use, and only needs to have 90° rotation. Just be extra careful/gentle when re-zeroing the adjustment against its stop because it does give you a whole lot more leverage.

full.jpg

DSC03213.JPG

Norm
Oh if only you could adjust the S550 rears from the trunk...

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh if only you could adjust the S550 rears from the trunk...
I was thinking the same thing. So much easier and no rust on the adjustment knob.

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
So to confirm...
GT350 front spring @194#, -0.3" front drop
SP088 rear spring @184#, -0.5" rear drop + Steeda 1/4" or 1/8" spacer to fine-tune the stance
Need a little help:
I'm planning to go exactly this route for minimal drop and mild spring increase: 194/800

However, I am trying to find the current part# for the 194 lbs springs but it seems like they have been revised so not sure which is the right one. Can someone confirm this is the right one?
FR3Z-5310-K

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
To be honest, I would not do that combination. It will have reverse rake. If you want to use OEM springs, get the GT350R springs, FR3Z-5310-M (240 lb/in, 0.7" drop).

You'd probably be best off getting Steeda's min drop fronts (200 lb/in, 0.5" drop) and the SP088 rear (800 lb/in, 0.5" drop).
Hi Brian, I was planning on using 1/8 spacers on the rear to negate the reverse rake.
The steeda fronts are nice but from what I know they only sell them as set of 4

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
When I have asked in the past, they would sell them separately as pairs if you call them. Either of those options would work.
Brian,
You are correct, we will sell them separately.

Thank you,

Steeda Tech

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Do you guys think the base gt350 front spring (194 lbs) would match well with rear pp springs(728 lbs) for street use only?

According to Bmacil's excel sheet it shoud have a similar 1.01 ride frequency f/r ratio as the gt350r

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Not bad, but I'd still look at my suggestion above to get 200/800, especially for a street car.
You also suggested to use the gt350r fronts with the sp088 rear (240/800) which is an even lower f/r ratio: 0.96.
If you want to use OEM springs, get the GT350R springs, FR3Z-5310-M (240 lb/in, 0.7" drop).
If that works well then gt350 front and pp rear(194/728) should drive similar just a little less stiff, right?

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
The only reason for that suggestion was to avoid reverse rake. 200/800 is an ideal street setup.
I'm reluctant to stiffer springs as streets are pretty bad here. My inicial plan was to only change struts and shocks (frpp track) with base springs. However, I'd like to improve agility of the heavy front end so I think a little stiffer might help. For the rear I want I dont need it as much, just want it to follow the front correctly and be as comfortable as possible.
I used to really like driving 2 wheels with stiffer front end than rear but I dont know how this car will drive with that setup

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I'm reluctant to stiffer springs as streets are pretty bad here. My inicial plan was to only change struts and shocks (frpp track) with base springs. However, I'd like to improve agility of the heavy front end so I think a little stiffer might help. For the rear I want I dont need it as much, just want it to follow the front correctly and be as comfortable as possible.
I used to really like driving 2 wheels with stiffer front end than rear but I dont know how this car will drive with that setup
Brian has set up countless cars. You wont go wrong by listening to him.

Believe me.

Edited to sound less like an a-hole.

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm reluctant to stiffer springs as streets are pretty bad here. My inicial plan was to only change struts and shocks (frpp track) with base springs. However, I'd like to improve agility of the heavy front end so I think a little stiffer might help.
Then maybe forget all about changing the springs and start out with just the shocks/struts and a stiffer front sta-bar (ideally adjustable). Consider an adjustable rear bar later if you still can't get the feel/handling balance that you're looking for.

Norm

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
I listened to the advice given around here and Just installed the FRPP track shocks and struts with BMR SP083 springs and GT350R front/rear sway bars. It is night and day difference between the base GT suspension and whats currently on it. Not too stiff but very planted and flat, I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a great suspension setup that won't break the bank.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
if your roads are bad then You should be a little reluctant about stiff springs. Softer higher springs (you need travel for the suspension to work on bad roads) and use good shocks to control the ride, thing is the base springs are really too soft if you drive very hard. ~PP1 spring rates are ok for handling when paired with good shocks and mildly stiffer swaybars. Lighter wheels also help on poor quality roads.
Sponsored