Sponsored

Boosted 350's come on in!

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know of real good shops in CA, AZ, or NV? I checked Brenspeed and it's a good 2,200 mile drive...one way :crying:

I wish they were closer. Might seriously consider a Whipple (or ProCharger) with the BF sales upcoming. But have to find a place I trust and can drive to. Might see if any of these recommended shops can price match Brenspeed's quote.
Sponsored

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I wish they were closer. Might seriously consider a Whipple (or ProCharger) with the BF sales upcoming. But have to find a place I trust and can drive to. Might see if any of these recommended shops can price match Brenspeed's quote.
Good luck! Lol

That's a VERY good quote.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Damn, if I wasn’t getting a brand new motor and gonna beg for an extended warranty, I’d take this bait.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Damn, if I wasn’t getting a brand new motor and gonna beg for an extended warranty, I’d take this bait.
What happened? i thought you were looking to boost?

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What happened? i thought you were looking to boost?
I want to put a good 15-20k on the motor just to make sure it’s not an oil burner or have other issues, then I’m gonna boost it. By then this deal will surely be over.

Sponsored

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I want to put a good 15-20k on the motor just to make sure it’s not an oil burner or have other issues, then I’m gonna boost it. By then this deal will surely be over.
The 15% deals happen at least a couple times a year if I'm not mistaken, thats when you save the most cash. Just scoop up the parts needed during sales while you rack up the miles, that includes the tunes. Buy now when discounted, use it later :beer:

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The 15% deals happen at least a couple times a year if I'm not mistaken, thats when you save the most cash. Just scoop up the parts needed during sales while you rack up the miles, that includes the tunes. Buy now when discounted, use it later :beer:
Great plan. I’m glad I thought of it.

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06
Having just installed the exact same system Gen 5 plus the OPG and crank sprocket doing the install by myself... this is a very good deal.
How do you like the blower setup? Really want to do this and would appreciate any feedback you can provide?

Paperdude2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2018 Range Rover
review? Temps? Mpg? Driveability? Etc
Only have about 750 miles on the blower at this point. My initial reviews and comments are as follows:

Temperatures- Cylinder head temps run about 200-208
Oil Temps- Oil temps run about 195-200
Oil pressures- 75-100 (similar to original factory set up)
Drivability-The car is insanely fast, very responsive....the torque curve is very flat from 3000 rpm to 8200 biggest problem is putting all the power and torque to the ground. Not very hard to break the back end loose in 3rd gear at 4500 rpm. Have not even tried to do an aggressive standing start ....it will just spin the tires...but in any kind of a roll out say 20-30 mph it is insane. (One of my problems is the temperatures here in Western Wisconsin at this time of year doesn’t allow for the normal traction you could get with temperatures in the 70-80 deg summer conditions...will anxiously await my spring/summer driving next year.)
MPG- if you’re looking for good gas mileage don’t go with the blower! My mileage has probably dropped about 4 MPG from stock. Remember the injector size goes up from 47 to 72 lbs this results in more fuel even at the low RPM in 6th gear. But the smile you have when driving this is well worth it.

The only negative that I have seen is a little bit of a starting hesitation when the engine is cold, probably lasts about 10 sec and then everything is normal. The blower assembly and extra coolant for the inter cooler adds about 175 lbs of front end weight....this is noticeable. Running the factory springs I have lost almost 1 inch of ride height, I don’t track the car and therefore the loss of ride height is a problem for me as a driver. To resolve this problem I’m getting a set of custom made springs manufactured for the front that will return the car to factory ride height with the increased weight but will keep all of the factory rebound rates. I probably will not have them installed before I put the car away for the winter so I won’t have any real world experience with them until spring.

All in all I’m very pleased with the system.

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
I will only go roots.....just because of the low end......orrrrr just keep it stock because i’d hate to get rid of the strut tower brace.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Anyone know of real good shops in CA, AZ, or NV? I checked Brenspeed and it's a good 2,200 mile drive...one way :crying:

Contact Paramount Speed in CA. Maybe Steve and Mike will hook you up.
-J

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
That is a very nice deal. I doubt if Fat Fab has a deal happening, but one could hope. Hell if they did do a deal. My car is shipped lol !

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
That is a very nice deal. I doubt if Fat Fab has a deal happening, but one could hope. Hell if they did do a deal. My car is shipped lol !
A deal? LOL, FatFab prices start at $25k for their 800R package!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I really don’t think it’s that much of a deal
The Gen 3 kit on Black Friday can be had for $7K or even less.
Most places charge about $1K labor for the install.
Add another $1K estimate for OPG/CS .
Sponsored