Sponsored

I went to the track the day after installing a CVF intercooler on the Ecoboost Mustang

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
It was a cool night at Orlando Speedworld Dragway last night (mid to low 70s F with low humidity) and I happen to just install an aftermarket intercooler from CVF on my car the day before; so I thought I would go to the track and find out how the intercooler upgrade works out:

I had the gauge mode on the dash screen the whole time and I noticed that the intake air temperatures usually stayed around 5-10F above ambient temperature while the car is moving down the track. Even when the car was heatsoaking at around 100F at the waiting stage lanes, the IAT (intake air temperature) would start dropping down like a rock close to the outside temperature as soon as the car races down the track. I highly recommend an intercooler upgrade for Ecoboost Mustangs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Any base stock numbers to compare to?

OP
OP
Solteka

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
^^
All the videos below shows the numbers when the car was bone stock.

Here is a video that was a couple of weeks ago, it was also around the 70s but it was more humid:

Here is an even older video a few months back, but the car had less than 2000 miles on it then (compared to 11,500 miles now), the track conditions match a little better:

**Watch these two older videos and compare trap speeds with those in the latest video**

Hope that helps!

Just a bonus, here is a video that shows me racing the car (it had only 800+ miles on it then) the first time at the track, it was very cold at the track though.

Last edited:

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
looks fun, what diff ratio?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Solteka

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
looks fun, what diff ratio?

It is 3:15 gears, the car is the base model with no premium or performance package.

I went to the track again yesterday (11/13/2019), the weather was in the high 60s with low humidity and I was getting into the 13.5x on two of the four races.

I think that in the 40s or 50s Fahrenheit the car with this intercooler should be able to get 13.3x with a good launch on street tires.

Last edited:

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
Whipple has some numbers with their intercooler setup. It would have been nice if they attached some videos, but they are one of the few ecoboost mod companies with a solid chart.
https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=418

It would be nice to see how a normal ecoboost with an aftermarket intercooler / boost setup would fair against the HPP ecoboost.

That is interesting, comes with a tune also that is 50 state legal, nice. Thing is huge!
Sponsored