1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
This post makes literally no sense. GM does what ? What's the point of comparing aftermarket build with production car ?
It would be great if gm had an answer for the gt500.
Maybe this will push ford to make a GT500R.

Competition is good folks, everyone wins when we have options.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
It would be great if gm had an answer for the gt500.
Maybe this will push ford to make a GT500R.

Competition is good folks, everyone wins when we have options.
Yes - of course - but first let's see if it's actually faster (whatever that means) than ZL1 1LE and by how much. Bringing up some idiotic aftermarket build with a comment of "it's only a matter of time that GM does it" is just idiotic. No, GM will not do it, given current sales it's unlikely GM will do anything. And comment is only to start another flame. Hennessey builds Fords too, in fact has a category for GT500 already and no doubt will build similar car which only purpose is to flash out in the news (OMG, 1200 hp !!!1!) and have kids jerk off over it. It serves no other purpose.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Yeah GM has the LT5 in their parts bin so I think question is will they throw it in the camaro as a new production model.....(maybe new Z28?). And then the question will be will 755 hp and probably minor chassis changes be enough to top the GT500? Hell we don't even know how the current ZL1 will stack up with to the GT500, we only assume the GT500 will be king. IMO the GT500 will outdo the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE but..... i think if they introduced the LT5 in the camaro then the fight just got way closer....again IMO

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Seems goofy to compare either of these cars yet. Wait till these cars are actually in real people's hands, then let the chips lay where they may. Till then speculation is just that. Of course I want the GT500 to win this battle of the brands...nothing GM makes do I want, unfortunately now I'm gonna say the same for Ford, except maybe another foxbody or a clean Termi, but nothing new right now for me.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Retarded. plenty of aftermarket support for the Camaros already, know plenty of people with fast 800-1000hp ones.. adding power is 1 part of the equation. GM is dumb, but i doubt dumb enough to throw $$ at a failing program, which would be needed to best the 500 at this point

nc_oc=AQmRxh9h0p7caqrDjzWflRindvg7pmj8nzs6DIHbWPAxWPwLtBYO7TQgsaoHgQ7yeX0&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

And as always, Hennessey is a scamartist and anyone who deals with him, or even gives his site clicks, deserves exactly what they get

and my favorite part:

"Production of THE RESURRECTION will be limited to just 24 examples. THE RESURRECTION can be ordered directly from Chevrolet dealers or from Hennessey at the cost of $200,000 which includes the new Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE."

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
200k? wut lol. I know alot better things to spend 200k on.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I agree it makes zero sense, but IMO GM is the more petty of the 2 brands and i wouldn’t be surprised. They announced the A10 in the ZLE RIGHT after ford announced the 500. In my short time with GM, they seem like that friend (we all have one) that just doesn’t take a joke very well.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Yes but.to actually equal 500 performance, they would need the lt5, an automatic, and tones.of.coolers, as well as tune the suspension for the extra weight, and then test and refine.

Doubtful since then its price gets pushed higher as well as weight, and then any bs talking points gm or their fanbase had, is thrown right.out the window, and then it HAS to not only meet, but exceed 500 performance... huge investment, odds against them, and even then very little ROI if successful

Sponsored

Snowwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 2017 Expedition, 2019 Honda Civic
The one huge advantage the ZL1 has is cooling. It does a much better job than the Z06 and I read reports of people tracking the car most of the day in hot weather with no heat related issues.
If GM ever builds the ZL1 with a dual clutch auto they are going to have one seriously fast car.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The one huge advantage the ZL1 has is cooling. It does a much better job than the Z06 and I read reports of people tracking the car most of the day in hot weather with no heat related issues.
If GM ever builds the ZL1 with a dual clutch auto they are going to have one seriously fast car.
In current configuration.. adding power adds heat. Of course, nothing is impossible, it just seems like a large hurdle with minimal returns.

Even if they were to produce a GT500 killer.. who is buying it? sure the CG6 forum would love to talk about it, but they sure arnt going to pony up for it

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It makes zero sense from a business perspective. Sure, if some enthusiast engineers in GM could get the project funded (design, build, test - a production car has a lot of cost considerations), I'm sure they'd do it - but bean counters will prevail.

Looks the price difference between a Z06 and a ZR1, and factor that into the MSRP of a LT5 powered ZLE (with all the required tooling, testing, design considerations for warranty, etc.), is there really much of a market for a $85K-90K+ Camaro, when GM already can't give away the ZLE?

Snowwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 2017 Expedition, 2019 Honda Civic
I didn't mention increasing power over the existing ZL1. I said if GM switched the transmission to a dual clutch design it would be faster. My bet is it could easily run sub 3 second 0-60 times with good street tires.
Who would pay for it? A lot of Chevy lovers could be potential buyers. A dual clutch trans shouldn't add more than $2-3K at most so you could still get out of the dealers lot for $70k or less.
Not being loyal to any brand keeps a drivers options wide open.

GM reduced the C8 0-60 times almost a full second from the C7 with only 30 more HP by going to a DC trans. And the C8 weighs more. Its not all about HP.