Sponsored

2019 PP2 MT82 to charge or not to charge.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
In what aspect is it a "much better car"? Sure the autos will always be faster in a straight line, and if you have to DD it in rush hour traffic the auto is better. From a driving enjoyment perspective, from an engagement and involvement perspective a manual will always be King. Of course anyone who can't properly drive a manual will tell you otherwise. You may find that the OEM clutch will need to be upgraded to handle all of the torque from the Whipple.
Properly drive a manual. Push in clutch. Shift gear. Let out clutch. You manual guys make it sound wayyyyyy more difficult than it is.

OP If your digging your car now. You’ll love it twice as much on boost.
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Properly drive a manual. Push in clutch. Shift gear. Let out clutch. You manual guys make it sound wayyyyyy more difficult than it is.

OP If your digging your car now. You’ll love it twice as much on boost.
Shifting a manual transmission, and driving one to it's full potential are far different things. The amount of unlimited analog input you have between the amount of clutch being engaged and throttle, And that you can be in any gear whenever you want for however long you want, makes for a combination that is far more complicated and rewarding than driving any automatic.

Again, I know the autos are faster in the straight line on a prep surface. That's great if you're into drag racing. Anybody can drive an automatic fast, It does actually take skill and knowledge and experience to drive a manual fast.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have had a Whipple Gen 5 Stage 1 on my 2019 PP2 car since day one and now have almost 10,000 miles on it. It has been a great car and I have done two track days with the car. I have no issues with the transmission and can shift at redline. I also installed the Ford Performance Short Throw shifter the day after I got the car.
Responding to this old thread since I just ordered the Whipple Stage 1 for my PP2. Did you get the Whipple tune and replace the OP gears?

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Responding to this old thread since I just ordered the Whipple Stage 1 for my PP2. Did you get the Whipple tune and replace the OP gears?
Worth doing for sure.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I've only owned manual cars, went from a 1st gen Eclipse GSX to a Cobalt SS/SC to a 370Z ,I picked up a PP2 MT82 in august from Lebanon ford and I love it so far. I was looking at doing a Roush Stage 2 next year. LFP has an 800hp whipple kit but they recommend using an auto for that setup.

For those of you with a boosted manual was it worth it? I may look at trading in a year or two for an automatic car since pretty much everything I've been reading says that the trans with boost is just a much better car.

Can dealers usually work out favorable arrangements trading in that soon?

Thanks in advance!
If you trade it in in a couple years just pull the supercharger off and put it on the new car

Sponsored

Kmp013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4X4 1971 Chevrolet C20
I currently have the Whipple tune and have original OP gears

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have the Whipple tune and have original OP gears
OK, just curious how no OPG has worked for others.
I went with the Stage 1 cause 650whp is my goal and didn't want to have to upgrade internals/clutch/halfshafts/OPG but the shop installing it said if I'm going to road track it, I should do OPG's. I have 4-5 weeks til the Whipple comes in to decide so if your still doing track days and have any other input I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Kmp013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4X4 1971 Chevrolet C20
OK, just curious how no OPG has worked for others.
I went with the Stage 1 cause 650whp is my goal and didn't want to have to upgrade internals/clutch/halfshafts/OPG but the shop installing it said if I'm going to road track it, I should do OPG's. I have 4-5 weeks til the Whipple comes in to decide so if your still doing track days and have any other input I'd love to hear it. Thanks.
I have 20k miles and 5 track days on my car.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Keeping it from banging off the limiter or a 2-step and the stock OPG's will live. If you need to pull the front cover off for some reason like changing cams, do OPG's while you're in there.

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
You asked about trading your car. It doesn't matter all that much how new a car is, what matters is mileage, condition and Manheim auto auction results. Also a clean Carfax and Autocheck . The key thing to do is get more than 1 quote like Carmax and Carvana. In Florida if you trade in a car you only pay sales tax on the difference, that's a big deal and gives the dealer an advantage.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Keeping it from banging off the limiter or a 2-step and the stock OPG's will live. If you need to pull the front cover off for some reason like changing cams, do OPG's while you're in there.
Understood and agreed on all points. Thanks.
Sponsored