Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
If the dealer knows for sure they are getting more allocations they should place the order. I am told once the allocation is confirmed it will get picked up by Ford.
When an "Unscheduled/Material Hold" (no need for an allocation) order is looked at for possible production, it is reviewed and if the is the order is not disqualified (lack of allocation among other things), it's status is changed "Unscheduled/Clean". This signifies the order is ready for production, next step is In Order Processing/Scheduled to Week, VIN assigned, and eventually it will have it's status changed to "In Production/Sent to Plant", window sticker available at this time, when it is pulled for production.

The problem is, you, the customer has no idea and no way to verify if your dealer is telling the truth about an allocation. You won't find out until you receive a VIN or the your order dies with the end of the model year.

Look at the list in post #1 and compare the order date to the first build week for an idea as to how long the members had to wait for verification (VIN) that the dealer had an allocation and had it assigned to their order. Not a fun time.
Sponsored

DonMTV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra, 1988 Mustang GT
Why do you think Ford is handling this introduction of the Ford GT500 this way? Is this typical process for all their ordered cars or just the marquee cars? Seems like a fiasco.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Hey Earl, thanks for that reminder, unscheduled/material hold could be the dealer sent the order in and didnt actually have enough allocations to cover.
My dealer said he got my allocation from another dealer because of a deal on some other cars but now i am really concerned that Stangmode got his ONLY actual allocation and he is just hoping to get a 2nd or 3rd.
But I am going to take KBs advice and be positive bc at this point theres nothing I can do.

Sparko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT 500 convertible
My dealer just called me..the car I ordered in early July...the dealers first allocation, base model will not be made before March. This is according to the dealers Ford rep. At least it saves me storage charges over the winter. The rep told the dealer it was due to a materials hold...

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
To make sure I understand the allocation process - Unscheduled/Material Hold is prior to receiving a VIN? So if my dealer says he submitted the order to Ford and gives me the order number/dealer code, when should FP be able to see that order? Because as of Wednesday, they canā€™t see it. They took 5% down so Iā€™m trying to see if itā€™s worth holding on and believing them or just giving up on them and getting my deposit back. They have great reviews so I want to trust them...

Why do you think Ford is handling this introduction of the Ford GT500 this way? Is this typical process for all their ordered cars or just the marquee cars? Seems like a fiasco.
Ive ordered cars through Ford in the past and honestly I find their whole order process to be terrible. Iā€™ve had issues every single time between them and dealer. Priority codes meaning nothing. Dealers not helping at all. My Mustang order was five months for a GT order in late spring.

Sponsored

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
So a DORA doesn't guarantee a car? Dealer has my deposit.
I see cars ordered after mine (8/29) have a VIN.

So, an unscheduled/material hold can die with the model year?

Brain surgery is more intuitive than this cluster f.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
My dealer just called me..the car I ordered in early July...the dealers first allocation, base model will not be made before March. This is according to the dealers Ford rep. At least it saves me storage charges over the winter. The rep told the dealer it was due to a materials hold...
Your dealer is blowing smoke, all cars are on material/hold until they are not. Material hold means the plant is not ready to receive an order because the don't have the parts or capacity to build it. Base model are suppose to continue to be produced through the Winter, or until the weather prevents it. Another thing to take into consideration is the number of VINs (over a 1000) already issued that have not gone into production. Having said that, your car probably won't be made until May or later.

One thing I worry about is the closing of the Romeo Engine Plant, this is the only plant that builds the engines for the GT500 & GT350. It will be interesting to see what impact this will have on Shelby production. I hope the experienced teams that build these engines are able to transfer to the new plant and not take the buyout.

Sparko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT 500 convertible
Your dealer is blowing smoke, all cars are on material/hold until they are not. Material hold means the plant is not ready to receive an order because the don't have the parts or capacity to build it. Base model are suppose to continue to be produced through the Winter, or until the weather prevents it. Another thing to take into consideration is the number of VINs (over a 1000) already issued that have not gone into production. Having said that, your car probably won't be made until May or later.

One thing I worry about is the closing of the Romeo Engine Plant, this is the only plant that builds the engines for the GT500 & GT350. It will be interesting to see what impact this will have on Shelby production. I hope the experienced teams that build these engines are able to transfer to the new plant and not take the buyout.
Thanks Snoop...I think I will have a little talk with my dealer

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
So a DORA doesn't guarantee a car? Dealer has my deposit.
I see cars ordered after mine (8/29) have a VIN.

So, an unscheduled/material hold can die with the model year?

Brain surgery is more intuitive than this cluster f.
A DORA just confirms the order was received by Ford, it doesn't guarantee that it will be produced..

Only a VIN and you driving away after paying, guarantee you the car.

There is a car, VIN 1300, in the body shop that was ordered 10/11/2019.

Last edited:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Snoop: As of today, my order (VIN 0195) is still holding at ā€œScheduled to week of 2 Decā€.
For otherā€™s info: Itā€™s a Base, TO, w/Handling Pkg & Recaros (Delayed many times from original 24 Sep build date).

Sponsored

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
A DORA just confirms the order was received by Ford, it doesn't guarantee that it will be produced..

Only a VIN and you driving away after paying, guarantee you the car.

Their is a car, VIN 1300, in the body shop that was ordered 10/11/2019.
It is what it is. If It comes, great. If It doesnā€™t, life goes on and I am 80k to the plus.
Itā€™s a win-win....

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
It is what it is. If It comes, great. If It doesnā€™t, life goes on and I am 80k to the plus.
Itā€™s a win-win....
I think you will be fine. There are some examples of people getting screwed over ordering Shelby's but the process as frustrating as it is works out for the majority of us. I wish you good luck. I too am having to wait until the spring to receive mine. This is the 3rd Shelby GT 500 I have ordered. The first one a "Golden Ticket" GT500 was swiped out from under me by either the owner or a VIP. The second one was a base model that I cancelled because the 3rd one I found was another "Golden Ticket' I switched to. The Base model I cancelled will run down the assembly line next week while I am still sitting Unscheduled Clean on the second "Golden Ticket" I found. What a gamble and roller coaster ride.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Itā€™s a win-win....
Yep that is where i need to get my head too. If the car isnt in my garage by May I need to move on from the dream and get plan B into play. I dont see the point in a 12 month wait for anything.
Its like waiting for an elephant baby.

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
melange_x3 thanks much for the info and encouragement.

I think all of us on the Unscheduled list need a bit of luck.

I canā€™t imagine buying anything else like this. You give a deposit and then you donā€™t know when or if you get the product and nobody can tell you.
What a business model