Sponsored

[Updated]: 11.0@128 so far for GT500 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Racing Gods were against me. But I also know not every day is gonna be your best day of racing. I am however more excited than ever to get MY car in my hands
Been there in your position and nothing to be disappointed about and as you know I suggested over the last couple of days that this may happen and unfortunately it did.

Just too many elements against you such as cold temperatures which equates to cold track, cold tires, additional torque/HP equating to poor launches, an elevation of probably over 2000' and a HP vehicle that is totally new to you.

I remember having Sean Hyland build me a 2001 Mustang GT back in the day which had well over 500 HP and shortly after taking delivery of my new car I took it to a drag strip in South Carolina and was completely devastated with my results.

Looking back the weather conditions for me back in the Fall of 2001 in S.C. were very much similar to what you just recently experienced in LV and suggest that you did not come close to realizing the performance potential of the new GT500 based on some of the above factors but know that you will work all that out in due course.

:sunglasses:
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Sprinkles are for winners champ

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Agree for now Tomster, I will not mention a 3rd pedal ever again after this post in a GT 500 thread until my GT 500 is sitting in my garage and I can actually say, " I miss the 3rd pedal". Unless FORD delivers to the 3 members of this forum who do prefer a manual option!:fingerscrossed:
I have accepted that the new GT500 comes with only two peddles but after having owned previous M cars with a DCT and having driven PDK equipped automobiles I always came away feeling a lot less engaged during my driving experiences with this transmission setup.

With that being the case it will not take me very long to fully appreciate/understand as to being fully on board with the DCT transmission in the GT500 or whether I will move back to a 3 peddle car on the long term?

I hope that my appreciation for this transmission and ultimately my driving experience is much better than what I have experienced so far!

:)

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
It sounds to me like a very regimented and inflexible program. Most that attended would qualify in the amateur hour category. For the rest, who do this a lot, should have had some flexibility to control the parameters to put the best face on this rollout. If the talent comes back with mediocre results (due to mismanagement) then this rollout is a fail. I hope that this event is a success and exceeds expectations. Tomorrow is a big day and I really hope that qualified people have outstanding results.

8 1/2 hours will settle any concerns. Tick tock
It was a success. Sure there could’ve been some flex on certain things, but I get it.

Maybe next year they will allow more for the dates they have planned since the car will be out for a while.

Attendees got enough over the last couple days to get a food flavor for what the car can do. Combine that experience with the more detailed experiences of the bigger channels/magazines and you’ll have a good mix of info.

The car performed absolutely...oh wait it’s not 6AM yet.

Ha

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Sprinkles are for winners champ

I surely wasnt one today..
Unless you count beating GT500s that arent mine

It was a success. Sure there could’ve been some flex on certain things, but I get it.

Maybe next year they will allow more for the dates they have planned since the car will be out for a while.

Attendees got enough over the last couple days to get a food flavor for what the car can do. Combine that experience with the more detailed experiences of the bigger channels/magazines and you’ll have a good mix of info.

The car performed absolutely...oh wait it’s not 6AM yet.

Ha
The cats were exceptional.

Additionally, 70-80% of my group were competitors customers , and theybwere blown away with the car.
In fact, i think i may have been the only 1 there with an order in.
The rest of the gents, and ladies, were other shelby owners, but i think the drive sold a few more cars

Reactions: _M_

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Not that great! As always, all hype! A long wait and maybe we are better modding a GT and saving some money!
This is the first high performance mustang ever, where I’ve gone wow what happened. I’ll get a lot of hate for this but this car isn’t fast or unique enough to warrant its price tag IMO
So my n/a '18 GT is actually quicker with about 4 mph less speed carried thru the traps? And I'm that fast for 1/2 the cost? Base GT with bolt on's for the win, win, win! Ford can keep that stupid rotary knob that acts like a proper shifter too...and don't get me started on how much visual rice appeal this car has, its a Forza playin' millenials wet dream of a car...to a 50 year old guy, not so much (especially at the prices I've been hearing).
Hi guys, ya heard yet?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well it's past 6am, haven't seen anyone post the official numbers yet. They're 10.7 for official 1/4, 10.6 for 0-100-0 and 3.3 sec 0-60. Here's my full video for anyone that's interested:

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Best MPH in the 1/4?

Hahaha, great video, always love your honest reactions. :D
I don't think Ford listed a trap speed for the official time, but even with my crappy 11.44 time I was trapping right at 130.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Looks like the best time of the day was a 10.85 @ 132 mph.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Well it's past 6am, haven't seen anyone post the official numbers yet. They're 10.7 for official 1/4, 10.6 for 0-100-0 and 3.3 sec 0-60. Here's my full video for anyone that's interested:
First time watching your videos and I like your content on the 500. It really solidifies that i will an hour or 2 training on all the controls and electronics.