Sponsored

[Updated]: 11.0@128 so far for GT500 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
That DCT is very un-DCT-like based on the shift speeds via the sound... I'm actually pretty surprised. Much more 6R80 than PDK. Maybe that angle/video isn't doing it justice. Looking forward to tomorrow.
From what I have read they actually slowed down the shifts in drag mode. Seems counter intuitive, but they say it is faster for drag racing.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
From what I have read they actually slowed down the shifts in drag mode. Seems counter intuitive, but they say it is faster for drag racing.
That is weird. Seems weird. Maybe someone can explain it.
Why have a DRAG mode at all then if you slow down the shift points? lol

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Unless it's tire limited, doesn't make sense to slow them down.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Unless it's tire limited, doesn't make sense to slow them down.
Of course it's tire limited, but does this mean manual is faster:question: Ford, please give me a manual gt500 to settle this!:like:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Of course it's tire limited, but does this mean manual is faster:question: Ford, please give me a manual gt500 to settle this!:like:
Oh quit it with your third pedal crap.... jeez, get off it.

Sponsored

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs

To limit wheelspin if it happens, Drag race 101

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
For everyone that is saying people should’ve done this and done that etc, you have to understand this was a very controlled environment. At least the last two days.

I believe the larger media outlets that went first had more flexibility earlier in the tour. There were things that changed after a couple days when the big outlets left.

For instance at the strip, you had zero opportunity to play with any of the settings. The cars were running the whole time so the setting didn’t reset. It was a couple runs, get out, next person gets in and goes again. You had to use LC. You had to do this and that etc. no flex.

Here’s the cool thing. Tomorrow we get to hear everyone’s opinions and we’re lucky enough to have a few people here that can chime in as well.
It sounds to me like a very regimented and inflexible program. Most that attended would qualify in the amateur hour category. For the rest, who do this a lot, should have had some flexibility to control the parameters to put the best face on this rollout. If the talent comes back with mediocre results (due to mismanagement) then this rollout is a fail. I hope that this event is a success and exceeds expectations. Tomorrow is a big day and I really hope that qualified people have outstanding results.

8 1/2 hours will settle any concerns. Tick tock

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Who is going to start the new thread for fastest lap time and video from the weekend??

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh quit it with your third pedal crap.... jeez, get off it.
All this time Tomster, I thought you were just ignoring me! To tell the truth, the 3rd pedal is the only complaint I have left with the new GT 500! Ford did a great job putting down the #'s regardless of the wieght and the looks have really grown on me! I'll make sure to get a custom plate that resembles troll, poors and eating crow! Any suggestions welcomed! Actually I might have to do a poll once the time comes. Anyway, I'm looking forward to some good #'s tomorrow!

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
All this time Tomster, I thought you were just ignoring me! To tell the truth, the 3rd pedal is the only complaint I have left with the new GT 500! Ford did a great job putting down the #'s regardless of the wieght and the looks have really grown on me! I'll make sure to get a custom plate that resembles troll, poors and eating crow! Any suggestions welcomed! Actually I might have to do a poll once the time comes. Anyway, I'm looking forward to some good #'s tomorrow!
The third pedal conversation has no place in the 500 section. DCT is a done deal and there is nothing you are going to do to change that.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
That DCT is very un-DCT-like based on the shift speeds via the sound... I'm actually pretty surprised. Much more 6R80 than PDK. Maybe that angle/video isn't doing it justice. Looking forward to tomorrow.
Not at all. Again, cant say anything myself. but Billy J is not lying

they optimized acceleration, be it faster or in this case slower shifts

I can explain, in part, more in depth tomorrow. Thats if evan and stangmde dont cover it all. I expect them to have much more info than me. but i got some

It sounds to me like a very regimented and inflexible program. Most that attended would qualify in the amateur hour category. For the rest, who do this a lot, should have had some flexibility to control the parameters to put the best face on this rollout. If the talent comes back with mediocre results (due to mismanagement) then this rollout is a fail. I hope that this event is a success and exceeds expectations. Tomorrow is a big day and I really hope that qualified people have outstanding results.

8 1/2 hours will settle any concerns. Tick tock
Very regimented. However, I had a blast, met some really awesome people, and would certainly do it again.

Who is going to start the new thread for fastest lap time and video from the weekend??
Sure aint gonna be me!! #FAIL

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The third pedal conversation has no place in the 500 section. DCT is a done deal and there is nothing you are going to do to change that.
Agree for now Tomster, I will not mention a 3rd pedal ever again after this post in a GT 500 thread until my GT 500 is sitting in my garage and I can actually say, " I miss the 3rd pedal". Unless FORD delivers to the 3 members of this forum who do prefer a manual option!:fingerscrossed:

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Damn Voodoo, I thought you were gonna show them boys how to do it. But get your car back on a nice east coast track and im sure you will be in the 10s!

Glad you had fun and it was worth the trip.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Agree for now Tomster, I will not mention a 3rd pedal ever again after this post in a GT 500 thread until my GT 500 is sitting in my garage and I can actually say, " I miss the 3rd pedal". Unless FORD delivers to the 3 members of this forum who do prefer a manual option!:fingerscrossed:
I have 3rd pedal cars. They are great. What do they have to with the GT500?

# stop your insignificant distractions.
Sponsored