Sponsored

Mustang GT vs Kia Stinger GT

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Take note I pointed out what people were paying and not any other irrelevant figures. However you look at it, 99% of all cars lose a great deal of value when used.

The stark reality is that KIA is offering an incredible high performance sports sedan, at an incredible price, with an incredible warranty, that has received incredibly positive reviews. It literally has no competition, and time will tell if badge lovers will realize these facts and make the change.
We get it, you are a Kia guy now. Hopefully it gives you many years of fun and trouble free miles.

My point was that MORE people are willing to pay new for other brands without the name Kia/Hyundai. It is less so now than 10 years ago but still there.
Sponsored

17 Fusion Sport 2.7TT AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
We get it, you are a Kia guy now.
Sorry, but I don't think you really do.

Hopefully it gives you many years of fun and trouble free miles. My point was that MORE people are willing to pay new for other brands without the name Kia/Hyundai. It is less so now than 10 years ago but still there.
Thanks. KIA provides a 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty if anything does go wrong. But my contention is that more people are willing to pay tens of thousands more for other brands based on badge alone. It took Audi decades before people accepted their sedans, given Stinger's incredible performance, I don't think it will take them nearly that long.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
"The beginning of my career was at Audi ... it took three generations of the A8 to be seen on eye level to a BMW 7 Series or Mercedes S-Class. You have to persevere."
- Gregory Guillaume, VP/Senior Chief Designer, Kia Styling Studio
Newsflash!!! I doubt 8 people on here really care about a Hyundai whatever.....

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I'm one of those 8 cool kids.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Hyundai brotherhood.

Ooops, I meant Kia - I know.. they are totally different.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Kia Stinger is a great car but it isn't in competition against the Mustang. It targets BMW 3\4 series and the Audi A4\S4 buyers. It has done well against them in head to heads. As as the fusion I love that car. I had a Titanium as a rental and I thought it was a great sedan. I liked it more that my Audi A5.

17 Fusion Sport 2.7TT AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
True. I don't know how the Stinger GT got all caught up in this "vs. Mustang" thing. Seems one or two rogue reviewers did a comparo, and voilĂ , they're competitors! lol

For in-depth reviews, I skip the juvenile antics of many and go directly to C&D, MT, R&T and MW.

They generally agree the Stinger GT is a great Grand Touring sedan, but doesn't cut into M3/Audi S series cars for true sports sedan handling. But those cars easily cost 15k more than my Stinger GT, so I'm alright with that.
oglvvd.gif

(still miss the growl of my V8 powered Stangs, but heh, you can't have everything!)

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
History will prove whether or not this KIA will have the recognition of the Mustang.
I think in a few short years it will be another forgotten blip in automotive history with a resale value to match.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
If the Stinger gets the new 3.5 TTV6 on the horizon, it will be even more formidable.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
History will prove whether or not this KIA will have the recognition of the Mustang.
I think in a few short years it will be another forgotten blip in automotive history with a resale value to match.
Hopefully Kia keeps making them for many years and they get more and more of a positive reputation over time. The world needs more sports cars in my opinion.

fast88fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT Premium PP
I am now the owner of a 2019 Stinger Gt1 AWD as my daily and I have to say it is worlds better than my 2016 Mustang GT for everyday driving. I personally feel that from a dig I could wipe my Mustang but over any kind of distance or a roll race or curvy road and the Mustang would destroy the Kia. The Kia rides great and has one of the better factory stereos I have ever heard. I really like the tech compared to my Mustang but again this car is a few years newer and a 2020 Mustang with the digital dash would be close to it tech wise. As much as I love this car....it still doesn't bring out the feeling in my soul when I drive it like when I drive the mustang. There is nothing like rolling down the windows and letting the V8 roar.
Sponsored