Sponsored

2015 Ecoboost PP - Continental DSW06 worn out, what's next?

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
Hey guys,
Based on y'all suggestions I changed my stock tires to Continental DSW06 3 years ago and loved them to the core. After about 40k miles on them, the inner side walls are worn out and time to change the tires. The car is NOT going to be daily driver anymore (have hit 65k miles now) and only used occasionally.
Should I still go with DSW06 or are there any other brands that's become hot these days? Infact less expensive options would be better since I will not be driving this car that often. Please advice.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Hey guys,
Based on y'all suggestions I changed my stock tires to Continental DSW06 3 years ago and loved them to the core. After about 40k miles on them, the inner side walls are worn out and time to change the tires. The car is NOT going to be daily driver anymore (have hit 65k miles now) and only used occasionally.
Should I still go with DSW06 or are there any other brands that's become hot these days? Infact less expensive options would be better since I will not be driving this car that often. Please advice.
All season? Michelin PS A/S3+?

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
A cheaper option would be the General AS-05, which has been getting good reviews (but not as good as the Michelin). Looks like in 255/40/19, they are about $180 per tire (vs. $240 for the Michelin).

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The Michelins for me seemed as grippy as the Indy 500s summer tire I had in the same size. I'm sure they're not being an A/S tire, but I think its worth noting. Usually you get what you pay for in my experience.

Sponsored

OP
OP
hemanmech

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
A cheaper option would be the General AS-05, which has been getting good reviews (but not as good as the Michelin). Looks like in 255/40/19, they are about $180 per tire (vs. $240 for the Michelin).
thank you, will look into general as05

OP
OP
hemanmech

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
A lot of good choices if your moving down price wise from your Conti’s. That said I would never skimp on tires regardless of mileage. Your life depends on them. Just MHO. :like:
A8B8A102-6500-4E6B-BE47-EE6ED0892BF0.png

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
i have the general as-05 and i love them been great in the rain and dry, car is a daily and not loud or bad ride out of them at all id buy them again

Sponsored
OP
OP
hemanmech

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
A lot of good choices if your moving down price wise from your Conti’s. That said I would never skimp on tires regardless of mileage. Your life depends on them. Just MHO. :like:
A8B8A102-6500-4E6B-BE47-EE6ED0892BF0.png
Thank you. Appreciate your inputs.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I hate to say it but I think the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 is better than that list suggests. I had a set of coopers on the back and the Contis in the front and the car handled very well. I think the Coopers are slightly better at snow and the Contis slightly better in rain but I saw no real difference in the dry. Maybe a slight edge to the Conti dry but ever so slight. I did this because I only needed 2 tires, wanted to try the Contis after loving the Coopers and had a great price on them. Either tire I would buy again. Of course the car I did this to was traded in for the GT PP2 and was not near the same caliber. Then again, they both made me feel safe. Even after swapping front and back, nothing really changed for me.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hey guys,
Stay with DWS06 then - essentially every tire mentioned above except Michelin is inferior, so why would you buy them ? Look at the alignment if you have worn out the shoulder.

I currently have DWS06 on as my "winter" set and always forget how good they are until I put them back on.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Stay with DWS06 then - essentially every tire mentioned above except Michelin is inferior, so why would you buy them ? Look at the alignment if you have worn out the shoulder.

I currently have DWS06 on as my "winter" set and always forget how good they are until I put them back on.
Just curious...are you basing your "inferior" statement on the TireRack ratings?

FWIW - tire ratings by consumers are so wildly all over the map it's ridiculous. I know people who stand by a certain brand, even though depending on the tire line of that manufacturer, they can be made in multiple factories, in different countries, sometimes on the same line as an "inferior" brand.

Fact is that when it comes to cars like the Mustang - the odds are greatly in favor of the driver reaching the end of his / her ability before reaching the max ability of the tire / suspension.
Sponsored