Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I can't decide if I should be excited or vomit all over my desk. Leaning towards the vomit.
Why? We love the design of our Mustangā€™s so why shouldnā€™t they inspire other cars. So long as there are no ponies on it, Iā€™m fine. Will definitely go look at it when it hits the showroom floor.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Why? We love the design of our Mustangā€™s so why shouldnā€™t they inspire other cars. So long as there are no ponies on it, Iā€™m fine. Will definitely go look at it when it hits the showroom floor.
I have my doubts about things, plus I am kind of old school. It would be the same feeling I would have if I saw a Corvette inspired SUV.

Just not sure I like the idea of the Mustang which is associated with sportier performance and a sports car associated with an SUV unless it does have true power. If it just influenced by design I would have to see what it will look like. It's the same way I feel about the Edge ST.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
all-electric SUV everything that is wrong with the Automakers world at one place :( And it's using our beloved Mustang as a inspiration seriously :? WTF Ford :(

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Don't fret about it.

Ford, from a business stand-point, is killing off all it's cars (except for the Mustang) and going with a truck/SUV line-up.

It makes perfect sense to have a new SUV that steals some design elements from the Mustang, since it's a very popular vehicle with a very popular look/style.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
You'll need to calm down, the Mustang started as a Falcon.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
It's the beginning of the end. 2.78 percent manuals sold in us last yes that's it. And "sports" car are on way out in general. The good olde USA loves boring, black, white, grey SUVs. Wont be long that "sports" cars are gonna be a specialty car that only super rich can afford. Hell My top of the line cobra in 1998 cost 27k now they are gonna be over 100k for the gt500 ( I know msrp blah blah but good luck getting one under 100k). Hell the HOUSEHOLD Median income in the usa was 61k last year. Only the top 8% of earners are gonna be able to afford a "sports car" Its the beginning of the end. Soon all SUVs are gonna be sports car inspired in order to sell them. IM waiting for the fiero inspired SUV LOL

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
My wife has owned 2 Mustangs in the past. Due to health reasons, she had to change to SUVs for their ease of entry and exit. I am cautiously excited to see this new vehicle. Hopefully it will put out Tesla Model X numbers. A vehicle that is "Mustang inspired" better not struggle to keep up with the Prius.

As far as the pony.... Not too concerned either way. I am just glad they scrapped the "Mach 1" name for it.

Bullitt17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm actually excited to see this from a looks standpoint. Not sure about the all electric aspect though. I would love to see this SUV with a V8 in it so it would be more of a budget friendly competitor to the Lamborghini Urus.
Sponsored