Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys!

Haven't seen anyone post anything like this here before, and I'm sure some of you guys probably already know about this. So exhaust valves would't become unavailable on my car. So I reset the ECU and then..... something interesting happened. Exhaust valves worked again, but also my car sounded different. I have stock exhaust with a custom x pipe on and after the reset the exhaust sounded deeper and not as raspy. I also noticed that the motor felt smoother and stronger. Another major thing I noticed was when shifting gears, before it would kind of hang and if you didn't shift it perfect it would kind of the jolt. Now the shifts are smoother because the RPMs don't die down as fast.

I used to do this with my other cars. I would reset the ECU every time I washed the car, but I had completely forgotten about it until now.

Hope someone finds this useful!
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The car relearning the calibration and your driving habits.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
The car relearning the calibration and your driving habits.
It did a horrible job learning it from the beginning. It drives a lot better with no memory.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Unhooking both battery terminals over night does wonders too. Clears all the learning protocols. ;).
Sponsored