Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Not sure if this was posted already,.........but this car makes some serious power/torque on both 93 and with some octane boost.
Very impressive. No word of car running too hot either.

Even on the Roush tune, the power drop from the first pull to the 3rd pull was not terrible. It appeared that with the custom tune and octane boost, heat was not an issue at all.

How indicative of dragstrip performance are dyno pulls with the hood up in a controlled environment?

It would be awesome if Roush's upcoming tune revision performs close to how this PBD tune performs.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Even on the Roush tune, the power drop from the first pull to the 3rd pull was not terrible. It appeared that with the custom tune and octane boost, heat was not an issue at all.

How indicative of dragstrip performance are dyno pulls with the hood up in a controlled environment?

It would be awesome if Roush's upcoming tune revision performs close to how this PBD tune performs.
On the Roush tune it lost 30RW on the next pull, that’s bad...Their tuning (PBD) Obviously doesn’t allow that as the they must allow for higher IAT’s before pulling timing but they ran boostane.

What would u see if they didn’t run boostane?

They have another video with a guy running a Roush kit hard and they talk about how bad the heat soak is, they pulled the kit off the guys car and switched to an Edelbrock and the car ran 6 tenths faster.

Again that was a max effort setup so it’s not a apples to apples comparison, but if I’m custom tuning I’d go EB or Whipple and Lund

I want a warranty setup, i’m Waiting to see the new cal for the Roush.

Hoping they find something but from what others in this post have said and tested on their cars, the big problem is the intercooler

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately this kit’s performance on the street is damn good. you have to watch much more closely how much throttle you use or it can get away from you quickly, speed wise. I pulled away from a red light too quickly and I got a sight ticket. Cop pulled me over based solely upon his ability to judge that I was going faster than the 55 mph speed limit. Cop didn’t notice any heat soak.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
In the video, it was the 3rd pull that it lost 30 HP. The 2nd pull didn't record. Even with the loss, it was still over 600. Based on 420's strip times, he is losing 200 HP just by driving to the track.

Ryan@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROUSH
Vehicle(s)
2018 ROUSH Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Roush sent me some info, turns out anyone with a Phase 1 kit will get the Phase 2 upgrade for free, dont know what this entails but heres the email they sent me

[email protected]
Tue 10/15/2019 8:38 AM

• You

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting ROUSH Performance.

As of now we will not be providing a phase 2 supercharger. We are currently developing an upgrade to the phase 1 to increase it's power. This will be a free calibration to customers who already have the phase 1 installed.

Thank you,

Roger Cole
Customer Support Agent
ROUSH Performance & SLP Performance
800.59.ROUSH

Hello, Team ROUSH,

We appreciate the continued interest in the ROUSH Phase 2 Supercharger upgrade. We just wanted to take a minute to clear up a few things from the above email that was sent to the original poster.

• The upgraded Phase 1 calibration and Low Temperature Radiator kit upgrades will not be free.

• If a customer is having an issue with their vehicle pertaining to the supercharger or cooling, they should contact the ROUSH Performance Warranty Team to open a case. These claims will be reviewed by the warranty team on the same case-by-case basis that all ROUSH Performance warranty claims are vetted through. The warranty team can be contacted by phone at 800.59.ROUSH or by email at [email protected]

• We will be announcing pricing and horsepower numbers for retail upgrade kits in mid-November. The upgrade kits will include:
    • Upgraded Phase 1 calibration and LTR
    • Phase 1 to Phase 2 upgrade kit
    • Complete Phase 2 supercharger kit

• Once the upgrade kits are available for retail, customers will be able to contact our Inside Sales team or Customer Service team to order these upgrades directly from us at ROUSH Performance, or through one of our authorized distributors.

• If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service team at 800.59.ROUSH or by email at [email protected]

We apologize for any confusion, and appreciate your continued support. Thank you for being a part of Team ROUSH!

Thank you,

Ryan

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Looks like Roger gave me incorrect info, it happens but what’s confusing is if guys have the older LTR and tune. Why make them pay for that, a few of you already got it for free?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info, Ryan. Many of us like Roush kits but they have gotten some criticism for severe power loss in hotter climates. Has the Roush team addressed those concerns with the complete phase 2 kit? Is the LTR futher upgraded from what some people already obtained?

Your comments here would be appreciated and helpful in alleviating rumor and conjecture.

shravanj

Threads
Reaction score
Website
shravanj.com
First Name
Shravan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can see why they are charging for the new radiator, but will the next calibration update be paid as well? Or is it only available if you purchase the new radiator? So far the calibration updates alone have been provided free of charge.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I am not clear if the upgraded LTR Ryan is talking about is the same one that others have already gotten or if it is a brand new unit that is further improved.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I can see why they are charging for the new radiator, but will the next calibration update be paid as well? Or is it only available if you purchase the new radiator? So far the calibration updates alone have been provided free of charge.
It's probably very similar to the package sold to that member in Austrailia....

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It's probably very similar to the package sold to that member in Austrailia....
Possible but its kinda weird that when I contacted them they said FREE in the email and now it’s gonna cost money

Don’t get me wrong, I understand people make mistakes but if I was a guy with the older LTR and others got it for free and now I’d have to pay I would be a bit mad

But then again it could be a much better LTR and cal for the upcoming Phase 2 which I’d have no problem paying for if it help my IAT’s

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am not clear if the upgraded LTR Ryan is talking about is the same one that others have already gotten or if it is a brand new unit that is further improved.
I’m hoping it’s totally new, larger and maybe even similar to VMP’s

Ryan@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROUSH
Vehicle(s)
2018 ROUSH Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The P1 - P2 upgrade cal will not be free. However, improvement updates to the existing P1 calibration will continue to be free to those who are running our P1 supercharger kit.

Best,
Ryan

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The P1 - P2 upgrade cal will not be free. However, improvement updates to the existing P1 calibration will continue to be free to those who are running our P1 supercharger kit.

Best,
Ryan

No worries, look forward to what you guys have in store for the P2 Kit

Will P2 still carry the 3yr/36k warranty and be smog legal

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Now I get it....The P2 cal is not compatible with the P1 kit so you must buy the P2 upgrade kit to run the P2 cal. If you stay P1, cal updates will continue to be free. That makes sense.