Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
Would a bulged extractor style hood like the G6 ZL1 Camaro help IAT’s? It seems like a ton of heat gets trapped right on top of the supercharger.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Would a bulged extractor style hood like the G6 ZL1 Camaro help IAT’s? It seems like a ton of heat gets trapped right on top of the supercharger.
All these things help but the biggest issue is the 18+ intercooler block is too small, u can’t fix that

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
20-50hp dry shot of nitrous
I've thought about this. May be the route I go.

When you run nitrous do you have to have a specific tune loaded just for the run? IE, one tune for when you aren't spraying then load up another to spray?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

When you run nitrous do you have to have a specific tune loaded just for the run? IE, one tune for when you aren't spraying then load up another to spray?
guy on Facebook posted his slip with a tune at 10.6. That’s where you would start.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
All these things help but the biggest issue is the 18+ intercooler block is too small, u can’t fix that
I've made some improvements with the VMP HE and the Pierburg pump. Next spring I'll do the phenolic spacers to complete my mods to the IC.
That should be enough to keep my IAT2 temps down.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've made some improvements with the VMP HE and the Pierburg pump. Next spring I'll do the phenolic spacers to complete my mods to the IC.
That should be enough to keep my IAT2 temps down.
But the question is, after paying 6500+ for a kit should u have to do this?

Answer, IMHO NO

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.

Answer, IMHO NO
I bought my kit before any other stage 1 kits were available. Many others have also. If I had to make a choice today, it would be quite difficult. Every kit out there seems to have difficulties.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I bought my kit before any other stage 1 kits were available. Many others have also. If I had to make a choice today, it would be quite difficult. Every kit out there seems to have difficulties.
You know that’s really the truth, the one thing I will say about the roush is yes it has it faults but u dont see them taking out shortbkocks

Your a pretty smart guy, i’m Sure once u do the last mods your contemplating i’m sure your car will be wicked

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1

i wouldn't think you'd need to with such a small shot.... It might even be cheaper to run a meth kit and not tune for it...

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Answer, IMHO NO
You gotta remember, Roush developed this kit as a daily capable, warrantiable kit. It's not meant for hot lapping at a drag strip or any of these other PD blower kits for that matter. No more than Ford designed the Mustang to be a drag car. If you want to optimize the car for strip duty, you gotta modify it. Same with the engine, the same with any of these bolt on performance kits ( PD blowers, centrifigals, turbo's, nitrous). Unless the car is purpose built, your robbing Peter to pay Paul to get them to both street and strip. Some of these kits make better power, some are easier to modify and upgrade than others. They are all capable of making more power than needed. They all get the buyer what you want. Either a good enough result or a good place to start.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You gotta remember, Roush developed this kit as a daily capable, warrantiable kit. It's not meant for hot lapping at a drag strip or any of these other PD blower kits for that matter. No more than Ford designed the Mustang to be a drag car. If you want to optimize the car for strip duty, you gotta modify it. Same with the engine, the same with any of these bolt on performance kits ( PD blowers, centrifigals, turbo's, nitrous). Unless the car is purpose built, your robbing Peter to pay Paul to get them to both street and strip. Some of these kits make better power, some are easier to modify and upgrade than others. They are all capable of making more power than needed. They all get the buyer what you want. Either a good enough result or a good place to start.
I agree to a point but there’s no reason why u shouldn’t be able to bolt on a set of DR’s, go to the track on a cool day and run bottom 11 to high 10 with this much power

Just seems silly most don’t

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I agree to a point but there’s no reason why u shouldn’t be able to bolt on a set of DR’s, go to the track on a cool day and run bottom 11 to high 10 with this much power

most dont with the EB either though....

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

I totaly agree, my point being, if it's something you wanna tack to a test n tune night or a track rental day and make several runs, steps or mods are going to need to be taken to make that possible.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Not sure if this was posted already,.........but this car makes some serious power/torque on both 93 and with some octane boost.
Very impressive. No word of car running too hot either.