Sponsored

anyone swapped out OEM sync 3 for the "tesla style" screen head unit?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Sorry nevermind this post. I found a whole forum thread on it buried away.

Just curious as I am not a fan of the sync three unit. I was curious about these tesla style screen and if anyone has put one in.
d4d87b2f8968e19f595526abb7b786fc.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Why would you want that in your car ?

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Why would you want that in your car ?
More options and Im an android user. it is android based and has more options then the stock unit as far as media and lets just say more unofficial uses. plus for my personal tastes less buttons. the mustang is full of buttons way to many. But mostly the native use of apps that cant be used on sync and not having to plug my phone in everytime i use the car would be nice to avoid all that android auto crap. But not really wanting it per say just curious if anyones done it and what they think.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I don't need a TV in the car.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It's cheap Chinese crap where you get 0 after-sales help with the product. If it doesn't work, you're screwed. Just look at the reviews on it, I bet they're terrible.

I looked into these sorts of things before just getting a 2019 with SYNC3.

I do feel your pain on the AndroidAuto with SYNC3, it's not very good.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I use it every day and have only one complaint. No in gauge cluster. But other then that it works perfect for me.
"In gauge cluster"???? What's that?

When I'm using WAZE or Google Maps, I can't control the music playing from my phone. I suppose there's a thread that answers questions on such topics somewhere on this site.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"In gauge cluster"???? What's that?

When I'm using WAZE or Google Maps, I can't control the music playing from my phone. I suppose there's a thread that answers questions on such topics somewhere on this site.
What music source are you using?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
What music source are you using?
The music on my phone.

Also, when WAZE gives a direction, it turns the music down, and doesn't turn it back up. So after every direction from WAZE, I have to turn the music back up.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry nevermind this post. I found a whole forum thread on it buried away.

Just curious as I am not a fan of the sync three unit. I was curious about these tesla style screen and if anyone has put one in.
d4d87b2f8968e19f595526abb7b786fc.jpg
OP...is this your car? I am very much a tech guy and wonder about the unit installed (in the pic) and the installation in general involved in doing this.

Edit - I just looked closer and noticed the language, so I assume this must be overseas?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
OP...is this your car? I am very much a tech guy and wonder about the unit installed (in the pic) and the installation in general involved in doing this.

Edit - I just looked closer and noticed the language, so I assume this must be overseas?
No just a stock photo so people would know what Im talking about. There is a comapny that sells nothing but this stuff and they been around for years so they must sell enough of them to do good business. I figure if cheap crap they wouldn't have stayed in business long. Not saying they perfect. Hell there are plenty of people that will say the Mustang is cheap crap LOL. all matter of opinion :)

as for install it looks to be not to bad i watched a few videos. just google or youtube mustang tesla style screen.

this video is the most comprehensive. he does a full stereo install with it so skip to 40 mins to start the review of the screen

Last edited:

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The music on my phone.

Also, when WAZE gives a direction, it turns the music down, and doesn't turn it back up. So after every direction from WAZE, I have to turn the music back up.
Ok, I don't play music stored on the phone. When using Pandora or Amazon Music, the volume change is only temporary when Waze is commenting. To change songs or search for a song I normally use voice to do that. Not sure how that would work with stored music on the phone, but thinking it should work if the songs are tagged.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The music on my phone.

I have the opposite problem. when mine gives a direction it does nto turn the music down and I can't hear the direction.
My other issues are having to plug the damn phone in everytime to use android auto.
The way android auto takes over your phone.
If I need to use my phone after getting in car before moving that phone is already locked to the android auto screen and is a pain in the butt to then get back to where I can use it.
IM not a fan of waze. I know everyone else gets all hard over it but I just don't get the hype. there are such better options if you can get away from the locked system. Waze bty the way is owned by google and why its part of android auto. Google tests stuff on waze to see how it works before adding it to google maps. waze is the test bed and google maps is the refined product.

And other reasons. that this unit would eliminate over useing sync. One I don't have to plug my dang phone in everytime and have a cord in my way and then every time I get out of car I have unplug and blah blah i like to just leave phone in my pocket. I won't have android auto locking my phone out all the time in fact i won't have to use android auto at all since I have the car modem on I can just run stuff native since its full android and not a locked out version by ford. even without the modem i can just hot spot my phone so auto connects when get in car. just make life easier. plus for me get rid of all tose dang buttons. god this car has some buttons. I think there are 19 on just the steering wheel. LOL

jturn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang, 2013 Ford Edge, 2004 Lincoln Navigator, 1958 Chevy Bel-Air
I did. I'm just having an issue with my rear view camera though.
20191018_173034.jpg

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I did. I'm just having an issue with my rear view camera though.
20191018_173034.jpg
other then the camera what do you think? does it do everything the oem did? you like it?
Sponsored