Not open for further replies.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
EB vs. 5.0, who would have thunk it? I'm surprised we have never hashed out this topic <sarcasm font>.

doQFeWa.gif
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Again - as I posted. 2500 RPM - stock Gen 3 puts out more torque than a tuned EB. So what RPM range are you talking about? The EB hits its torque peak quickly - simple physics - and while the curve is a bit flatter, the GEN 3 Coyote still puts out more torque - as it should, with a cubic displacement of twice the EB.
Ignore the BMW troll. Some of the stuff he spews is comical at best. I still like how he has never shifted through the gears 1-2-3-4-5-6 in his entire life, and anyone who does is an idiot. LMFAO!

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Ford authorized conservative tune, on a stock EB engine.
Newsflash - a tune (Ford authorized, conservative or not) is not stock.

Weren't we comparing stock to stock? You said you need to rev to 4500 RPMS with the Gen 3 Coyote. Your words. Need me to quote them? How much torque at 4500 RPM is a tuned EB making compared to a STOCK Gen 3 Coyote? Answer that one please.

Just go to Ford Performance's website bro.... +70ft-lbs of thrust more at 3k. For $775 bucks. Do you understand now? Most performance minded Mustang driver's will opt for the last tick on the options list, a Ford Performance Tune. It is a no-brainer as nobody here car's about the governmen't EPA stuff, when it comes to performance. And the HPP doesn't have a stock engine, but a more robust Ford Performance RS engine, thus even more capable of numbers over the stock Performance Tune.
Bro....70 ft/bs increase at peak is GREAT. Awesome. It's 76 ft/lbs gain actually. That's peak. At 2600 RPM. And it drops from there. So are we talking 2600 RPM or 4500 RPM?

FP EB dyno.JPG

So before 3500 RPM the TUNED EB's torque has dropped below 350 ft/lbs and continues to drop. It's under 300 ft/lbs at 4500 RPM (you know where you have to "coax" the Gen 3 Coyote to get anywhere). You really believe the STOCK GEN 3 makes less than 300 ft/lbs of torque at 4500 RPM? LMAO.

And let's be HONEST. No knock on the EB's at all...most "performance minded Mustang drivers" aren't buying EB cars. Especially an EB car (HPP) that costs as much as a base GT. PERFORMANCE minded...are we now adding in convenience features? You gotta be tired from moving the goal posts so much.

Subsequently, when comparing two different engine's plots and their performance, nobody cares about gas mileage. Thus (again) many who buy Mustangs for their performance, get the real intended performance that comes with the a Ford Mustang, by using a Ford Performance tune...! (In which, your insurance company doesn't charge you higher premiums) (All performance Manufacturers do this.)
MOST who buy the Mustang FOR performance do not choose a 4 cylinder. And those who buy a Mustang for PERFORMANCE don't buy a Ford Performance tune. If that was the case, how would Lund, PBD, etc etc all exist and flourish like they do?

And please understand, that a tuned 2.3hipo can have more (usable) low-end torque than a tuned 5.0. Which is what makes the Mustang HPP great for those who still like to use a manual. But not-so-much a big deal for those who opt for the ever-matching A10. When "coaxing" become moot, since you can not select the exact gear you want, nor use the "bubble" to max effect. And must rely on sequencing.

My argument is about the engines and their power delivery, not transmission.
"usable". I mentioned 10 speed. But I mentioned GEARING (that's in the rear differential) as well. I own a 6 speed GT. Let's start there. WTH does usable mean? Define that term for me. You mention LOW END torque. So you're not talking law breaking speeds. The Gen 3 Coyote makes more torque over a tuned EB by a little over 3000 RPM. You shifting your 6 speed at before 3000 RPM? Sounds like "usable" in your meaning is driver related - not engine related. I'm able to use every bit of the torque my Gen 3 cranks out at low RPM's. If not I wouldn't be driving it everyday would I?

I'm done. You obviously have no real world experience with dyno numbers and what they translate to on the street and track.

You PREFER the EB - WONDERFUL. Buy ONE. Drive it. Enjoy it.

But stop trying to blow smoke up your own ass to think it makes more "usable" low end torque than a GT.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Newsflash - a tune (Ford authorized, conservative or not) is not stock.

Weren't we comparing stock to stock? You said you need to rev to 4500 RPMS with the Gen 3 Coyote. Your words. Need me to quote them? How much torque at 4500 RPM is a tuned EB making compared to a STOCK Gen 3 Coyote? Answer that one please.

Bro....70 ft/bs increase at peak is GREAT. Awesome. It's 76 ft/lbs gain actually. That's peak. At 2600 RPM. And it drops from there. So are we talking 2600 RPM or 4500 RPM?

FP EB dyno.JPG

So before 3500 RPM the TUNED EB's torque has dropped below 350 ft/lbs and continues to drop. It's under 300 ft/lbs at 4500 RPM (you know where you have to "coax" the Gen 3 Coyote to get anywhere). You really believe the STOCK GEN 3 makes less than 300 ft/lbs of torque at 4500 RPM? LMAO.

And let's be HONEST. No knock on the EB's at all...most "performance minded Mustang drivers" aren't buying EB cars. Especially an EB car (HPP) that costs as much as a base GT. PERFORMANCE minded...are we now adding in convenience features? You gotta be tired from moving the goal posts so much.

MOST who buy the Mustang FOR performance do not choose a 4 cylinder. And those who buy a Mustang for PERFORMANCE don't buy a Ford Performance tune. If that was the case, how would Lund, PBD, etc etc all exist and flourish like they do?

"usable". I mentioned 10 speed. But I mentioned GEARING (that's in the rear differential) as well. I own a 6 speed GT. Let's start there. WTH does usable mean? Define that term for me. You mention LOW END torque. So you're not talking law breaking speeds. The Gen 3 Coyote makes more torque over a tuned EB by a little over 3000 RPM. You shifting your 6 speed at before 3000 RPM? Sounds like "usable" in your meaning is driver related - not engine related. I'm able to use every bit of the torque my Gen 3 cranks out at low RPM's. If not I wouldn't be driving it everyday would I?

I'm done. You obviously have no real world experience with dyno numbers and what they translate to on the street and track.

You PREFER the EB - WONDERFUL. Buy ONE. Drive it. Enjoy it.

But stop trying to blow smoke up your own ass to think it makes more "usable" low end torque than a GT.

You are angry that the 2.3 RS hipo can make more torque at a lower range than the Gen3 coyote. Tune for tune...

You seem angered because you do not understand what torque is, and how it is usable across a longer powerband, than what can be delivered in a normally asperated engine. It is the fundamental aspect of forced induction. Your argument is more with not understanding why/how One needs to REV the Coyote engine, to extract HP. While understanding the EB doesn't rely on horsepower, because it's design allows it to have s torque advantage, over a much greater distance through the powerband..! And greater delta before the mechanical cross-over point.

For instance, even if you have a turbo-4 and a v8 with the SAME torque numbers, there mere fact the turbocharged engine has that TQ number throughout is powerband, while the normally aspirated v8 engine only hits that SAME torque number once.. in the powerband. Is illustrative of my point.

Simple stuff.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
You are angry that the 2.3 RS hipo can make more torque at a lower range than the Gen3 coyote. Tune for tune...

You seem angered because you do not understand what torque is, and how it is usable across a longer powerband, than what can be delivered in a normally asperated engine. It is the fundamental aspect of forced induction. Your argument is more with not understanding why/how One needs to REV the Coyote engine, to extract HP. While understanding the EB doesn't rely on horsepower, because it's design allows it to have s torque advantage, over a much greater distance through the powerband..! And greater delta before the mechanical cross-over point.

For instance, even if you have a turbo-4 and a v8 with the SAME torque numbers, there mere fact the turbocharged engine has that TQ number throughout is powerband, while the normally aspirated v8 engine only hits that SAME torque number once.. in the powerband. Is illustrative of my point.

Simple stuff.
Not angry.
And in fact your last post enlightened me.
You have ZERO real world experience with any of this you spout. None.

I've put the torque numbers IN FRONT of you and still you dispute it. I just showed you the DYNO from Ford Performance and show me where the EB has it's TQ number "throughout it's powerband". The EB reaches it's PEAK early. And then it drops. Right there on the chart.

Enjoy your EB Mustang.

Oh that's right.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think we scared him away :) He went to the other side.

upload_2019-10-17_12-55-11.jpeg
To be honest with the deals going on right now I probably would have went with a Redeye myself. Dodge and Chevy are giving cars away right now.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest with the deals going on right now I probably would have went with a Redeye myself. Dodge and Chevy are giving cars away right now.
Don't get me wrong - I love my '19 GT and I got a great deal. But I've said it before - if there had been a '19 Scat Pack 6 speed Challenger in Destroyer Gray without EVERY option known to man within 500 miles of me - I'd probably be driving it now. I will likely wrap my '19 GT something close to that color next year LOL.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Don't get me wrong - I love my '19 GT and I got a great deal. But I've said it before - if there had been a '19 Scat Pack 6 speed Challenger in Destroyer Gray without EVERY option known to man within 500 miles of me - I'd probably be driving it now. I will likely wrap my '19 GT something close to that color next year LOL.
"Destroyer Grey" just sounds bitchin'. And it does look good;
P690Pjs.jpg

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
"Destroyer Grey" just sounds bitchin'. And it does look good;
P690Pjs.jpg
Yep. Every Gray one even near me was loaded to the gills with stuff I didn't want. Wasn't a fan of the upgraded seats either.

There's a widebody Challenger I see now and again around my work - that thing just looks mean.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Destroyer Grey is a great color but, we had a couple of great grays too

Used-2018-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350.jpg

286d1459382290-mustang-gt350-avalanche-gray-photos-img_2615.jpg

Shame they were only for the GT350!
Most grays are terribly boring. I had a grey Focus once.....it was the only car I had no connection to. There have been some recent grays that are beautiful though,

FYI, I had to Google "grey or gray"......

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Destroyer Grey is a great color but, we had a couple of great grays too

Used-2018-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350.jpg

286d1459382290-mustang-gt350-avalanche-gray-photos-img_2615.jpg

Shame they were only for the GT350!