Sponsored

Clicking noise when letting go of gas from slight acceleration. Is this normal?

MustangCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
When my car starts up and I go into drive, whenever I slightly accelerate and let go of the gas, a clicking noise occurs from the engine bay area. Is this normal? It does not matter what gear I am in, if I accelerate and let go of the gas I hear the noise.

Only mods are x-pipe and exhaust.
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Does it go away once the car is fully warmed up? My 2018 GT with 28,000 miles does this when cold but goes away once the oil is up to operating temp. I dont think its causing any issue and is nature of the engine.

OP
OP
MustangCamaro

MustangCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Does it go away once the car is fully warmed up? My 2018 GT with 28,000 miles does this when cold but goes away once the oil is up to operating temp. I dont think its causing any issue and is nature of the engine.
It does seem to go away when the car is warmed up, only happens when cold. Is you car stock or tuned? I've been hesitant on tuning b/c of this..

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
It does seem to go away when the car is warmed up, only happens when cold. Is you car stock or tuned? I've been hesitant on tuning b/c of this..
It's stock. I was worried that something was wrong with the car. I had the engine and transmission checked by an independent shop and they couldn't find anything wrong. How many miles are on your GT?

Honestly if your car is not consuming crazy amount of oil and is good on power, I would go ahead and get a tune.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Mine had this but I just tuned it anyway and drove 14k miles hard and its been fine so far

Sponsored

OP
OP
MustangCamaro

MustangCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
It's stock. I was worried that something was wrong with the car. I had the engine and transmission checked by an independent shop and they couldn't find anything wrong. How many miles are on your GT?

Honestly if your car is not consuming crazy amount of oil and is good on power, I would go ahead and get a tune.
I am at 2,500 miles. The oil gauge on the car say 68% which I think is on par for the 5,000 mile oil change intervals. As for the power, I think it's how its supposed to be. This is my first gt coming from a camaro ss so not sure exactly how the car is supposed to feel. I did test drive a couple before buying and they all seemed similar in power.

I will probably bite on a tune maybe before the year ends.

Eric

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My 2019 Mustang GT has the same symptoms. After a cold start, slowly drive away, and as soon as I release the petal it makes a rather loud clicking sounds that goes away once the engine has heated up. Hard to tell if it is damaging anything ā˜¹

OP
OP
MustangCamaro

MustangCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
My 2019 Mustang GT has the same symptoms. After a cold start, slowly drive away, and as soon as I release the petal it makes a rather loud clicking sounds that goes away once the engine has heated up. Hard to tell if it is damaging anything ā˜¹
The uncertainty of not knowing if itā€™s damaging the car or not is worrisome. But I guess that is what the warranty is for except now we canā€™t do any major mods..

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I took mine to the dealer for that noise they replaced cam phasers , that did nothing.

after that I was like F-it im tuning it and if they deny my shite its on record that it already had issues. its been great since but probably still makes that flutter noise on let off when cold, its been hot here in florida for like 7 months though. But I have definitely redlined this car like 8 times a day while tuned on e85 and sometimes I switch to 93, for a year straight now and nothing has really gone wrong. Im talkin 200 foot burnouts im on my 4th set of rear tires in 14k miles lol.

Sponsored

Eric

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Iā€™m going to keep driving it until I see the check-engine light I guess....

OP
OP
MustangCamaro

MustangCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I took mine to the dealer for that noise they replaced cam phasers , that did nothing.

after that I was like F-it im tuning it and if they deny my shite its on record that it already had issues and its been great since.
Did the noise get progressively louder as you put more miles on the car or stayed the same?

OP
OP
MustangCamaro

MustangCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Took my car to the dealership and they stated the clicking noise is normal

Eric

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Did they mention what exactly is causing the noise? It seems hard to believe the clicking sound is normal when it can get pretty loud.... ā˜¹

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
The 5.0 in my 2018 F150 also does this... Dealership has also told me that this appears normal.
Sponsored