Sponsored

2019 ZL1 is 3,883 pounds--I was surprised today..........

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
my heart just starts beating off the richter scale.
Chuck: My sincere apologies for causing issues with your ticker..<grin> and yes, I do realize that the vast majority of folks around these parts enjoy such frivolous but, eye-catching imagery. I have a great time making them and I've switched back to one of my earlier images with my configuration in it. :-)

But you can most assuredly stand by for more... <BSEG>
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Again KR versions were NEVER factory so surely you mean sending a GT500 off to Shelby America?

Again you cant tell the difference between Shelby America and Ford.

The comical part of this is you trying to bust my balls with your blatant ignorance.
Again, you show your misunderstanding of pretty much ANYTHING to do with real life.

The original KR was a Ford product that was a collaboration with Shelby.

You are completely forgetting about the 2008 GT500 KR, which was a Ford built and sold vehicle.

That’s how we know you just google the stuff you don’t know about or make it up, whichever suits your little story.

Seriously, quit owning your own self in public. It’s embarrassing for you, awkward for the rest of us, and does no good for hope in the future of humanity.

There is no comical part in this. It’s just you being a troll and attacking people who are actually correct in their information, only to have you fill the forum with your stupidity. Just act like a normal human, talk only about stuff you actually know, learn from those who know more than you (apparently that’s everyone else on this forum), and stay silent when you have nothing to contribute.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Again, you show your misunderstanding of pretty much ANYTHING to do with real life.

The original KR was a Ford product that was a collaboration with Shelby.

You are completely forgetting about the 2008 GT500 KR, which was a Ford built and sold vehicle.

That’s how we know you just google the stuff you don’t know about or make it up, whichever suits your little story.

Seriously, quit owning your own self in public. It’s embarrassing for you, awkward for the rest of us, and does not good for those of us who have hope for humanity.

Holy crap guy you contradict yourself.

Original Ford product NO! A collaboration with Shelby Yes.

Geezus you are an idiot. How can it be an original Ford product if was a joint effort with Shelby?

Thats like saying Ford made the AC Cobra.......

My god you just dont grasp it do you.......

The 2008 was shipped to Shelby America too. Ford built the GT500 Shelby America made it a KR.

Your facts are bullshit and ass backwards.

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You dont have to believe me or agree just F$%king read!!!

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/collector-vehicles/shelby/shelby-gt500kr/2008.html

2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR

The “King of the Road” version of the GT500 was released as a limited-edition model that began life as a Shelby GT500 Mustang, which was shipped to the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas, where upfitting to KR status was performed before being shipped to the selling dealer. The Ford SVT-engineered 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 was enhanced with a Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack to boost horsepower to 540 and torque to 510 foot-pounds.

Apparently less talking out your ass and more reading would do you wonders.

Once you can tell the difference between a Ford product and a vehicle that was shipped to Shelby youll get the benefit of a doubt. Until then before you talk google is your friend if you want to try spew "facts" LOL!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Holy crap guy you contradict yourself.

Original Ford product NO! A collaboration with Shelby Yes.

Geezus you are an idiot. How can it be an original Ford product if was a joint effort with Shelby?

Thats like saying Ford made the AC Cobra.......

My god you just dont grasp it do you.......

The 2008 was shipped to Shelby America too. Ford built the GT500 Shelby America made it a KR.

Your facts are bullshit and ass backwards.
Oh my gosh, guy. Get a grip.

EVERY Ford Mustang bearing the Shelby name is a collaboration, in branding if not drivetrain.

Shelby had to do a lot with the original KR. Not so much with the 2008.

do you even know what Shelby did? They installed Ford’s own performance tune and FORD PARTS. Not Shelby manufactured creations. Basically ford LET them work on the car. that was a favor to Shelby. Not some needed help like was the case with the original.

Very unlike the original, especially where the engine was concerned.

So you can stop trying to pretend that somehow it’s some completely other car. the 2008 KR was a Ford built car with all ford parts. And sold by Ford dealerships. Boom done. Education granted.

As I said to you before, it’s stupid crap like this that lets everyone know you don’t know anything. You just keep that Google tab open and apparently don’t even read the stuff you quote from google! LOL

What’s sad is that everyone here knows this, except you. So you try to Create an issue where none existed.

There is what started this convo. I said:

That the 2020 GT500 “leaves room for a KR version, in terms of weight and power improvements, speculatively.”

that’s all I said.

the point being that, whenever there was a 500, there was a KR version, whether that KR was a big to do by Shelby (original) or was ALL FORD hardware and calibration (2008), there was a KR version that was an improvement over the regular 500.

This time will be no different.

and then you come with this argument you just pulled from the rank depths of your butt.
All that just because you were burned by the fact the Shelby 1000 Mustang exists and isn’t just an engine in a crate, unlike the dodge motor without a car. Stop trying to lump everything together in your nightmare world. accept real life and move on.

Last edited:

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Obviously you didnt read the link and you are back to your version of the facts and assumptions.......

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Would never even consider getting into a Camaro but as far as the "if you have something bad to say about the GT500 you can't afford one". That is just plain ridiculous. Plain and simple I wouldn't want one due to the "you take the DCT or screw you philosophy of Ford." Price has nothing to do with it. All I can say is if you want to buy one good for you. But enough of the "you must not be able to afford it crap!" As it is it's overweight and late to the party at the least!
That's baloney. Yea so it's .05 seconds a lap faster. If you aren't driving laps in a race who cares! You might as well hire a chauffeur! If you are a DCT fan fine. But all I am saying is enough of the "if you don't absolutely crap your drawers over the new GT500 you can't afford one". As I have said before it will be interesting to see what the guys coming out of a GT350R have to say. Something still tells me if you had a 2020 GT350R parked besides a 2020 GT500 as soon as the original hype died on the 500 you would probably pick the 350R over the 500 most of the time.
Yea, its getting old. Just like the people whom complain about the weight, or lack of manual.. all from someone that has 0 interest in buying one, so why do i need to keep reading about how lackluster it is, in the section designed for it, by people whom cant afford it or dont want it?

You want to keep spewing nonsense about it, go bitch in the section of the car you DO own, and how much larger your brain is for buying a GT and modding it, just to get to stock performance of the 500, while having 0 of the appearance and exclusivity of a real 500

Facts are facts. Its faster with dct, it weighs more yet still rips its competitors apart.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yea, its getting old. Just like the people whom complain about the weight, or lack of manual.. all from someone that has 0 interest in buying one, so why do i need to keep reading about how lackluster it is, in the section designed for it, by people whom cant afford it or dont want it?

You want to keep spewing nonsense about it, go bitch in the section of the car you DO own, and how much larger your brain is for buying a GT and modding it, just to get to stock performance of the 500, while having 0 of the appearance and exclusivity of a real 500

Facts are facts. Its faster with dct, it weighs more yet still rips its competitors apart.
Well to be honest. We still don't know if it rips the competition apart. Because Ford hasn't even released one to the magazines for a comparison yet. WTF Ford????

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Well to be honest. We still don't know if it rips the competition apart. Because Ford hasn't even released one to the magazines for a comparison yet. WTF Ford????
We do know its a 10 second car, and like the 700++ wouldnt be a 701, it wont be a 10.9. We know Owners always get better times than ford rates

We do know it sets the gratton record, a short tight track. we know its made for longer power friendly tracks

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
We do know its a 10 second car, and like the 700++ wouldnt be a 701, it wont be a 10.9. We know Owners always get better times than ford rates

We do know it sets the gratton record, a short tight track. we know its made for longer power friendly tracks
All you have right now is a bunch of promises. People are buying on HYPE. When is the next puzzle being released?

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

What are you the FORD factory driver? All you have is a bunch of marketing promises right now. Who knows what this thing can do?

Yes, facts are facts. I OWN plenty of cars. Where is your almighty GT500? You know the "speed limited one"? Get off your high horse.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All you have right now is a bunch of promises. People are buying on HYPE. When is the next puzzle being released?
This is what pisses me off with this car and like previously said it STILL has zero 3rd part metered magazine reviews done. Absolutely nothing besides a bunch of static displays for people to look at. Big whoop. Until this car has some actual test results it will continue to be heavily criticized!
Sponsored