Sponsored

Air Intake breather valve cracked on a brand new GT.

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

Was keeping up on my coolant and oil levels and noticed the pcv outlet breather adapter has a crack in the middle of the L joint that comes out of the intake. Thankfully the dealer is warrantying the service. But has anyone had this on a brand new engine? Just curious, as I don't think this is a good sign that I want to keep this intake for long. ;)
IMG_7500.jpg
IMG_7501.jpg
Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Save yourself the hassle of having to take the car to the dealership and fix it yourself with some two-part epoxy from any hardware store for about $4.

Yes, the car is under warranty, and for big ticket items I would definitely use the warranty, but at the end of the day, what is your time worth. Not to mention the hassle of having to drop the car off, to then pick it back up; or waiting in their "lounge" while they fix it?

OP
OP
cocopanda

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Save yourself the hassle of having to take the car to the dealership and fix it yourself with some two-part epoxy from any hardware store for about $4.

Yes, the car is under warranty, and for big ticket items I would definitely use the warranty, but at the end of the day, what is your time worth. Not to mention the hassle of having to drop the car off, to then pick it back up; or waiting in their "lounge" while they fix it?
Oh, totally agree. I work from home and live across the street basically from the automall in town and it's real simple to drop off and come back later. It'll take them 5 days to get it in anyways and I'll just put some jbweld on her. She did me good with the last mustang that I built. That damn thing was 15% JbWeld.

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
...I'll just put some JB Weld on her. She did me good with the last mustang that I built. That damn thing was 15% JB Weld.
You Sir, have earned your gear-head credentials.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Maybe I'm bias because I was an electrician for 16 years but there is nothing i cant fix with Klein pliers and electric tape. :like:

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

^^^^^^^THIS. All day.

Sponsored

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Love some of these shadetree repair suggestions. I’d ask if they would just warranty the part and give it to me to swap out. Unfortunately, you really can’t trust the dealer with your car.

-GT350 goes in for service on $4 part
-“tech” goes for a “test drive” after instal and totals car.
-dealer; man that sucks, we’ll sell you this one here for just 10k over msrp

OP
OP
cocopanda

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Love some of these shadetree repair suggestions. I’d ask if they would just warranty the part and give it to me to swap out. Unfortunately, you really can’t trust the dealer with your car.

-GT350 goes in for service on $4 part
-“tech” goes for a “test drive” after instal and totals car.
-dealer; man that sucks, we’ll sell you this one here for just 10k over msrp
It really worries me with how the guys approach me as well. I'm half their age with a car worth more than they make a year and they are giving me the eye like they know they are going to fuck this up but are going to roll the dice anyways. It scares ya, but then again. I'm a fairly big hulking person and people tell me how I scare them at first till they meet me. In my head I'm like the little kid that my sisters picked on all the time.

But I'm going to go with the Dealer on the install. Install my review dashcam and set it to record without powering off for the day. It last for about 6 hours and I'll be at the garage while they work on it. Bluetooth OBD2 on her and i'll see if I can pull a data log by leaving a bluetooth device in the car while he/she drives it for a test.
Sponsored