Sponsored

Just purchased 2017 GT350 with 7500KM - Sound off on MUST DO's

NorthernBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Picking up my NEW TO ME 2017 GT350 in Black with 7500km on it. The car was never winter driven and had 1 previous owner to me. I have driven the car and done as much of an inspection as I can, it looks and drives like a dream.

What are some things I should be looking for that I might be missing?
What are some MUST DO first steps or mods?
The car has Matte Black stripes, is this a stock option? I didn't see it as an available option on the order guide?

I'm coming from a 2018 GT PP1 with Mag Ride and 10R80 and the GT350 was always the obtainable dream car that I wanted.
Sponsored

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
Steeda clutch spring
Oil Separator

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Congrats on the car. Yes, matte black stripes were an option. Tank's sticky thread should have enough to keep you busy:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...al-information-ignore-at-your-own-risk.89612/

As for high priority mods, many would agree a passenger side catch can. There are plenty of threads on choosing a brand. The Steeda clutch spring only if the stock clutch feels funny to you in the upper travel range. If you're already used to it you might not care. If you heel and toe and the pedal spacing doesn't suit you, a number of us have installed the SRP pedals. I believe Tank has a post in there about checking the brake fluid reservoir line. It's a plastic fitting that can leak, and Steeda makes a cheap and simple clamp replacement. If your 2017 is an early build, it will still use the screw on oil filter which can vibrate loose especially if not torqued properly. If it's a later 2017 it'll have the cartridge type filter assembly. Rear panel gap is something you can check, but unless it's horrendous probably not something to back out of a deal just because of that, and can typically be adjusted.

OP
OP
NorthernBeast

NorthernBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the car. Yes, matte black stripes were an option. Tank's sticky thread should have enough to keep you busy:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...al-information-ignore-at-your-own-risk.89612/

As for high priority mods, many would agree a passenger side catch can. There are plenty of threads on choosing a brand. The Steeda clutch spring only if the stock clutch feels funny to you in the upper travel range. If you're already used to it you might not care. If you heel and toe and the pedal spacing doesn't suit you, a number of us have installed the SRP pedals. I believe Tank has a post in there about checking the brake fluid reservoir line. It's a plastic fitting that can leak, and Steeda makes a cheap and simple clamp replacement. If your 2017 is an early build, it will still use the screw on oil filter which can vibrate loose especially if not torqued properly. If it's a later 2017 it'll have the cartridge type filter assembly. Rear panel gap is something you can check, but unless it's horrendous probably not something to back out of a deal just because of that, and can typically be adjusted.
Thanks for the tips! I picked up a JLT V3.0 Oil Separator on Friday so I have that ready to go! I'm going to make the decision on the Steeda clutch spring after driving it for a week. I will check the fluids and oil filter as well.

I got lucky and the car already has the Ford Performance M-5300-W lowering springs installed.

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Sounds like a great car and congrats to you! Sound advice already and not much else to really have to do for an enjoyable relationship with your GT350. These guys are an absolute hoot right out of the box. Enjoy it!
edit- saw the pics. That thing is pure evil.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NorthernBeast

NorthernBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase