4th service cost and Think Ford Guildford

pdavison

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible 5.0 V8
My Mustang GT is due it’s 4th service and I’ve been quoted £355 from Think Ford in Guildford who I believe are a performance Ford service centre.

Anyone have any experience of Think Ford in Guildford and whether the quoted price is competitive?
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
My 4th service will be done at an independent. I've had no problem with Ford for the first three (under the pre-purchased service contract) but realistically can't see the benefit of the 80 mile round-trip to the nearest Fordstore when I can have it done using Ford parts by an actual mechanic within walking distance of my house. Don't know how much it'll cost but it'll be less than £355 :wink:

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
355 for a service? What's involved for that? Mines due a 3rd in six months but no idea what to expect

AstroKeith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Auto
My Mustang GT is due it’s 4th service and I’ve been quoted £355 from Think Ford in Guildford who I believe are a performance Ford service centre.

Anyone have any experience of Think Ford in Guildford and whether the quoted price is competitive?
I bought my GT from TF Guildford and they did the first service. I later had an issue which they showed their incompetence and arrogance and I haven't been back since. Since then I used TF Farnborough - part of the same group but a much bigger set-up and the service manager seemed to have his eye on things. At least they were never rude and arrogant! That price seems about right, most of it goes on the oil!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Do yourself a favour and never go to TF Guildford again. For the long time forum members on here - thank this post if you agree!

i found a fantastic independent dealership - peter stirland ford in hungerford, highly recommended. Not a ford store but more than capable, they have seen plenty of mustangs there - their master tech is a big mustang fan, and i can’t praise their level of service enough. Not sure how much i paid for my service with them but I wasn’t concerned at the time, big savings to be had if you rock up with your own oil, rather than ford charging you for it

Sponsored

OP
OP
pdavison

pdavison

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible 5.0 V8
Farnborough was where I had requested but the lady on the phone suggested Guildford as they’ve got more experience with Mustangs ... sounds like maybe not the best idea!

mid like to keep a Ford history as whilst she’s only done 13k miles she’s been serviced at Ford each year.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Farnborough was where I had requested but the lady on the phone suggested Guildford as they’ve got more experience with Mustangs ... sounds like maybe not the best idea!

mid like to keep a Ford history as whilst she’s only done 13k miles she’s been serviced at Ford each year.
That would be the lady who didn’t know the service intervals for a Mondeo. If you must use Think Ford Guildford go in person to book it in and speak to them face to face and get a while you wait appointment. I second the recommendation for Peter Stirland Hungerford, they are spot on.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You can do worse than use Houndmills MOT Centre in Basingstoke.

Don't let the name fool you; that's just for Joe Public. They also go by CJP Autosport and they look after various race and rally cars including full-on WRC cars. Very much enthusiasts and will look after you and your car.
Sponsored