Sponsored

Have a warranty repair done by another dealer after getting it authorized by Ford at another?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I posted on here before about having Ford give me the OK to have my hood fixed under warranty, due to bubbling of the paint. The dealer I took it to sent pictures of the damage to Ford who later authorized the repair. However, my dealer is saying they just fix the paint and don't replace the whole hood, even though the TSB shows otherwise. Either way I don't want to use this dealer anymore. I took it in for 3 repairs under warranty (puddle light, throttle body click, and the hood), not one was fixed. I was even told the obvious throttle body click was a "coyote tick" and they don't do anything about that. Anyway, since Ford gave the OK for the hood, can I take it to another local Ford dealer for the replacement? Or would I have to go through the approval process all over again, which I probably can't since my 3yr/36k warranty is now expired. Is there a number at Ford I can call to have the warranty repair transferred, or will the new dealer be able to check with Ford to confirm it was approved?
Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
The approval code the dealer received , is tagged to the original repair order . So the the dealer that received the approval should be the one doing the work . Nowe you may want to check with an another dealer and see if it is covered under the body corosion warranty.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The approval code the dealer received , is tagged to the original repair order . So the the dealer that received the approval should be the one doing the work . Nowe you may want to check with an another dealer and see if it is covered under the body corosion warranty.
OK, thanks. I've heard they changed the corrosion warranty wording for 2016+ cars which now doesn't require an actual hole, so it may be easier to get it approved that way. If not I guess I can always go back to the original dealer with the TSB and show them that they call for replacement. It's pointless to paint it since corrosion is already appearing in new sections of the hood, unless they plan to repaint sections every few months as new spots appear. At least I know to find a new dealer in the future.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Why not just call Ford and explain the situation that you no longer are happy with that dealership and request their assistance from there.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why not just call Ford and explain the situation that you no longer are happy with that dealership and request their assistance from there.
That's a good idea, maybe they can transfer the repair authorization over to a new dealer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I called Ford and they were no help. They said it needs to be done at the dealer I had it approved at. So, I called the dealer again and told them I have a copy of the TSB for the hood replacement. The guy in the service department told me "No, they will not replace the hood, they use a special corrosion inhibiting paint and filler on the existing hood". I guess I'll just take it to a new dealer, even though my 3 year warranty is up, and see what they can do. If Ford approved the repair, I don't know why the dealer just won't replace the hood, if anything they will probably make a few more $$$ of the warranty work, especially since Ford calls for the replacement.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Call back the Ford 800# and “bitch” as loud as you can to them (in a professional manner) and tell them the Dealer is refusing to honor the Ford TSB directive. Then proceed to say you’re ready to go public on their Social Media accounts about the issue and them not correctly honoring a valid warranty issue. Give them the TSB number.

Also tell them you want a Case number established and you want to go to another Dealer who follows Ford’s protocols.

That should get you leverage.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Call back the Ford 800# and “bitch” as loud as you can to them (in a professional manner) and tell them the Dealer is refusing to honor the Ford TSB directive. Then proceed to say you’re ready to go public on their Social Media accounts about the issue and them not correctly honoring a valid warranty issue. Give them the TSB number.

Also tell them you want a Case number established and you want to go to another Dealer who follows Ford’s protocols.

That should get you leverage.
Thank's. I'll give that a try. I guess if that doesn't work it gives me a reason to get the new GT500 hood from Cervini. :)
Sponsored