March Mustang Club (MMC)

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
I'm not an insider like you think. I do know some folks in the know, but I don't comment on specifics when I shouldn't. This information is not news and what I have said is reinforced by what you are seeing. It is unfolding right before your eyes and the reasons for this schedule push is unimportant. It is something that you cant control and you would be just raising your blood pressure if you tried to (ask me how I know). Furthermore, my crystal ball is in the shop so I don't know what is going to happen to everyone. At this point, I'm not sure even Ford knows exactly who is going to get built when. I am confident that people who had early build dates will get their cars, but at a point later in time than expected. There are many reasons for the push in the schedule, but that doesn't matter. If I had a later build, I would be concerned. I just hope that the people at Ford don't do what they have done in the past with GT350R's and build one of these cars only for them to sit on the lot all winter buried under feet of snow. I would not want a car that sat out in the snow and ice and if that were to occur, I probably would pass on it.
Tom,
When you say early build, what week do you consider early build when first schedule...ie if you had a date before Nov 1 you will get it this year or Oct 7th? I too hope that if they can’t deliver before winter then they just hold on building.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ford certainly knows better than anyone what the dire consequences are for allowing Cup 2 tires to be driven in freezing or sub freezing temperatures therefore if anyone thinks that the FRAP is going to assemble R models and CFTP optioned cars and then allow them to sit and possibly moved and repositioned during the Winter season at the FR holding yard I suggest that they best think again.
:)
My understanding and experience is that any cars previously coming standard with Cup 2 tires whether they be the R model and now with the CFTP option these cars will not sit over the winter in the FRAP holding yard while waiting for transportation to various Ford dealerships sometime next Spring.

Having said that it is my understanding that any R model or CFTP option car built this Fall prior to the FRAP shutdown sometime in November that each GT500 or R model will ship via rail or road later this year and am not aware of any R models for the 2016 to 2019 MY's that sat over the winter waiting for transportation the following Spring therefore suggest that this will not be an issue for the GT500 going forward.

:sunglasses:

They have in the past. As far as I know it is still a serious possibility. It has happened before and unless they changed their policy, it very well could happen again. Here you go everyone.....

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/11-18-16-2017s-produced-but-still-awaiting-shipment.69757/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/who-has-taken-delivery-of-a-17-gt350r.67758/page-2

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom,
When you say early build, what week do you consider early build when first schedule...ie if you had a date before Nov 1 you will get it this year or Oct 7th? I too hope that if they can’t deliver before winter then they just hold on building.
I am sorry, I don't know. Again, I am not an insider, however based upon my situation and the information I have received (from people on the inside), there are many reasons 500s are being pushed back.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Harry: I can't tell you how much I appreciated your comment about the tires and who will ship. It's what I have been trying to TELL myself all along, I just haven't been able to get my brain to buy the logic. Now I can so thanks again.
You keep changing your avatar, whos the hottie?

KB.jpg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

They have in the past. As far as I know it is still a serious possibility. It has happened before and unless they changed their policy, it very well could happen again. Here you go everyone.....

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/11-18-16-2017s-produced-but-still-awaiting-shipment.69757/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/who-has-taken-delivery-of-a-17-gt350r.67758/page-2
Just to be clear how many 2017 R models that were produced prior to the November, 2016 shutdown at FR were actually not shipped until the next Spring of 2017 and did Ford walk away from not covering any possible tire issues regarding the Cup 2 tires for any late shipped cars?

As we all know Mother Nature can change in a moments notice therefore the FR assembly plant and Ford are in a very precarious position with respect to the yearly November production shutdown and ever changing weather conditions.

Having said that I do not recall anyone ever mentioning on this forum that Ford has walked away from a legitimate claim with respect to Cup 2 tires being damaged while being subjected to cold weather/shipping conditions including yourself.

BTW, I have spoken to Deysha in years past about this issue and as she explained to me and others on this forum this is certainly not Ford's intent to hold and ship cars for the following Spring by any means.

Lastly, I would like to think that over the last 3 to 4 years that Ford has in fact changed their timing/shipping policy regarding the Cup 2 tires and if for some reason one of our members does get caught up in this issue that Ford would be there for the new purchaser as they have in the past.

:)

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
You keep changing your avatar, whos the hottie?
<smiling>

Tom: I was wondering if anyone would ask. But, no mystery, just an image I snatched from the Web that would allow enough room to insert the car. :-)

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
<smiling>

Tom: I was wondering if anyone would ask. But, no mystery, just an image I snatched from the Web that would allow enough room to insert the car. :-)
OH we noticed!!!

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
<smiling>

KB,
I was thinking that was going to be your new girlfriend once your GT500 came..........lol

Jeff

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking that was going to be your new girlfriend once your GT500 came..........lol
<laughing again>

Jeff: Not much chance of that, girlfriends tend to be expensive and, dangerous. :-)

But, waking up at three ayem leaves a lot of available time for doodling so how about this new one?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I think people are getting too spun up and confusing what would happen.

Cars will stop being produced, so many peoples cars will be built in the spring.

Cars Will be produced through Nov, and may sit, but SHOULD still be shipped asap

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Cars will stop being produced, so many peoples cars will be built in the spring.

Cars Will be produced through Nov, and may sit, but SHOULD still be shipped asap
I think that's what I said earlier on in the thread. Ford doesn't do this on purpose.

One more thing before I call it quits here for a while, Ford doesn't intentionally build cars so they sit on the lot all winter. It is a matter of temperature. If it gets to cold, they stop building and shipping. They don't do this on purpose. Understand that they are trying to get as many of these cars built before this shutdown. I don't know if you have seen cup2's damaged by cold, but it essentially ruins the tire. This happened to me and a new set is almost $2,000. I don't know why Ford hasn't worked out a solution to the issue (like shipping the car on shipping wheels, like they use for manufacture), but it probably has more to do with scheduling. They have estimated units to be manufactured, and the winter break seems to coincide with those numbers.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
<smiling>

Your latest avatar about sums up how I picked rapid red, LOL (except there was no car on the beach to directly compare to... and at least she was laying on a beach towel).

kb2.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Your latest avatar about sums up how I picked rapid red
Tom: Like you, I am obviously partial to Rapid Red with black stripes although I probably should gin up some cars in different colors for the other observers. :-) Meanwhile, I think this one with the car angled differently, is more better.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Obviously this is a very important issue to all of us who have ordered 2020 GT500 cars and suggest that we all agree that it is Ford's intention to ship all GT500's this Fall and not to hold them over the cold Winter time period especially based on the severe consequences of the Cup 2 tires being subjected to sub zero weather.

If one or two cars get caught up in the logistics of being held over the Winter by mistake and end up with possible cracked and crumbling Cup 2 tires I would encourage the owners of these specific vehicles to inspect their tires very carefully upon delivery and go on record with their dealership (in writing) and also with Ford that they reserve the right to a new set of Cup 2 tires in the event that their tires start going away down the road based on their car sitting at the FRAP holding yard over the Winter time.

:wink: