Sponsored

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Today I received my final build date of 11/1. My build week was 10/21 so ultimately bumped 1 week. I was really hopeful to have my twister orange also built on Halloween but at least I should hopefully have it for Thanksgiving. Anyone know whether it will be trailered from the 700 miles from FRAP to Minnesota?

Last edited:

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Today I received my final build date of 11/1. My build week has always been 10/28 with no previous delays. I was really hopeful to have my twister orange also built on Halloween but at least I should hopefully have it for Thanksgiving. Anyone know whether it will be trailered from the 700 miles from FRAP to Minnesota?
Congrats! At that distance, my guess would be a combination of train and truck/trailer.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Today I received my final build date of 11/1. My build week was 10/21 so ultimately bumped 1 week. I was really hopeful to have my twister orange also built on Halloween but at least I should hopefully have it for Thanksgiving. Anyone know whether it will be trailered from the 700 miles from FRAP to Minnesota?
We have had the same exact scheduled build weeks and now build days, both twister orange

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Just checked with Noah and my build date was slipped again....this time from 10/8 to 10/25. No reason given.
My original build date was 9/23.
Dealer also confirmed slip.
VIN = 0195

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Just checked with Noah and my build date was slipped again....this time from 10/8 to 10/25. No reason given.
My original build date was 9/23.
Dealer also confirmed slip.
VIN = 0195
Wowo weird you have a lower vin and are pushed back to where I am almost. Do you have a carbon fiber car?

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Moved back from 10/14 to 11/4. Will be built during SEMA Week. Am told I should receive it by Thanksgiving weekend.

2020-Shelby-GT500-3.jpg

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
31,34,48 and 2019 Fords + a 58& 66 Chevy trucks
Wowo weird you have a lower vin and are pushed back to where I am almost. Do you have a carbon fiber car?
I am 153 ( base model) with tech , handling , carbon fiber dash , no recarros.....and was originally scheduled with a build to day of 9/23. I am now at a build week of 10/14.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Moved back from 10/14 to 11/4. Will be built during SEMA Week. Am told I should receive it by Thanksgiving weekend.

2020-Shelby-GT500-3.jpg
Ron, congrats on getting your car built before the November shutdown at the FRAP as that is terrific as many of us will not see our cars until sometime later next year therefore very happy for you.

Having said that I have to question who is ever giving you information that you will have your car by the Thanksgiving week as that is very difficult to comprehend based on my experience after taking delivery of numerous Boss 302 and especially GT350/R's.

Not only does your car after final assembly have to head to the Mod Shop for CF wheel and CF wing along with the rear seat delete installation but then your car has to head to the Team Penske paint shop (still not sure where that location is?) which in itself is going to take a great deal of time in order to get your OTT painted stripes all done and the rest of your car cleared.

Once that final process at Team Penske is all complete your biggest hurdle may be the transportation and logistics of your 2 seat car from FR to a Seattle rail spur after which time an OTR open top carrier will be employed for the final leg delivery to your dealership in the Seattle area.

Your car will end up probably heading through some large rail yards in Chicago and Minneapolis with your rail car probably being pulled off in one of those yards. Even getting onto a railcar in a timely fashion based on the severe rail car shortage is a challenge.

At the end of the day I hope that I am totally wrong but I cannot comprehend how someone is conveying to you that your car will arrive to you by Thanksgiving based on the above scenario.

Again I hope that I am totally wrong and wish you the best of luck!

:)

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Have you tried the web site “Researchmaniacs” ? Sorry not sure how to link to site. But I was able to get my 350 window sticker there before I could get it from Ford.
I will now
No Snoop I was just asking if anyone who ordered from a NJ dealer has received a Vin or production date. I ordered from a NJ dealer the day the order banks opened and they have nothing from Ford except that the order was received. I am wondering if they don’t want to deliver these cars when the temperatures drop and decided to delivery first vehicles to warmer locations.
My order is PA

I am 153 ( base model) with tech , handling , carbon fiber dash , no recarros.....and was originally scheduled with a build to day of 9/23. I am now at a build week of 10/14.
Now im curious if im bumped again after calling 2 days ago. Thats a big push back

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
why not take delivery at a dealership near where the final step is completed? You could then drive it west or (since you obviously have a few dollars to your name) hire a transporter.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
No. Just a Base TO, w/Recaros and Handling Pkg
When he told me, Noah kind of gulped a bit as though he couldn’t believe what he was reading. Especially since he told me a week ago it was 10/8 and confirmed by my dealer with a VVR.
Something’s amiss at FRAP. He had no explanation.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Having said that I have to question who is ever giving you information that you will have your car by the Thanksgiving week as that is very difficult to comprehend based on my experience after taking delivery of numerous Boss 302 and especially GT350/R's.

Not only does your car after final assembly have to head to the Mod Shop for CF wheel and CF wing along with the rear seat delete installation but then your car has to head to the Team Penske paint shop (still not sure where that location is?) which in itself is going to take a great deal of time in order to get your OTT painted stripes all done and the rest of your car cleared.

Once that final process at Team Penske is all complete your biggest hurdle may be the transportation and logistics of your 2 seat car from FR to a Seattle rail spur after which time an OTR open top carrier will be employed for the final leg delivery to your dealership in the Seattle area.

Your car will end up probably heading through some large rail yards in Chicago and Minneapolis with your rail car probably being pulled off in one of those yards. Even getting onto a railcar in a timely fashion based on the severe rail car shortage is a challenge.

At the end of the day I hope that I am totally wrong but I cannot comprehend how someone is conveying to you that your car will arrive to you by Thanksgiving based on the above scenario.

:)
Thanks Harry. This is great information which definitely places the process in greater perspective for all of us.

I am only repeating what Noah at FP relayed to me during a lengthy conversation yesterday. Fact is, to receive the car next Spring would not be the end of the world as it would otherwise be relegated to my garage until pretty much late June. Starting your life as a garage queen may not be in the best interest of arguably one of the finest Performance Mustangs ever built. With increasing frequency, I find myself bouncing back and forth between impatience and excitement while pondering with disbelief that I am actually lucky enough to be receiving this limited production car.

OK. Now I am back from impatience to excitement again... :idea:

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks Harry. This is great information which definitely places the process in greater perspective for all of us.

I am only repeating what Noah at FP relayed to me during a lengthy conversation yesterday. Fact is, to receive the car next Spring would not be the end of the world as it would otherwise be relegated to my garage until pretty much late June. Starting your life as a garage queen may not be in the best interest of arguably one of the finest Performance Mustangs ever built. With increasing frequency, I find myself bouncing back and forth between impatience and excitement while pondering with disbelief that I am lucky enough to actually be receiving this limited production car.

OK. Now I am back from impatience to excitement again... :idea:
Appreciate your follow up comments but please keep in mind that FP has a fairly new team in place and with that comes a great deal of inexperience in some cases.

Don't get me wrong as I think a great deal of Noah and I like him a lot l but he is only 23 years old and has very limited experience when it comes to the way in which the GT500 will be launched at the FRAP over the next few months and the rest of the model year.

Again good luck with the production timeline for your car and not here to suggest that your car will not be assembled prior to the November 2019 shutdown and am only suggesting that your car will not be delivered by Thanksgiving time line as mentioned and suggest that in fact it may be delivered by the end of the 2019 calendar year which is much more reasonable IMO and hopefully would still meet with your approval!

:like::like:
Sponsored