Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I had everything turned off and was doing donuts at a track (buying time for the rain to pass) and my adv track kept cutting in and killing the power. After which I got the service warning. Once I turned the car off then back on it went away.
Sponsored

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
All of my issues started after I installed the 9" IRS Kit with 3.00 gears and the Whipple Flare tool.

Not sure if that is related.....but I cannot find an issue anywhere.

I was thinking maybe I damaged something...but I am not sure it would only be at WOT if something was damaged.
Did you switch superchargers to Whipple?

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Im not sure if u can sct but u might.I use a snap on modis,but any scan tool that reads data and has abs software should.Do u have any abs codes or trac codes?.
Tommy, you say you use a MODIS and I can not find much info on this and you might be familiar. The 50th AP cars dont come with MyColor door sills. I have MyColor on mine and swapped out the solid aluminum sills for MyColr sills. I have been told the MODIS will allow the circuit for the MyColor door sills to be turned on (all the wiring is there). I have a canned tune for a JLT 110mm CAI and I am trying to find out if I need to go back to stock first or if the programming is in a different "ECU" and no need to return to stock before using the MODIS to turn on the sill plate circuit.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Tommy, you say you use a MODIS and I can not find much info on this and you might be familiar. The 50th AP cars dont come with MyColor door sills. I have MyColor on mine and swapped out the solid aluminum sills for MyColr sills. I have been told the MODIS will allow the circuit for the MyColor door sills to be turned on (all the wiring is there). I have a canned tune for a JLT 110mm CAI and I am trying to find out if I need to go back to stock first or if the programming is in a different "ECU" and no need to return to stock before using the MODIS to turn on the sill plate circuit.
Look up the as-built thread in the DIY section. You can use forscan to make the change.

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Look up the as-built thread in the DIY section. You can use forscan to make the change.
I know about FORScan and am just very leery about changing hexadecimal strings. I have access to a SnapOn MODIS so I would like to try it first at least. My biggest question I am trying to find out is if I have to go back to stock before trying to turn on an interior circuit. I would think the engine ECU would not be affected as "I think" the other stuff is in a different ECU.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I would love to hear more about the factory line lock solution. JPC currently offers one but it uses a solenoid on each wheel. I would prefer a better solution.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I
I know about FORScan and am just very leery about changing hexadecimal strings. I have access to a SnapOn MODIS so I would like to try it first at least. My biggest question I am trying to find out is if I have to go back to stock before trying to turn on an interior circuit. I would think the engine ECU would not be affected as "I think" the other stuff is in a different ECU.
don't think there is any need to go back to stock.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I would love to hear more about the factory line lock solution. JPC currently offers one but it uses a solenoid on each wheel. I would prefer a better solution.
I just looked up the JPC solution. Looks good to me. Any reason why you think it is not up to snuff?

But yes, I would love a simpler engagement of our factory line lock as well.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I just looked up the JPC solution. Looks good to me. Any reason why you think it is not up to snuff?

But yes, I would love a simpler engagement of our factory line lock as well.
You do not need a aftermarket line lock kit, it only takes seconds for me to activate my factory line lock.You need to practice my man.

Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
You do not need a aftermarket line lock kit, it only takes seconds for me to activate my factory line lock.You need to practice my man.
Yeah I know, but when getting ready to stage, I’d prefer a simpler procedure

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
DavidHuff, do you use it when at a drag strip or just for fun?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Line lock works great once you get the hang of it and it doesn't take long to engage. You can have it all ready to go except hitting OK to initialize prior to pulling through the water box.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
DavidHuff, do you use it when at a drag strip or just for fun?
Yes,I only use my line lock when I go to Woodburn Dragway in Woodburn,Or to do my burnout to heat up my MT drag radials in the water box.The factory line lock is really a great option that came on our mustangs.I have actually took a can of 5 gallons of water and put down on a abandon blacktop road to practice using my factory line lock.LOL
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.