Sponsored

Cancelled My Base GT 500 Order PM me if you want to take it!

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I originally had a "Golden Ticket" GT 500 allocation that was swiped from me by a VIP and then ordered a base GT 500 in early July. I then got lucky and found another "Golden Ticket" car and was holding two GT 500 allocoations. The base car was my insurance plan just in case I got screwed out of the 2nd "Golden Ticket" car. The problem is that the base car is now scheduled to be built and the "Golden Ticket" car won't be built until the spring so I had to let the base car go. The dealership wants $10K over MSRP for it. PM me if you want the name of the sales rep and the dealer. You will need to ask to have the car drop shipped by the factory or pay to have the car trucked out to where you want it. The place where I ordered the car will probably be snow bound by the time it arrives in late November or December and you probably won't be able to drive it away safely from the dealership. I just gave up a known deal for a probable deal :(
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think you made the correct move. Your CFYP is unscheduled clean and that means it's legit. Good move.

OP
OP
Melange_X3

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I think you made the correct move. Your CFYP is unscheduled clean and that means it's legit. Good move.
Thanks for the support. I had been tracking both allocations through Kyle, Noah and Austin at FP. For the longest time the "Golden Ticket" car was sitting as unscheduled clean and the base was sitting as unschedule material hold. I thought both cars would end up not being built until the spring. Just this week the base car got picked up with a mid November build date and VIN. Once it got picked up for build I had to let the base car go. I do have a signed purchase agreement with the "Golden Ticket" car so I am optimistic it will all work out. I agree that giving up the base and waiting longer for the "Golden Ticket" car will be worth it. When will you get yours? Will you get it before it gets too cold for the sport cup 2 tires?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I keep getting promised a car by Christmas. We will.see.

OP
OP
Melange_X3

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
I wish you good luck on getting it by then. Unless you are in Southern FL you will have to be careful with the temperatures. It gets pretty cold in flat rock even in November. I wonder how Ford will prevent sport cup 2 tire cracking problems.

Sponsored

Russ65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2004 & 2005 F150 Lariat 5.4
I originally had a "Golden Ticket" GT 500 allocation that was swiped from me by a VIP and then ordered a base GT 500 in early July. I then got lucky and found another "Golden Ticket" car and was holding two GT 500 allocoations. The base car was my insurance plan just in case I got screwed out of the 2nd "Golden Ticket" car. The problem is that the base car is now scheduled to be built and the "Golden Ticket" car won't be built until the spring so I had to let the base car go. The dealership wants $10K over MSRP for it. PM me if you want the name of the sales rep and the dealer. You will need to ask to have the car drop shipped by the factory or pay to have the car trucked out to where you want it. The place where I ordered the car will probably be snow bound by the time it arrives in late November or December and you probably won't be able to drive it away safely from the dealership. I just gave up a known deal for a probable deal :(
I would like to know if anyone has taken

Russ65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
I would like to know if anyone has taken you up on the option on the GT 500 not to sure on the cost I am looking to have some fun. My friends are all Dodge and Camaro
Anyone requested an option on the base GT 500
Thanks

Daviddemon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
dodge demon 2015 zo6 corvette 2020 gt 500

Daviddemon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
dodge demon 2015 zo6 corvette 2020 gt 500
does any one know how many Golden Ticket" car they will be
built ?

Sponsored

Russ65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
1250 for the 2020 model year.
How does anyone get a chance for a golden ticket. Is this hard to to acquire 1 is it a drawing? I'm new at this. Thanks

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Russ: If I had the definitive answer to your question, I could make a fair amount of dough. :-)

But, AFAIK, it's all up the Regional Reps and Ford Corporate. In my case, the Allocation individual at my dealership, who had been promised a CFTP car by the Regional rep, learned he didn't really HAVE a CFTP car when the whole Golden Ticket binness started. So, the Allocation guy kept bugging the rep and I believe that this person felt badly about guaranteeing him the CFTP car originally and found a way to get one. If you know your guy in charge of allocations, you might give it a try.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Russ: If I had the definitive answer to your question, I could make a fair amount of dough. :-)

But, AFAIK, it's all up the Regional Reps and Ford Corporate. In my case, the Allocation individual at my dealership, who had been promised a CFTP car by the Regional rep, learned he didn't really HAVE a CFTP car when the whole Golden Ticket binness started. So, the Allocation guy kept bugging the rep and I believe that this person felt badly about guaranteeing him the CFTP car originally and found a way to get one. If you know your guy in charge of allocations, you might give it a try.
So that's how you got an early build!
Sponsored