Ford Performance 2020 GT500 Oil-Air Separator

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
If I'm reading correctly it says it fits the 2020 GT500 with no additional equipment but the GTs and GT350s can be retrofitted with the cam covers. Not sure why they would put special covers on the CFTP.
That's how I read it and I would bet that the 2020 GT350 uses the same valve covers as the 2020 GT500.
Sponsored

jpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Audi RS3
Good find! It's on my "wish list" on the Ford Performance site. Being standard equipment on the CFTP is a good enough recommendation for me. Thanks for posting.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
From what Iā€™ve read and heard this is a plug and play for the 2020 GT500. New covers will not be needed for these cars.

I ordered one today from a friend whom Iā€™ve been buying my Ford Performance Parts for years. If all goes well I will fill you guys in.

Sponsored

jpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Audi RS3
From what Iā€™ve read and heard this is a plug and play for the 2020 GT500. New covers will not be needed for these cars.

I ordered one today from a friend whom Iā€™ve been buying my Ford Performance Parts for years. If all goes well I will fill you guys in.
Great. Thanks. If your friend wants to sell more at a reasonable price, maybe you could let us know how to buy from him.

This seems like a must-have for me. It's not just cosmetic; it's performance!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Great. Thanks. If your friend wants to sell more at a reasonable price, maybe you could let us know how to buy from him.

This seems like a must-have for me. It's not just cosmetic; it's performance!
Oh I will let everyone know once he figures out if it can be shipped from FP yet, thatā€™s the issue right now. Itā€™s a well know FP dealer so you will all be able to buy. I contacted him and made him aware of the part number and he did the rest. Hopefully I find out today.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
I called Ford Performance Hotline to see if the Base GT500 and the CFTP have the same valve covers and therefore this part would fit without the new valve covers. The responses were a bit puzzling:
1. I first got to Noah (who we all know) who was stumped. He didnā€™t know. So he punted me to the FP Parts line.
2. The guy on the FP parts line had never heard of the part, so he looked it up and said: ā€œWow, those are available now..!ā€ But when I drilled down as to whether they would fit the Base GT500, he just read me that script we all see. He didnā€™t really know, so he punted me to the FP Tech line.
3. The Tech line guy had never heard of this part, so he too had to look it up. Also guessed that it might fit. But he didnā€™t know. Would get back to me.

Bottom line: The FP Tech Line guy is going to get with Engineering to find out of the valve covers on the CFTP and the Base model are the same. Said he would call me back next Monday or Tuesday.... More when I know it.

Last edited:

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So I'm confused, draining the oil / gunk back to the engine is okay versus not touching it and letting it blow back into the intake and let it drip back into the tb? I thought the purpose of this was for it not to make it back to the engine..

Last edited:

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Ingesting it in the intake is the worst spot, draining back into engine oil is better, catching it and throwing it away is the best, but likely not needed for most.

You don't want oil mist and contaminates in your intake....it just doesn't belong there and can cause issues.

Draining it back into the oil supply is OK, but can introduce moisture and contaminates, which exists to some degree by just operating an internal combustion engine. Some feel strongly about not doing this others don't care.
Sponsored