Shelby GT500 - Build & Price

TexxasGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2018 Rator, 2020 GT500
V00D00 here's a fact Chevy will make any amount of Corvette's that the market wants no limits. Will Ford do the same with the GT500 that answer is a Big Fat NO. So to get Chevy's best all I need to do is go down to a Local dealer and get one. With the GT500 I may have to go out of state to get one. They are also easy to find at a discount which is a plus if your a Chevy customer. Every Ford customer gets to enjoy the ADM's which is money lost. No fu$king ADM's on Chevy's top performance car here's one https://www.baywaychevrolet.com/Veh...Corvette-Coupe_ZR1_3ZR-Pearland-TX/3491559183.
Maybe your dense and love paying more then MSRP because Ford limits their production. Instead of providing all their customers a chance at owning a GT500 without the ADM's. I love Fords but they really like screwing their customers with their Limited production High performance cars. The Video part was for the Ford GT and because you have the money does not mean you will get one. So the Fact of the matter is getting a Ford GT500 is a hassle and would not be if Ford did not limit the production. If Ford did not limit these cars we would not have to deal with these ADM's which screws the customers. Because I can tell you all those ADM's your paying are like burning money in a fireplace. So yes Chevy does provide a better chance then Ford at letting its customer get their top performance model and that's a fact. Maybe you can provide me a link to of a New Ford GT that is for sale to anyone, that would prove me wrong. The 800 hp mid engine Z06 will be allot easy to get then Fords GT, you bank on that. That's what taking care of customers is about providing what they want when they want it.
Not every customer. I sure as hell didn't pay an ADM. Get "your" facts straight, because "you're " wrong.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
V00D00 here's a fact Chevy will make any amount of Corvette's that the market wants no limits. Will Ford do the same with the GT500 that answer is a Big Fat NO. So to get Chevy's best all I need to do is go down to a Local dealer and get one. With the GT500 I may have to go out of state to get one. They are also easy to find at a discount which is a plus if your a Chevy customer. Every Ford customer gets to enjoy the ADM's which is money lost. No fu$king ADM's on Chevy's top performance car here's one https://www.baywaychevrolet.com/Veh...Corvette-Coupe_ZR1_3ZR-Pearland-TX/3491559183.
Maybe your dense and love paying more then MSRP because Ford limits their production. Instead of providing all their customers a chance at owning a GT500 without the ADM's. I love Fords but they really like screwing their customers with their Limited production High performance cars. The Video part was for the Ford GT and because you have the money does not mean you will get one. So the Fact of the matter is getting a Ford GT500 is a hassle and would not be if Ford did not limit the production. If Ford did not limit these cars we would not have to deal with these ADM's which screws the customers. Because I can tell you all those ADM's your paying are like burning money in a fireplace. So yes Chevy does provide a better chance then Ford at letting its customer get their top performance model and that's a fact. Maybe you can provide me a link to of a New Ford GT that is for sale to anyone, that would prove me wrong. The 800 hp mid engine Z06 will be allot easy to get then Fords GT, you bank on that. That's what taking care of customers is about providing what they want when they want it.
What a load of horse shit go back to c6g

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Not every customer. I sure as hell didn't pay an ADM. Get "your" facts straight, because "you're " wrong.
He’s just bitter bc he can’t find one without adm. If you want them when first released you need to put some work in to find it. If not just wait for 2021 or 2022. It will be much easier.

I’ll own my Shelby for 2-3 years like I did with my GT350. If the rumors are true for the Zo6, I’m trading up. That can’t be beat for the price. I’m not brand loyal, I go for what I like.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
He’s just bitter bc he can’t find one without adm. If you want them when first released you need to put some work in to find it. If not just wait for 2021 or 2022. It will be much easier.

I’ll own my Shelby for 2-3 years like I did with my GT350. If the rumors are true for the Zo6, I’m trading up. That can’t be beat for the price. I’m not brand loyal, I go for what I like.
If and when the c8 z06 arrives in the next 1-3 years, I would assume it will start with a price $90k-$100k...add the million options like the c8 z51 and you will be up to $150k in no time, and it is not crazy to assume it not true either. So unless you are comparing a fully loaded CFTP GT500 at the price and can afford $100k+, the GT500 with its performance at the base trim is a better buy in terms of performance vs cost between the 2.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
If and when the c8 z06 arrives in the next 1-3 years, I would assume it will start with a price $90k-$100k...add the million options like the c8 z51 and you will be up to $150k in no time, and it is not crazy to assume it not true either. So unless you are comparing a fully loaded CFTP GT500 at the price and can afford $100k+, the GT500 with its performance at the base trim is a better buy in terms of performance vs cost between the 2.
Base price won’t be much higher than what it is now. I buy my cars base. These cars are pretty loaded as is already. Most options are a loss on resale anyways.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Most options are a loss on resale anyways.
MS: Different strokes, as always. I don't consider resale value when I'm ordering options. I get what I want so I can enjoy it.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Base price won’t be much higher than what it is now. I buy my cars base. These cars are pretty loaded as is already. Most options are a loss on resale anyways.
GM has already said the 2021 c8 base price will be higher I'm betting at least 3 grand higher.

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I have probably owned more GT500's and Mustangs then most of you not all I'm sure. I've been to Fords 100 birthday in 2003 in Dearborn and have loved my Mustangs. My first Cobra was a 1996 SVT so I go back a long way on high performance Mustangs and I'm no chevy fanboy by any means. I'm just stating I like the way Chevy markets their high end performance cars better. I have never owned a Corvette and probably never will I just like the way Chevy does their business model better on their High end performance cars. With Chevy at least all can enjoy their top end performance models, since they don't limit the market. I'am just tired of the running around trying to get a GT500. I work hard to get my money should not have to work hard to buy a car I really love and thats my view. I just enjoy driving cars not as hey look at me mines rare and you cant get one. I buy them for the the fun factor. I have had every model year GT500 since 2007 to 2014 as the original owner. I'm register on Shelby as original owners of those GT500's. So I know the game in getting GT500's. I just don't want to put the effort in any more and like Chevy's business model better of letting you have it if you want it and that's just me! I like to look at things and if one way brings more joy to more people then that's something I like. I'm not into exclusive club things. I just buy things because I like something and I like the GT500's. I just don't want the hassle of dealing with the dealers anymore. I'am not going to argue any more on this because some just want to argue. Fanboys always want to argue and never can admit that maybe the way another company is doing it is better than the company they Worship. I believe in taking care of your loyal customers and giving them all what they want and that's my IMHO. That's my 2012, 2013, 2014, 50th anniversary and my 2011 which was called the water moccasin by my buddy because it was in flood at his house. I love my Mustangs and love sharing them with others. I daily drive them and they never been garage queens. Just cause I don't agree with you does not make me the enemy or troll. Cant we just agree to disagree.

And V00D00 I'm glad it was so easy for you but when you live in a small state where locally there is only so many Dealers to deal with and the people you dealed with have moved on It can be a Hassle.

my 2012 and 2013 .JPG
2014 gt500.JPG
50th.JPG
2011.JPG

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Firstly, your cars are beautiful. It’s obvious that you love and enjoy your Mustang’s.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with debating and disagreeing with the way manufacturers decide to do their business. You are stating your opinions. People can either agree or disagree.

Lastly, the vitriol and name calling is not necessary. We are all car people and mostly Ford & Mustang people. We see and hear enough of this crap outside of our forum. Let’s try and keep things civil in our little world :handshake:

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I agree with you totally and thxs love my Mustangs just was hoping to add 2020 GT500. But all may not be lost just have to go out of state, its a maybe will see. It just seems that you get attack here if you if you state something you think Ford could change and for me it would be better if they copied how GM markets their High performance cars. Because to me the GT500 is really not a Shelby, but only in name, since its made on a mass production line. If your want a real Shelby buy a boutique car from Shelby in Las Vegas to me thats a real Shelby. To me the GT500 is a Mustang with the GT500 package because its made on a mass production line so treat it as such. The Old Shelby's were never produced at the Mustang Factory. They were made in California First, then Michigan and finally at Las Vegas by Shelby motors. It is what it is

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
MS: Different strokes, as always. I don't consider resale value when I'm ordering options. I get what I want so I can enjoy it.
I've never regretted getting extra options, but have for +not+ a few times. I've even gotten a few I didn't consider (i.e., buying a car from the lot), but was glad, and they became "must haves" on the next car. It does get a bit crazy, this every option 2019 GT convertible I have was close to a $60K MRSP. SIXTY THOUSAND for a GT convertible ...

I'm just stating I like the way Chevy markets their high end performance cars better.
Well, it's a bit Apples vs. Pears, in that Ford wraps their high end offerings into a package that includes a "collectible" namesake, while GM doesn't have a property like Shelby. Ford performance Mustangs are so intertwined with that co-branding.

We had this discussion in this area about a non-Shelby flavor of the GT500, like offer a more limited "Shelby Edition", the collectors could get their cobra badged car, some extra goodies, etc., and the people who just want the car without the Shelby surcharge could pay less, not be as prone to have to deal with ADM.

Enjoyed the pics.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I agree with you totally and thxs love my Mustangs just was hoping to add 2020 GT500. But all may not be lost just have to go out of state, its a maybe will see. It just seems that you get attack here if you if you state something you think Ford could change and for me it would be better if they copied how GM markets their High performance cars. Because to me the GT500 is really not a Shelby, but only in name, since its made on a mass production line. If your want a real Shelby buy a boutique car from Shelby in Las Vegas to me thats a real Shelby. To me the GT500 is a Mustang with the GT500 package because its made on a mass production line so treat it as such. The Old Shelby's were never produced at the Mustang Factory. They were made in California First, then Michigan and finally at Las Vegas by Shelby motors. It is what it is
Man, you are all over the place from stating how poorly Ford marketing policy is to now stating that the GT500 is really not a Shelby because they are produced on a mass production line.

If your 2007 to 2014 GT500's are not real Shelby's why did you mention on another post that you registered them with Shelby American if they were not really Shelby's?

As far as "Old Shelby's" which I assume you are referring to the 1965 to 1970 MY's I hope that you realize that one of the main reasons for the 1968 to 1970 Shelby's to be moved to Livonia, Michigan was because Ford wanted control of production for the '68 to '70 GT350 and GT500 production and that was because the SA team at LAX did not have mass production capabilities after which time ~7600 Shelby's were produced over the last two years of production with a small number of 1969 models being rebadged for the 1970 MY and without any influence from the SA team.

With that being the case are you telling of us that the 1968 to 1970 GT350's and GT500's are not real Shelby vehicles either?

Over those years of buying the first new generation GT500's did you not build up any sort of working relationship with a particular Ford dealership which could be leveraged with respect to purchasing a new 2020 GT500?

Did you not know like the rest of us when the launch of the new GT500 was to take place and if so maybe you should have started inquiring about one of these new cars very early on in order to have a chance to secure an allocation?

It amazes me that for someone that has owned all MY's of the first generation GT500's that they do not know what it takes in order to secure a 2020 GT500!

Simply put it takes a lot of hard work, time, effort and some luck in order to secure one of these great cars and suggest that you just ask pretty much any of the members on this forum as to what they had to do in order to secure their GT500's..

Maybe quit whining about Ford's marketing policy because it isn't going to change after 55 years and get out there like the rest of us and secure yourself a new GT500!

:sunglasses:

Last edited:

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Their could be new info coming out soon regarding the cars weight, and it appears as of now the 4,225lb could be false. Someone with good inside info and is reputable on these forums. Anything less than 4,200 is a huge win imo.

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
replay to PP0001

Man, you are all over the place from stating how poorly Ford marketing policy is to now stating that the GT500 is really not a Shelby because they are produced on a mass production line.
Answer
Never said Ford marketing policy was bad. I stated I like GM's better. Its just this time Ford's policy worked against me with things I had no control over. The cars I bought I liked it did not matter to me if it said Shelby are not. If they would have been called Cobra's like the 2003 I had, I would have bought them and enjoyed them all the same. The Shelby name was a plus don't get me wrong with all the history behind it. Its always a dream to own a Shelby especially for a Mustang fan.

With that being the case are you telling of us that the 1968 to 1970 GT350's and GT500's are not real Shelby vehicles either?
Answer

They where made on a totally different Line then the regular Mustangs in Ionia, Michigan the building was owned by Shelby not Ford. Also Shelby was calling the shots, so yes they are real Shelby's. The 2007 to 2014 to me where just Shelby's in name with some input from Shelby he gave Ford his blessing to make them. Without his blessing the GT500 would have been a Cobra. Ford does not own the Shelby name.

Over those years of buying the first new generation GT500's did you not build up any sort of working relationship with a particular Ford dealership which could be leveraged with respect to purchasing a new 2020 GT500?
Answer
Yes I did have a working relationship, but when the one's your working with move on and dealer has a GM change and Owner that all goes out door and your back to square one. I still have a good relation with the Old GM he is now running a Dodge store and he offered me a hell of deal on a Red Eye or Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio just did not take him up on that since I really wanted a new Mustang. That Alfa was really temping its a hell of a car got drive it over the weekend. That Alfa is one hell of a car it will put a smile on your face.

Did you not know like the rest of us when the launch of the new GT500 was to take place and if so maybe you should have started inquiring about one of these new cars very early on in order to have a chance to secure an allocation?
Answer
Yes I did things change stuff falls through the cracks and that's that.

It amazes me that for someone that has owned all MY's of the first generation GT500's that they do not know what it takes in order to secure a 2020 GT500!
Answer
So be amazed, lucks not always in the cards people move on things change such is the luck of life.

I'm not going talk about it on here no more you all have a good time enjoying your cars. I may just get one next year if I can't find one this late in the game. If any of you having any info where i can get one that would be a
nice just PM me.
Sponsored