A10 Swap in 19 Bullitt

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
The way they should have OFFERED it . Now it will atleast be fast !!!! and Different !!
I am sorry that the car is not working out for you. I am also excited to see what Frankenstein monster comes out of this. But I do not think it should ever be offered in auto #McQueen
I was so disgusted today with lack of good shops to do it that I Decided today to sell it or trade it in .most likely on a bmw M240ix or somthing along those lines i am still looking at my options ..I would have gone thorough with it But i am tired and stressed out from this car ,I now have a decent payment on somthing im not driving and i cant justify keeping a car im not using just to have it /actually more like not Enjoying !!!
Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I was so disgusted today with lack of good shops to do it that I Decided today to sell it or trade it in .most likely on a bmw M240ix or somthing along those lines i am still looking at my options ..I would have gone thorough with it But i am tired and stressed out from this car ,I now have a decent payment on somthing im not driving and i cant justify keeping a car im not using just to have it /actually more like not Enjoying !!!
I would offer to trade up to / buy yours for magnaride, but I already have 2.7k on mine and... I really want to see the 3H build through.

As for the tranny work, did your ford place refuse to drop one in? I know it is more involved that that, but I would think that they would try to at least work with you on this. Especially if you are willing to pay the 10k to toss the A-10 in. Hell it should be even easier for them as they can order a new A-10 direct. You could then flip the mt-82 for about 3k-4k on ebay.
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/new-transmissions/automatic-transmission-assy-6485679-1

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would offer to trade up to / buy yours for magnaride, but I already have 2.7k on mine and... I really want to see the 3H build through.

As for the tranny work, did your ford place refuse to drop one in? I know it is more involved that that, but I would think that they would try to at least work with you on this. Especially if you are willing to pay the 10k to toss the A-10 in. Hell it should be even easier for them as they can order a new A-10 direct. You could then flip the mt-82 for about 3k-4k on ebay.
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/new-transmissions/automatic-transmission-assy-6485679-1
yours doesnt have magneride ...i thought all the bullitts had magneride ,thought only option was recaros which in my opinion is a step back as you loose heated and cooled seats and 3 memory and power adjustable .. not to mention at 6'1 215 pound with a god size lats i do not fit well as others have mentioned !!!

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
yours doesn't have magneride ...i thought all the bullitts had magneride ,thought only option was recaros which in my opinion is a step back as you loose heated and cooled seats and 3 memory and power adjustable .. not to mention at 6'1 215 pound with a god size lats i do not fit well as others have mentioned !!!
They come equipped like a premium packaged pp1. Magnaride & Bullitt Electronics are optional. Both may as well have been standard because most car dealers only carried a maxed out version. The closest dealer that even had a bullitt was 150miles away, and my dealer had to trade a gt350 to get them to let go of it. I requested non-magna because I worried about the upkeep of the tech past 10 years. Especially as the sensors are hard mounted to... everything!

Since I was coming from a focus I did not think that the loss of magna would be a horrible thing. I should have test drove the actual vehicle on some farm roads before accepting delivery, but...

IT WAS SOOO PRETTY. I was blinded by how beautiful it was (is).

The salesman was yapping on about this and that and all I could think was, "These fools gave ME a stang; I need to sneak out the back before they realize what they have done."

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Your cheapest option might be a lyrica prescription but if you get the A10 swap kit for $5k I would estimate $1.5-2k for labor and incidentals.

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Well, how do you like your new BMW?The reason I ask is my wife has a BMW X3 and is her favorite ride ever.

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
@revinto7

Dude.

I hear you about pains/tingling (neuropathy), but there are some great options. I grew up on boards, bikes, practicing MA, and still bust out the occasional stick if the waves are busting, and I do quite a few things to help control/mitigate the grind of life :)

Anyway, if you dig on the Mustang experience, stick with a Mustang. I just traded my '16 GT convertible Perf Pack (all options), being a S550.1, the PP meant a manual, it was fun, I came to it from a couple of decades of only driving manuals. But I got to where I wanted to have fun, go quick, own something my [hot] wife could drive, so I'm now in a '19 GT convertible, Perf Pack with the A10. It's a blast :D Car is fully loaded: 401a, S&S, B&O, Active Exhaust, Magneride - it's __so__ good, suspension is perfect mix of performance and cruise-ability, AE is super slick (for the first time ever, I'm leaving the exhaust as-is). The A10 is a blast, tap of the shifter and it goes from shifts you can't feel to rev matching, neck snapping shifts like it has a shift kit.

I guess my point is the S550.2 GTs with the A10 is a blast, and the other attributes that make the GT so kickass are still present. The Bullitt is kind of cool, but I think if you're a V8/muscle performance kind of guy, the BMW will be very disappointing. I've owned a few, I get the appeal of cars like the M2, I could've bought one during either GT purchase, and I even came back to the GT a second time (and this is only my second Ford ever, I'm very brand agnostic).

Trade the Bullitt, or sell it here, shop a replacement A10 GT, enjoy the shit out it ... and feel better. :rockon:

Your cheapest option might be a lyrica prescription but if you get the A10 swap kit for $5k I would estimate $1.5-2k for labor and incidentals.
... or some home grown remedy :D

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
Back in the day I had my 2000 WS6 TA and wanted an auto fir my drag racing,.
I found someone local that wanted a manual so we did the swap so each car had everything needed.
All we had to pay was labor
Only cost about 2k for me and 2k for the other guy

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@revinto7

Dude.

I hear you about pains/tingling (neuropathy), but there are some great options. I grew up on boards, bikes, practicing MA, and still bust out the occasional stick if the waves are busting, and I do quite a few things to help control/mitigate the grind of life :)

Anyway, if you dig on the Mustang experience, stick with a Mustang. I just traded my '16 GT convertible Perf Pack (all options), being a S550.1, the PP meant a manual, it was fun, I came to it from a couple of decades of only driving manuals. But I got to where I wanted to have fun, go quick, own something my [hot] wife could drive, so I'm now in a '19 GT convertible, Perf Pack with the A10. It's a blast :D Car is fully loaded: 401a, S&S, B&O, Active Exhaust, Magneride - it's __so__ good, suspension is perfect mix of performance and cruise-ability, AE is super slick (for the first time ever, I'm leaving the exhaust as-is). The A10 is a blast, tap of the shifter and it goes from shifts you can't feel to rev matching, neck snapping shifts like it has a shift kit.

I guess my point is the S550.2 GTs with the A10 is a blast, and the other attributes that make the GT so kickass are still present. The Bullitt is kind of cool, but I think if you're a V8/muscle performance kind of guy, the BMW will be very disappointing. I've owned a few, I get the appeal of cars like the M2, I could've bought one during either GT purchase, and I even came back to the GT a second time (and this is only my second Ford ever, I'm very brand agnostic).

Trade the Bullitt, or sell it here, shop a replacement A10 GT, enjoy the shit out it ... and feel better. :rockon:

... or some home grown remedy :D
I have an A10 PP 2018 301A in royal crimson and A 2020 M340ix 376/367 with a tune it makes 430/420 its a Blast !! those are for my Fiance My vehicles are 2019 F150 EB 10 speed 3.55s with a JB4 Tuner and this Bullitt that I need to Ditch !!! thing is i cant afford to take a 10 or 12k LOSS so i am probably just going to put it on jack stands and disconnect the battery !! when my truck lease is up in 2 yrs i will give it back and trade in the bullitt for another car !!! by that time it will break even !!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Ummm... We can't fix financial issues...

Sponsored
OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ummm... We can't fix financial issues...
No one asked you too!!! I can technically afford to do what i want, i refuse to take a bath on a 1 month old car .so i will figure out how to remedy my dilemma

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
No one asked you too!!! I can technically afford to do what i want, i refuse to take a bath on a 1 month old car .so i will figure out how to remedy my dilemma
Swap an auto into the Bullitt and sell the 18.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
thing is i cant afford to take a 10 or 12k LOSS so i am probably just going to put it on jack stands and disconnect the battery !! when my truck lease is up in 2 yrs i will give it back and trade in the bullitt for another car !!! by that time it will break even !!
I can technically afford to do what i want
Ummmmm. K.

Love the Royal Crimson BTW. Nice color.

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ummmmm. K.

Love the Royal Crimson BTW. Nice color.