Sponsored

A10 Swap in 19 Bullitt

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Looking to swap the A10 into my 19 Bullitt what is needed ..can it be done ..
Sponsored

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep like the OCEAN!!! LOL

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Look on eBay - you can get the entire “swap” which includes the 10R80, shifter mechanism, proper harnesses, driveshaft, plus applicable trans modules. Not sure if the pedal set is included but you will need that as well.

Once you get the hardware swap completed you will then need to do multiple software updates to the vehicle.

Oh and if you’re doing it - document it here with pics and the process, it will surely benefit others.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Is this one of those cases where it may be easier to start with an A10 GT and respray and add parts to turn into a Bullitt-alike? Cosmetic stuff is usually a lot less potential grief than electronics....

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Is this one of those cases where it may be easier to start with an A10 GT and respray and add parts to turn into a Bullitt-alike? Cosmetic stuff is usually a lot less potential grief than electronics....
OP indicates that he already has a real Bullitt so for him it might be easier to swap out the tranny. Honestly I wonder why someone hasn’t already done this. The only thing that kept me out of one was the 6 speed, bad knee. I’m sure there are others. Building a fake Bullitt just wouldn’t be the same.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The cutting edge is the bleeding edge. It can be done.

It will cost you a pound of flesh though. Very interested to see a write up.

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP indicates that he already has a real Bullitt so for him it might be easier to swap out the tranny. Honestly I wonder why someone hasn’t already done this. The only thing that kept me out of one was the 6 speed, bad knee. I’m sure there are others. Building a fake Bullitt just wouldn’t be the same.
I Have an 18 301A A10 PP royal crimson with 1200 miles -And I went and bought a Bullitt love the color and its loaded but my left foot and leg are bothering me i Have Diabetes and my foot gets numb i cant feel the clutch on bad days it feels like i have ICY HoT muscle rub on my foot . I only have this car a month it pisses me off i would not have bought it if i knew the clutch was going to bother me this bad have not had a manual in 5 years so i had no idea untill i drove it for an hour or 2 for first week ..267 miles on it now i can only drive it 25 -30 min at a time and im not taking a 10k loss on a new car !!!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I Have an 18 301A A10 PP royal crimson with 1200 miles -And I went and bought a Bullitt love the color and its loaded but my left foot and leg are bothering me i Have Diabetes and my foot gets numb i cant feel the clutch on bad days it feels like i have ICY HoT muscle rub on my foot . I only have this car a month it pisses me off i would not have bought it if i knew the clutch was going to bother me this bad have not had a manual in 5 years so i had no idea untill i drove it for an hour or 2 for first week ..267 miles on it now i can only drive it 25 -30 min at a time and im not taking a 10k loss on a new car !!!
I feel your pain, both figuratively and literally. I test drove one and found the clutch relatively light but after a short time realized that I just couldn’t do it. You might want to checkout the Steeda clutch spring. Many here on the forum swear by it. Good luck.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-7022-s550-clutch-spring

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel your pain, both figuratively and literally. I test drove one and found the clutch relatively light but after a short time realized that I just couldn’t do it. You might want to checkout the Steeda clutch spring. Many here on the forum swear by it. Good luck.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-7022-s550-clutch-spring
i appreciate it . Its not a heavy clutch thats not the problem its the burning and numbness ,i actually tryed to see if the dealer would take the car back with a 2500$ loss with only 34 miles on the car the next day but they were like nope we will give you 44k I almost drove it through the showroom . If my I had someone to take care of my Dog i would have !!!

Sponsored

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
You're going to have more than $10k in a trans swap. Taking it back to the dealer will be the cheapest option.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Looking to swap the A10 into my 19 Bullitt what is needed ..can it be done ..
I hear your pain, but jeez Steve Mcqueen is probably rolling over in his grave. Automatic? Man!

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear your pain, but jeez Steve Mcqueen is probably rolling over in his grave. Automatic? Man!
The way they should have OFFERED it . Now it will atleast be fast !!!! and Different !!

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
The way they should have OFFERED it . Now it will atleast be fast !!!! and Different !!
I am sorry that the car is not working out for you. I am also excited to see what Frankenstein monster comes out of this. But I do not think it should ever be offered in auto #McQueen
Sponsored