Sponsored

Is it just me "Owning a Supercharged Mustang"

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Without going over the top .. What tiers would you recommend ?
Just like you I’m supercharged. I got the Nitto dr’s and absolutely love it because they hooked really well. The only reason I got these dr’s because I wanted to make sure my car stays planted. Not just spinning all over the United States and I feel safer every time I go wot. I planning to get some street tires and mod the suspension. The only thing I don’t like is every time I go wot, I might leave my rear axle one day because of dr’s.
Sponsored

Matt-23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Race Red
Hey Mate
I'm in QLD and have a 17 stage 2 Whipple running on E85, I'm was having the same issue as you are however I got a custom tune from Palm Beach Dyno and it sorted out a lot of that problem. My tuner was Rob and it was all done over emails and there was heaps of talk between the two of us, just tell him what you want. I also went to a 20inch 295 rear tyre and that also helps when hot but when cold forget about it. There is a lot a tuner can do, I data logged 70kph to 160kpm in just over 5 seconds and I still have some things I need to sort out

Edit - tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, what rear gear do you have ?

OP
OP
Western Stang

Western Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ado
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looking through
I'm running MP4S right now on mine and they grip really good after 2nd gear is done. Any summer tire is going to have a rough time but if you're using the stock pirellis you might as well have bars of soap for tires. You can move to DRs but then you're risking breaking stuff.

Right now the tires are your fusible link, if the tires stick like glue you're going to find out what the next one is with the torque these kits put out.
Awesome info mate Michelin's it is then

OP
OP
Western Stang

Western Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ado
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Mate
I'm in QLD and have a 17 stage 2 Whipple running on E85, I'm was having the same issue as you are however I got a custom tune from Palm Beach Dyno and it sorted out a lot of that problem. My tuner was Rob and it was all done over emails and there was heaps of talk between the two of us, just tell him what you want. I also went to a 20inch 295 rear tyre and that also helps when hot but when cold forget about it. There is a lot a tuner can do, I data logged 70kph to 160kpm in just over 5 seconds and I still have some things I need to sort out

Edit - tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Matt ....cheers bud...
your information is invaluable and defiantly will be used going forward....

Sponsored

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
3.31 standard gear
Oh ok. That’s probably the best gear for boosted on the 2017. I thought maybe you had 3.73 or lower. Tires are definitely your issue then.

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all you Mustang enthusiasts.. Just wanted to share an experience i've noticed after installing a SC to my 2017 GT.

Sometimes It feels like I've been given a heap of Christmas presents that i'll never quite get the chance to fully unwrap ...lol.
The extra power is just ... insane but in a good but frustrating way..

Trying to get a fast controllable launch from a stand still is an art in its self.

Trying to accelerate as hard as possible while rolling along a 60km without smoking the tires.. While the car next to me just plants his foot an accelerates away..

Don't get me wrong i absolutely love the SC but ... i'm interested to know if this a shared love/hate relationship with you guys
Having a supercharger is fun, but to get a balanced car the drives like a cross between a high end corner carver and to be be quick at the light requires quite a few upgrades.

A stock Mustang GT comes with 9" wide tires, no getting past that, a set of GT350 wheels and tires gives you 10" wide up front and 11"" wide out back.

A set of progressive rate lowering springs brings down the center of gravity.

Then a one piece drive shaft, carbon fiber, reduces rotating mass by 11lbs.

To handle the extra power a McLeod twin disk RXT clutch kit is also highly recommended. I only got 10,000 miles from a stock unit with only three passes in one day at a drag strip, in the 10,000 of the SC install.

And a big brake upgrade rounds out a basic overall performance upgrade the take you from a muscle car to to true world class gt touring car.

It is safe to say I have gone overboard building out my car at around $32,000 in parts, and $25,000 in buying the car, but the feeling of going 185mph down an empty highway confidently is priceless. And surpassing the performance of $200,000 sports cars and seein their owners expressions goes beyond priceless.
20190629_164538.jpg
20190629_143338.jpg
20190530_191104.jpg
20190530_191241.jpg

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Having a supercharger is fun, but to get a balanced car the drives like a cross between a high end corner carver and to be be quick at the light requires quite a few upgrades.

A stock Mustang GT comes with 9" wide tires, no getting past that, a set of GT350 wheels and tires gives you 10" wide up front and 11"" wide out back.

A set of progressive rate lowering springs brings down the center of gravity.

Then a one piece drive shaft, carbon fiber, reduces rotating mass by 11lbs.

To handle the extra power a McLeod twin disk RXT clutch kit is also highly recommended. I only got 10,000 miles from a stock unit with only three passes in one day at a drag strip, in the 10,000 of the SC install.

And a big brake upgrade rounds out a basic overall performance upgrade the take you from a muscle car to to true world class gt touring car.

It is safe to say I have gone overboard building out my car at around $32,000 in parts, and $25,000 in buying the car, but the feeling of going 185mph down an empty highway confidently is priceless. And surpassing the performance of $200,000 sports cars and seein their owners expressions goes beyond priceless.
20190629_164538.jpg
20190629_143338.jpg
20190530_191104.jpg
20190530_191241.jpg
Nice Set up, what did you go with in your Recaros, looking to get mine reupholstered.

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Set up, what did you go with in your Recaros, looking to get mine reupholstered.
Go to Autoseatskins.com, you can configure them just about any way you want. Mine ran about $1,200.00 and that was for the front and rear seats. They can't embroider the RECARO logo, lincense issues, so I used Ford Racing emblems from Ebay instead.

Reactions: Zay

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Boosted can be a hand full ended up with whole bunch of rear suspension stuff . The biggest gains in getting to hook where the nitto nt05 @ 305/30/20 and the Viking shocks .
20190818_112103.jpg
20190817_110250.jpg
20190817_110232.jpg
20190609_103316.jpg

OP
OP
Western Stang

Western Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ado
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
love the roll cage

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 with a Roush SC but done the pulley, injectors, pump and rails and I cannot go even past half accelerator without spinning from a launch. I need to get to about 60-70kmh before I can stomp it, and even then it has spun.

I am getting the IRS Bracers put in shortly as this will help alot in keeping the rear planted and when I dissolve the current tyres I will upgrade the wheels and tyres all round.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Hi all you Mustang enthusiasts.. Just wanted to share an experience i've noticed after installing a SC to my 2017 GT.

Sometimes It feels like I've been given a heap of Christmas presents that i'll never quite get the chance to fully unwrap ...lol.
The extra power is just ... insane but in a good but frustrating way..

Trying to get a fast controllable launch from a stand still is an art in its self.

Trying to accelerate as hard as possible while rolling along a 60km without smoking the tires.. While the car next to me just plants his foot an accelerates away..

Don't get me wrong i absolutely love the SC but ... i'm interested to know if this a shared love/hate relationship with you guys
Get some better tires and coilovers.
Soften the rear shocks... That Will take care of alot of your traction issues

Power is useless without traction but hey if it makes u giggle like a school girl at a bieber concert thats cool too

OP
OP
Western Stang

Western Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ado
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
TehEno

Thanks for that .. looking through the comments so far... It'll be wise move to purchase a better set of tires and IRS set up like this ?
upload_2019-9-9_10-51-48.png
Sponsored