Sponsored

Do you know of any company that makes Custom Sized Car Covers???

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
With the GURNEY FLAP sticking out a couple of "EXTRA INCHES" on the rear I don't know if the car cover from Ford for the $395.00 will fit without bending my Gurney Flap. Does anyone know of a good company that could make me a custom fit car cover?????
Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Similar question, i was told that if you put a car cover on you risk scratches and your car is "no longer a collectible". This seems crazy to me.

Side note i plan on paint correction and ceramic coating.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Similar question, i was told that if you put a car cover on you risk scratches and your car is "no longer a collectible". This seems crazy to me.

Side note i plan on paint correction and ceramic coating.
You will get scratches if the car is outside with a car cover.
Should be fine if it is indoors.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks, I will be keeping this beauty in the garage but I bought the car cover just in case.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
In line with this question is the cover in the GT500 options available outside of ordering thru/with the car itself? I likely wont use it, and don't want a $400 cover sitting in the trunk. My thought was surely the same cover(unbranded) or better cover is available from a car cover mfgr for cheaper? I don't want one either way just wondering.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
With the GURNEY FLAP sticking out a couple of "EXTRA INCHES" on the rear I don't know if the car cover from Ford for the $395.00 will fit without bending my Gurney Flap. Does anyone know of a good company that could make me a custom fit car cover?????
I suggest that you reach out to Covercraft and ask for the Form-Fit car cover.

Have owned a number of them and they are the best car covers that I have ever owned.

Been around a long time and use some sort of material similar to spandex and a superior quality product compared to the Ford car covers.

:)
DSCF2391.JPG
JW Pictures 6.jpg

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
It looks like Cover King is who makes the custom satin stretch car cover. I bet if you ordered the handling package, the car cover will also be for the handling package. I ordered one with the track pack option. I hope it is made to fit the big wing and the splitter wickers.

https://www.coverking.com/amp/indoor-satin-stretch-car-cover-for-2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500.html

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I suggest that you reach out to Covercraft and ask for the Form-Fit car cover.

Have owned a number of them and they are the best car covers that I have ever owned.

Been around a long time and use some sort of material similar to spandex and a superior quality product compared to the Ford car covers.

:)
DSCF2391.JPG
JW Pictures 6.jpg
A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY. I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH HOLLY AT "COVERCRAFT" and told her the whole story about the GURNEY FLAP and we collectively came up with the idea of making the rear part longer by 2" to accomadate the rear gurney flap. I went with the "FORM-FIT" in RED. Again, I say THANK YOU TO ALL. I ALSO WANT TO SAY THAT I FIND ALL YOU GUYS GREAT!!!!!!! IAM AN "OLD DUFFER" WHO JUST HAPPENS TO LOVE PASSIONATELY MUSCLE CARS. My first one ever was a 1966 GTO with "3 DEUCES". I should have never sold that baby.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
@ChuckXX I have been thinking about ordering a car cover that will accommodate the gurney flap. Has yours been delivered? Who did you talk to get get it ordered to fit the flap?

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
Yea PP, uncover those babies and post the pic.
So I was told to not use a car cover because it would scratch the paint during the process of getting it on and taking it off.
I purchased an OEM cause it was convenient but didnt plan on using it.
Thoughts? Experiences?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Yea PP, uncover those babies and post the pic.
So I was told to not use a car cover because it would scratch the paint during the process of getting it on and taking it off.
I purchased an OEM cause it was convenient but didnt plan on using it.
Thoughts? Experiences?
I have been using car covers my whole life and have not had an issue but have seen where some cars over the years can have some wear on the front and back of the car and such was the case of my good friends 1967 Plymouth GTX as some of the original paint had some worn spots but that was certainly an exception and not the rule.

The Covercraft Form-Fit car covers that I really like are very soft to the touch and feel just like a flannel blanket on my cars and cannot see any issues when using the brand and model of car cover.

One thing that I would never recommend is putting a car cover on a dirty or soiled car and can tell you that I will never put a car cover on any of my cars if they are not clean and detailed.

I can say that car covers have helped save many of my cars over the years and everything from bird droppings, to acid rain, harmful UV rays and people who accidently bump or rub up against one of my vehicles. I love car covers and especially good ones and encourage you to consider using one for you new cool car.

The cars under the car covers were a 2015 SB GT350 Track Pack car, a 2017 Ruby Red GT350 Base R and a 2012 Pilot Production Boss 302 namely PP0002. The other two Pilot Production Boss 302's (2012 LS and 2013 PW) now reside with great friends of mine as I recently sold off many of my cars due to getting older, hoping to retire and moving out to Arizona with only a 2 car garage space now. I even sold my wife's Type R before we moved and it was a pretty cool 4 door hot rod.

The Ruby Red GT350R "HR019" and the PW 2012 Boss 302 "PP0002" now reside with one of my best friends up in Pennsylvania but I still own the Shadow Black GT350 and Shadow Black GT350R.

:wink:
JW Pictures 3.jpg
DSCF0765.JPG

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
Thats an amazing stable of cars, since I am still new to the Mustang scene I am still learning about all the significant cars include the Boss 302s. There are so many nuances to learn but I appreciate cool gentlemen like yourself, Chuck,Voodoo and Tomster to help this newbie learn.

Also since I am also in PA I will keep my eyes open for the cars you sold on the road or the car shows in the area.

Thanks as always for your insight and knowledge.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
@ChuckXX I have been thinking about ordering a car cover that will accommodate the gurney flap. Has yours been delivered? Who did you talk to get get it ordered to fit the flap?
Sorry, Timmer for being so "tardy" with my reply. I don't check the site everyday now that everybody has their cars on order and patiently waiting. Yes, like Harry said I did receive my car cover from "Covercraft" and it was the "Custom Form Fit". I just called the company and explained to them that I have on order a 2020 Shelby GT500 and with the Gurney Flap its going to be bigger than the 2019 GT350. The gal I talked to suggested that since its a "Custom job" that we make it 2" longer on the rear of the car. I said sounds good and lets do it. Now here's the "rub". I obviously don't have the car yet and so hence I have NO CLUE if its really going to even work. It wasn't cheap as you know so if it doesn't work when the car comes in I guess I will be ordering a 2nd car cover from "somebody". I hate wasting money but I guess I've done dumber things in my lifetime. LOL

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Sorry, Timmer for being so "tardy" with my reply. I don't check the site everyday now that everybody has their cars on order and patiently waiting. Yes, like Harry said I did receive my car cover from "Covercraft" and it was the "Custom Form Fit". I just called the company and explained to them that I have on order a 2020 Shelby GT500 and with the Gurney Flap its going to be bigger than the 2019 GT350. The gal I talked to suggested that since its a "Custom job" that we make it 2" longer on the rear of the car. I said sounds good and lets do it. Now here's the "rub". I obviously don't have the car yet and so hence I have NO CLUE if its really going to even work. It wasn't cheap as you know so if it doesn't work when the car comes in I guess I will be ordering a 2nd car cover from "somebody". I hate wasting money but I guess I've done dumber things in my lifetime. LOL
Chuck, having had numerous Custom Form Fit car covers over the years and understanding the feel and how the fabric can adapt to the contour of my cars I am suggesting that your revised Custom Form Fit car cover is going to be just fine and that you will be very happy with the outcome.

:like::like:
Sponsored