BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
The EB stage 1 with the CARB tune looks to make around 610rwhp. My questions are mainly about drivability, overall loudness, and if anyone has had any kit related issues. Really like the price point and for my intended uses power is sufficient. My car is a 2016 PP car with the 3.73’s currently with FRPP2 and it is not enough, just has been a place holder for the time being.
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
The EB stage 1 with the CARB tune looks to make around 610rwhp. My questions are mainly about drivability, overall loudness, and if anyone has had any kit related issues. Really like the price point and for my intended uses power is sufficient. My car is a 2016 PP car with the 3.73’s currently with FRPP2 and it is not enough, just has been a place holder for the time being.
Driveability is pretty good. It drives stock with light throttle and turns into a beast at full throttle. My biggest complaint is everywhere in between 1/4-full throttle, it feels super lazy. I'm sure a tune will fix that but I haven't decided what tune/supporting mods I want to go with. Most reputable tuners are going to tell you to upgrade the injectors so keep that in mind. I got a great deal on my kit because it's the 2300 but if I was buying one now, I'd just kit the tuner kit since eventually your going to want to upgrade the tune/injectors anyway.

OP
OP
BenGTPP

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, I am in California so the Carb tune is a must to have for Smog. Could the “lazy” feeling have anything to do with the nitrous pill in one of the vacuum lines to smoothly apply boost. Pretty sure the 2650 puts down an additional 40-50 hp and tq as well. I agree having a second “off road use” tune will probably be in the mix after a while. The kits injectors look to only be 50lb/hr for both stage one and two. Some installers have said the injector/fuel rail assemblies are a PITA with this kit so don’t want to have to swap back and forth every two years for Smog. Thanks Braski.

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I started out with the Stage I kit a little over a year ago and recently upgraded the throttle body, intake, and injectors. From the beginning I used Lund for tuning. Removing the nitrous pill made a huge difference with part throttle drivability around town. As for loudness, you can barely hear the blower. I only have a catback exhaust on my car and I can barely hear the blower at all. The Edelbrock makes a lot of torque so I suggest running a drag radial if you want to make use of any of the new power. The only kit related issues I've heard about was the old IAT sensor, but that has recently changed over to the brass IAT sensor so that should have fixed the cold start issues for most people.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
We are car twins! I have a 16 White PP. The kit is pretty quiet. I do have a loud exhaust so that probably has something to do with it. Cars with stock exhaust can hear the blower a little. Its not obnoxious but you can hear it. The Carb Tune still runs great, we have installed many of these I don't see a problem with the calibration.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BenGTPP

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We are just like Arnold and DeVito! Awesome, looking for stealthy. With stage one, will I pull on stock Hellcats and ZL1’s is perhaps the biggest question not in the original post. Both are around 11.6 I believe. Anyone have a baseline stage 1 guess for 1/4 mile? Currently on 305/30/20 MP4S’ and a descent suspension setup. Currently able to get 1.7-1.8 60’ but wheelspin obviously would be greater post install. TIA

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
We are just like Arnold and DeVito! Awesome, looking for stealthy. With stage one, will I pull on stock Hellcats and ZL1’s is perhaps the biggest question not in the original post. Both are around 11.6 I believe. Anyone have a baseline stage 1 guess for 1/4 mile? Currently on 305/30/20 MP4S’ and a descent suspension setup. Currently able to get 1.7-1.8 60’ but wheelspin obviously would be greater post install. TIA
You will be right with a stock hellcat if you are running the smog friendly tune. ZL1s are beat by N/A 5.0s LOL. Stock Hellcats have ran 11.0-11.1.

OP
OP
BenGTPP

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dalton, thank you so much! Mid to low 11’s sounds perfect for a reliable weekend cruiser.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't hear my blower at all until I got a Cervini hood. Now I hear the whine if I'm 1/4 throttle or more...but it's still not like a Whipple.

I had a lot of trouble with the carb tune, but I'm also in KY which is like 450' higher elevation that Sacramento. All of EB's development happens out there, so it would probably be fine for you California guys. I don't think EB was BSing me when they told me their test cars didn't have the problems I was having (specifically surging during cruising throttle), so you'll probably be fine.

Here's the dyno from my car. I was 519/472 at the wheel on a Mustang dyno full stage 1 kit. A conservative tune woke it up to 589/550 wheel (ignoring the clutch slip peak) without changing anything else.

Blankenship Dyno Tune.jpg

OP
OP
BenGTPP

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Was that with the 2300 or the 2650?

Sponsored

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Mustang GT
The CARB legal tune is fine. The hesitation exists in part throttle, but I learned how to drive around it, not that big of a deal. The injectors are a huge pain in the ass to change out and I would say the hardest part of the install. I upgraded injectors on a stage 2 and aftermarket tune, but the easiest route and upgrade, I'd say, would be to do a stage 1 with an aftermarket tune, Lund or PBD, they seriously wake up the car because the EB tune is very conservative. Tunes can be swapped in and out within a few minutes from aftermarket and EB tune with nothing else other than the SCT tuner that comes in a CARB legal kit.

OP
OP
BenGTPP

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The CARB legal tune is fine. The hesitation exists in part throttle, but I learned how to drive around it, not that big of a deal. The injectors are a huge pain in the ass to change out and I would say the hardest part of the install. I upgraded injectors on a stage 2 and aftermarket tune, but the easiest route and upgrade, I'd say, would be to do a stage 1 with an aftermarket tune, Lund or PBD, they seriously wake up the car because the EB tune is very conservative. Tunes can be swapped in and out within a few minutes from aftermarket and EB tune with nothing else other than the SCT tuner that comes in a CARB legal kit.
I think that is going to be the plan. Just start with stage 1, then add a custom tune and use EB’s tune for smog purposes.

OP
OP
BenGTPP

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the stage 2 comes with a GT350 throttle body. I am currently running that with FRPP2. Assuming the TPS plug modifications would not be necessary if going with the stage 2 kit. Seeing 519hp at the wheels with stage 1
has me rethinking things. Might need @Edelbrock Tech to way in on the throttle body question. This forum truly is a great resource, thank you everyone for all of your help!

5had0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP M6
Should be a 103mm TB for stage 2. Along with the intake and 8 rib setup.
Sponsored