GT500 and GT350 on the Track

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
My takeaway, we now know why Vaughn Gittin Jr and Billy were so excited about this car. Was it he or Billy maybe that said the car drives like it’s 3500 lbs? Looks more and more like the weight isn’t the issue many have thought it would be.

Ford did it. They may have truly knocked it out of the park with this one. Matching Viper ACR’s is an insane accomplishment. But more importantly, it annihilates the ZL1 time by 6 seconds, and even beats the hallowed ZR1.

Ford = mic drop.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
My takeaway, we now know why Vaughn Gittin Jr and Billy were so excited about this car. Was it he or Billy maybe that said the car drives like it’s 3500 lbs? Looks more and more like the weight isn’t the issue many have thought it would be.

Ford did it. They may have truly knocked it out of the park with this one. Matching Viper ACR’s is an insane accomplishment. But more importantly, it annihilates the ZL1 time by 6 seconds, and even beats the hallowed ZR1.

Ford = mic drop.
Careful Dbags on svtp still.think the car is a failure, and we know how relevant they are these days

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
But but it's too heavy. It has the same size tire as the gt350r. It has worse weight distribution. How can it perform as good as a 800lb lighter viper with 355 tires and a bigger wing and carbon brakes on a small track??? The video must be sped up! That's impossible! Haha.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst

Ford = mic drop.
Let me bring you back down to earth, that zr1 time was the c6 zr1.
I mean cmon do you really think this car is quicker than a zr1? Be realistic, the only advantage this car has is the dct, because the a8 in the zr1 sucks. 35xx/36xx vs 4100. And only a 5hp difference. The zr1 also has wider tires.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Let me bring you back down to earth, that zr1 time was the c6 zr1.
I mean cmon do you really think this car is quicker than a zr1? Be realistic, the only advantage this car has is the dct, because the a8 in the zr1 sucks. 35xx/36xx vs 4100. And only a 5hp difference. The zr1 also has wider tires.
Ahh, good to know about the ZR1. I did not know that. Thanks for that info.

Despite that, if this car is truly running a 1:21:70, there is no disputing it’s fast, very fast.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh, good to know about the ZR1. I did not know that. Thanks for that info.

Despite that, if this car is truly running a 1:21:70, there is no disputing it’s fast, very fast.
Hell yeah, it hauls ass.

Im wondering why the two viper times are close, maybe the older viper ran on a freshly paved course? on other tracks they are several seconds apart.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
isnt the Viper ACR just as fast as the C7 ZR1?

I mean, like i said, the haters arent stopping hating just cause theres video of it

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
It appears the ZL1 it bests is also a gen5...

jcartwright734

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dream car
It appears the ZL1 it bests is also a gen5...
You Camaro guys are something else. They can’t start building them fast enough so I don’t have to read another smug comment about how great the current ZL1 is. Not debating the ZL1 isn’t great but I fully expect GT500 base > ZL1 and GT500 Carbon Track > ZL1 1LE. In typical Camaro guy fashion, I’m sure the goal posts will be moved to the C8.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
isnt the Viper ACR just as fast as the C7 ZR1?

I mean, like i said, the haters arent stopping hating just cause theres video of it
Stating facts isnt hating. Its impressive the gt500 hauls ass. Ford isnt doing this car enough justice if that time is correct. They should film it with lap time telemetry and let the media eat it up. It's a huge accomplishment to beat a car that is a hardcore track car. Especially given the weight difference.

You Camaro guys are something else. They can’t start building them fast enough so I don’t have to read another smug comment about how great the current ZL1 is. Not debating the ZL1 isn’t great but I fully expect GT500 base > ZL1 and GT500 Carbon Track > ZL1 1LE. In typical Camaro guy fashion, I’m sure the goal posts will be moved to the C8.
Lol, camaro guys? There is a huge difference between the gen 5 and 6 camaros, especially since the newer one is a 1le on a more powerful motor and lighter better chassis.
This is like someone posting up slower previous gen gt500 times and claiming the current zl1 1le to be that much faster.

I'm not on any side, but you guys are looking worse than the camaro guys.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Did you read my comment, or just that I have a ZLE before you flipped your shit? If you want to brag about beating a gen 5 ZL1 have at it buddy lol.

I have had 6 mustangs and am only in a camaro because my 350 was a gigantic pos. I now realize I just like fun cars...made by whoever can make them the most fun.

I do think the 500 is gonna beat the camaro variants, but not as bad as everyone was thinking, and as this list portrays.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Stating facts isnt hating. Its impressive the gt500 hauls ass. Ford isnt doing this car enough justice if that time is correct. They should film it with lap time telemetry and let the media eat it up. It's a huge accomplishment to beat a car that is a hardcore track car. Especially given the weight difference.

Lol, camaro guys? There is a huge difference between the gen 5 and 6 camaros, especially since the newer one is a 1le on a more powerful motor and lighter better chassis.
This is like someone posting up slower previous gen gt500 times and claiming the current zl1 1le to be that much faster.

I'm not on any side, but you guys are looking worse than the camaro guys.
Did you read my comment, or just that I have a ZLE before you flipped your shit? If you want to brag about beating a gen 5 ZL1 have at it buddy lol.

I have had 6 mustangs and am only in a camaro because my 350 was a gigantic pos. I now realize I just like fun cars...made by whoever can make them the most fun.

I do think the 500 is gonna beat the camaro variants, but not as bad as everyone was thinking, and as this list portrays.

Are you telling me the 2019 ZR1 isnt listed here,and thats not the same Acr and driver from gratton?

https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia-international-raceway-grand-east-course-post-01-2014

Please educate me

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Unsure what VIR has to do with it. I simply clicked on the ZL1 on the grattan list and it's a 5th gen. Looks like when ya click on the ZR1, it's a 6th gen(grattan list).

I don't think anyone is denying the 500 is fast, but it seemed a little like bragging about taking MJ to the hole when he played for the wizards.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
The 242pg "GT500 vs ZL1" thread on Camaro6 is now titled "GT500 vs ZL1 vs C8" :giggle::cwl:
Sponsored