Sponsored

MMD GT350 Style front lip

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I don't think there's room to mount the entire front splitter back but I cut my GT/CS splitter up and used the parts to fill the gaps between the IKON splitter and the outer mounting holes in belly pan. Nearly a year of DD and multiple track days with no issues. #mylastsplitter.
Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s not for everyone, but I for one love it. I was undecided and let some people talk me out of buying it. Then I saw one on a car in person and knew I had to have it. My car has the gt350 track pack spoiler so to me, the front lower portion of the car needed a more aggressive look. It is quite lengthy on the corners but I think it suits the car well and is perfect for what I was looking for
FB77C9E7-2E5A-4323-BCE6-0A7ED915932E.jpeg
946E997C-6E33-40CF-90A5-279E8B62A35E.jpeg

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I don't think there's room to mount the entire front splitter back but I cut my GT/CS splitter up and used the parts to fill the gaps between the IKON splitter and the outer mounting holes in belly pan. Nearly a year of DD and multiple track days with no issues. #mylastsplitter.
So you replaced the 350R style splitter with an IKON splitter? What's that look like? I'm still running the GT/CS splitter but have thought about the 350R style. Both look good.but I'm ready for something different.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
So you replaced the 350R style splitter with an IKON splitter? What's that look like? I'm still running the GT/CS splitter but have thought about the 350R style. Both look good.but I'm ready for something different.
Nope, sorry. Typing faster than I can think. I replaced my stock non-pp splitter with GT/CS splitter then later replaced that with the MMD GT350 style splitter.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, sorry. Typing faster than I can think. I replaced my stock non-pp splitter with GT/CS splitter then later replaced that with the MMD GT350 style splitter.
Thanks for the clarification. Seems the common theme with this GT350R splitter is that it requires some extra modifications to make it work.

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I didnā€™t have to modify anything to get mine to fit. It does leave a little to be desired as far as total coverage goes for underneath the car (factory one completely covers the entire area) but it bolts on in enough places that I donā€™t fear itā€™ll fall of or anything. I did a brief run up to 150 and it stayed on so it works for me

Edit; I drove the car today so I can get some pictures if anyoneā€™s interested

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didnā€™t have to modify anything to get mine to fit. It does leave a little to be desired as far as total coverage goes for underneath the car (factory one completely covers the entire area) but it bolts on in enough places that I donā€™t fear itā€™ll fall of or anything. I did a brief run up to 150 and it stayed on so it works for me

Edit; I drove the car today so I can get some pictures if anyoneā€™s interested
Some pics of the gaps that everyone refers to would be greatly appreciated. And of course AM is not giving any Labor Day discount on this splitter.

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah itā€™s held on there pretty good despite the corners not being mounted to anything. Iā€™ve had mine up to 150mph and it stayed on. That was a one time deal but I donā€™t know if Iā€™d trust it to stay on with repeated runs like that

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I cut the lip off my older GT/CS splitter and fitted it to fill the gaps. I had curbed my old splitter so no loss. So far the MMD splitter has held up to a road course track day and multiple drag strip days without fail.
Sponsored