M-9602-M 2018-19 MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE MAGNERIDE HANDLING PACK

OvalBlue26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Bullitt
Does anybody have the alignment specs for this kit? I seem to remember seeing it somewhere but it’s not in the instructions.

Last edited:

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Does anybody have the alignment specs for this kit? I seem to remember seeing it somewhere but it’s not in the instructions.
Here is the sheet they gave me when I picked up my car today. Does this help?
fullsizeoutput_f06.jpeg

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Installed my kit today. First off I already had the springs installed. However the difference the vdm flash made was significant. Car feels tighter all around. I wouldnt use harsh to describe it because it feels more controlled than anything. Im completely satisfied with my purchase.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Had this installed today. Here are my initial thoughts. Keep in mind this is my first performance car I have ever owned and only have 850 miles on it so far. Also, my initial drive with the handling pack installed was home from the dealership...through the city....during rush hour. So, more to come this weekend when I can take it out and really drive it. The car is a GT Premium PP1 with MagneRide. I had 7 inches of ground clearance in the front when stock and a little over 5 1/2 inches now with the handling pack and PP2 front splitter that I added to the car.

Overall, I could feel that the car is lower right away just leaving the dealership. Normal mode feels the same as stock to me. Not much different. Sport mode does feel slightly firmer/tighter but also smoother than before if that makes any sense. To me, ride comfort is actually improved over stock. I am guessing that is due to the new calibration. To me it feels smoother over bumps in the road. I thought the car felt a little stiff and bumpy in sport mode with the stock setup. You can really feel the difference over stock when accelerating while turning the wheel, just to switch lanes or around a turn. The car feels planted and I don't feel the car lean/flex, which I noticed a little when stock. It definitely feels tighter all around. I did not test out Track mode. To me this upgrade is worth it for the calibration alone. I am also shocked that this kit improved both handling AND ride comfort in my car. It's hard to describe how nice it feels now. Crazy.

I need to wash the car this weekend and take some better pictures but for now please enjoy these crappy iPhone pictures in my dimly lit parking garage. Had to really crank up the brightness on these.

fullsizeoutput_f02.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f05.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f08.jpeg

Sponsored

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
One more pic in the sun:
D15EC983-25C0-428A-8BEC-ED7870DB4730.jpeg

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Looks awesome! Are you running wheel spacers? Your wheels look flush to the wheel wells.
No spacers. They are not flush like they appear in the picture. This picture may show it a little better:
79C15F9A-D42D-4DEA-8847-40CCE5DDDD18.jpeg

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm really affordable kit. May have to look into it!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I am considering getting this kit - what does it take to have the tune uploaded ? Where does the actual calibration file come from ? That's something I can do myself- right ? Need a laptop for it ? Or a PC with USB port ?

Sponsored

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
You download the software from the Ford Performance website and enter your voucher number to get the tune file. All you need is a laptop with a USB port to update the software.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
You download the software from the Ford Performance website and enter your voucher number to get the tune file. All you need is a laptop with a USB port to update the software.
Thanks a lot - one more question - is there an option to save and re-use later on original calibration that car had prior to uploading new one ?

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Reactions: kz

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
LetItRide, Who did the install of your kit, and about how much did the install cost.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
LetItRide, Who did the install of your kit, and about how much did the install cost.
I had the kit installed at the dealership where I got the car. I’ll have to double check the receipt when I get home from work today but I know the total bill was $675 and they charged me 6 hours of labor at $75/hour = $450. The $675 included the alignment and the programming of the VDM software. I’ll check the breakout on the receipt. You can do the programming yourself with a laptop to save some money. I just had them do it.
Sponsored