Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
Your good after 100 miles to rev her happy.
Thank you very much for the info. Thats what the dealer told me and that is what the literature from ford states, but I just wanted to make sure and not take any chances. I was a little paranoid after hearing about all these high oil consumption engines on the GT 350 that I did not want to do anything to contribute to that.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
Make sure that the dealership gave you your adjustable strut mounts and wheels locks. It is part of your 2019 R package. You'll be surprised how many dealers forget to give it to you or didn't even know it came with them.
Thank you for the heads up. Yes the dealer did give me the adjustable strut mounts. He installed them and put them at the correct settings for road use. He actually went over the camber settings with me as he had the car in the shop and was very helpful.

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on your brand new Shadow Black/Black R model and IMO one of the best color combinations out there.

Make sure that your dealership has removed the polyurethane shipping blocks both front and back springs as many dealerships forget to remove them.

When getting your car detailed or you are washing/cleaning it yourself be careful when lifting up the drivers side windshield wiper and it does not lift up all of the way with the wiper arm easily coming in contact with the leading edge of your aluminum hood which results in possible paint chips.

Have fun with your outstanding automobile and if you are like me I never drive my R unless it is in Track Mode as the aural sound of the FPC engine from ~5000 RPM and beyond is something else.

As time goes on you will fully understand how you made the right decision today!

:like::like:
DSCF1669.JPG
Thank you. Again thank for the heads up on the wiper blades. And thank you on the heads up on the shipping blocks, I am going to call them today to make sure they did remove them. And I agree with you about black. As I was hesitant at first, but after spending some time with it, I think it is the best color combo for the R. Although I really like velocity blue and ruby red as well.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Thank you for the heads up. Yes the dealer did give me the adjustable strut mounts. He installed them and put them at the correct settings for road use. He actually went over the camber settings with me as he had the car in the shop and was very helpful.
Does yours tramline?

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Does yours tramline?
I have to be honest, yesterday was my third test drive and after leaving the Ford dealership in Bangor, maine I had a 2 hour drive to the detailer. I don't know if it's the camber settings he did or what, but I honestly felt like the 2019 R had less tram lining than the base GT 350. Although it definitely still has some, just not as pronounced.

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
I love my R. I have had it a month and have already put over 1k miles on it and it’s not my daily car.
I drove it today actually after a bad day at work and used it to distract myself and relax. Problem is that my adrenaline is pumping so hard after a good run that I am not calm and amped up.

The R is loud and at times a little too loud in traffic or around other cars who don’t want to hear it but this car can’t be driven in quiet mode- it doesn’t do it justice. I feel like people are looking at it as it’s a modified mustang but then they hear it and ask what the heck is that thing.

Best car you can by under 75k.
I agree with everything you said !

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Ill have to check what my dealer used for setting because I have near zero

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
@RedRaptorME congrats on the R! Been following this thread as I'm in the same boat. Have a 17 non R in avalanche grey that I love but getting my hands on a 19 R right now seems like the right thing to do. My biggest dilemma is I don't wanna give up my AG color lol there is a 19 performance blue with white stripes R semi close to me at MSRP that I might be making a visit to to check the paint out in person. I know you'll love your choice now and hope the best !
Thank you. I have been involved with this R since early July when it arrived at the dealership. I first laid eyes on it in early august and took it for a test drive. The first test drive with the salesman did not quite convince me. The second test drive alone did it. I knew at that point the R was different, even though it has the same engine and transmission. I could feel the difference in driving handling dynamics. And yes, IT'S LOUDER. After that it took about 25 days for dealership and me to come to a price agreement. And even after that I was questioning if I was doing the right thing as I drove to the dealership yesterday morning. But 1 DAY later I would not reverse what I did. I love the R. Although I really loved my base GT 350 as well. They are my 2 favorite sports cars I have owned.

The other factor that pushed me over the edge was seeing what used R's are selling for, not that I plan on selling it, but there is a big difference in price from a used R and a GT 350 base. Although in saying that, I love the GT 350 base as well, and I do not think there should be such a drastic price difference.

So, if you can swing it, I would do it IF, you are impressed after a test drive and you can feel the driving dynamics difference.

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
@RedRaptorME congrats on the R! Been following this thread as I'm in the same boat. Have a 17 non R in avalanche grey that I love but getting my hands on a 19 R right now seems like the right thing to do. My biggest dilemma is I don't wanna give up my AG color lol there is a 19 performance blue with white stripes R semi close to me at MSRP that I might be making a visit to to check the paint out in person. I know you'll love your choice now and hope the best !
The other thing I just noticed is that you are from CT. Just so you know for 2019 I believe there are only 14-17 R's allocated in all of New England this year and I believe a total of 400-420 R's produced for 2019. The production numbers on R's will be less than GT 500's, and rumor is that 2020 will be the final year for the R in this current model.

Will ford just take a 2 year break from producing GT 350's and then come back again in 2022 or 2023 with a even better GT 350 ? We will have to wait and see

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The other thing I just noticed is that you are from CT. Just so you know for 2019 I believe there are only 14-17 R's allocated in all of New England this year and I believe a total of 400-420 R's produced for 2019. The production numbers on R's will be less than GT 500's, and rumor is that 2020 will be the final year for the R in this current model.

Will ford just take a 2 year break from producing GT 350's and then come back again in 2022 or 2023 with a even better GT 350 ? We will have to wait and see
After a visit and tour of the FRAP a couple of months ago I was told during a conversation that the 2020 MY will be the only year whereby the GT350/R's and the GT500's go down the assembly line together therefore this coming model year will be the last year for the GT350/R model as we now know it.

With respect to total R model production numbers for the 2019 MY I can tell you that I was recently contacted by a friend from an Eastern Canada Ford dealership offering me a 2019 R model at MSRP as it had just arrived.

I asked him for the chassis number and it was "KR666" therefore we know that at least 666 R's have been produced to date but I don't expect the production numbers to go much beyond "KR666" for the 2019 MY.

If the above car was the last R model for the 2019 MY that would make a total of 2804 R's produced over the last 5 MY's.

:wink:

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
After a visit and tour of the FRAP a couple of months ago I was told during a conversation that the 2020 MY will be the only year whereby the GT350/R's and the GT500's go down the assembly line together therefore this coming model year will be the last year for the GT350/R model as we now know it.

With respect to total R model production numbers for the 2019 MY I can tell you that I was recently contacted by a friend from an Eastern Canada Ford dealership offering me a 2019 R model at MSRP as it had just arrived.

I asked him for the chassis number and it was "KR666" therefore we know that at least 666 R's have been produced to date but I don't expect the production numbers to go much beyond "KR666" for the 2019 MY.

If the above car was the last R model for the 2019 MY that would make a total of 2804 R's produced over the last 5 MY's.

:wink:
Thank you for the information. That is good to know. I apologize for my information . I did not mean to spread around bogus info on production numbers. My info came from a regional New England ford rep.

I guess I was told bogus info.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Congrats OP! I could sense after your response to my last post you were gonna pull the trigger. CONGRATS and enjoy it!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thank you for the information. That is good to know. I apologize for my information . I did not mean to spread around bogus info on production numbers. My info came from a regional New England ford rep.

I guess I was told bogus info.
No worries as you were just the messenger and obviously your local Ford rep has no idea of what the real production numbers are.

As you have come to realize there are many people out there providing various information (including some Ford personnel) about production numbers etc. with some being reliable and some not.

I can also tell you that it is my understanding that Canada will only receive a total of 10 R models for the 2020 MY (will be allocated by a lottery) and if that is indeed the case that certainly indicates to me that the total R model production for the U.S. will also be down substantially for this coming year.

Aside from the 2015 MY whereby Ford only produced 37 R models the next lowest production year was in 2016 with a total of 526 R's assembled.

I will go on record and say that R model production numbers for the 2020 MY will be the lowest production year on record and in fact could be half or less than the 2016 MY.

:sunglasses:

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Congrats OP! I could sense after your response to my last post you were gonna pull the trigger. CONGRATS and enjoy it!
Thank you. You are a bad influence. You pushed me over the edge and cost me a lot of money.:cwl:
Sponsored