Sponsored

Advice/opinions = GT 350 VS. GT 350R

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Hi Jim-

I am going to use the carbon fiber wheels (and Cup 2's) for the street. While a lot of people say it is a waste, etc. - to me this is a good portion of what makes an R special - and I want to enjoy it as it was meant to be when I do drive it. That said, the Cup 2's throw rocks like crazy (and I have good roads around me) so I will be investing in PPF and ceramic coating (still evaluating who I want to do the work, I plan to keep this car in my collection long-term) vs. buying a set of forged aluminum rims and tires (PS4's)... similar cost for the amount of film I am planning vs. a lower end price of forged rims (signature, for example).

Anyone have a recommendation in the Cincinnati area?

Probably other feeds on the stock GT350 rims (I did not do a search but know I have read about it)... I believe they will work but there is work involved (changing out the hub assembles I believe)... and those wheels are not light... taking away most of the R experience and its suspension tuning... not that it is not an option to keep the carbon rims nice if that is your priority - but I would say there are better ones in my eyes.

Tim
You are correct, the R wheel is a big part of the experience. Stock wheels fit with open lugs.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
OP, Did you get the R yet?

It’s definitely worth trailing up man. You drove both so you already know. They drive differently. I have no plans to track my 350R. Still, I would not get a regular 350, so don’t feel bad about not tracking the car and getting an R.
It's a done deal. My R KR383 is at the detailer being ceramic coated and receiving full PPF. Black with red pin stripes.

:like:

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
Don’t have cold feet. The R is special and feels different from a 350 you will appreciate it. You may also find yourself wanting to track if a little more.

Nice color, and on the red raptor ;). My pair..
F3BC3C84-5201-4A35-BBCE-BA73992228BD.jpeg
7EEBAAF9-E6DE-48F0-ADA4-F3509A889C9A.jpeg
I LOVE your raptor in ruby red and your R in black. As of today I have the exact same 2 vehicles. Good taste !

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
I just went through the same situation - traded my 17 GT350 (which I bought new 3 years ago) for a 19 Black GT350R (KR277). I went back and forth... but the R is a really special car... and will be the car to have for the long term (desirable and rare - much more rare than a standard GT350 anyways). Up-front switch definitely hits the pocket book (I got similar trade money and bought at MSRP) - but assuming you plan to have it for many years, I believe that when the market establishes after they stop building them, there will be a similar gap ($20K-$30K) between similar condition regular GT350's and R's (Say $35K for regular and $55-60K for R).

Just my two cents... don't mortgage your house, but if you can afford it - go for it, you won't regret it.

And yes, while I wanted red or blue... the R looks so sinister in black!

IMG_6617.jpg
When you posted this message I was signing the papers. KR 383. Same color combo as yours.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Thank You.
IT's a done deal. KR 383 black with red pinstripes. Currently at the detailer getting full vehicle PPF with ceramic coating.

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Just curious if anybody knows what the CORRECT break in period is ? I currently have 200 miles on the R, all a combination of highway and stop and go traffic. I have not had the RPM'S over 4000. 135 miles hi way and 65 miles non hi way.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
YEAH!!!!! We need pics dude !!

Congratulations man !

I’m signing the Lakers for mine tomorrow and overnighting them back to the dealer. Car should be at my house mid next week!

OP
OP

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
YEAH!!!!! We need pics dude !!

Congratulations man !

I’m signing the Lakers for mine tomorrow and overnighting them back to the dealer. Car should be at my house mid next week!
Thank you. Congratulations to you as well ! I have some pictures from the dealership today on my cell phone, but I do not know how to upload them.

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
Just curious if anybody knows what the CORRECT break in period is ? I currently have 200 miles on the R, all a combination of highway and stop and go traffic. I have not had the RPM'S over 4000. 135 miles hi way and 65 miles non hi way.
Thank you. Congratulations to you as well ! I have some pictures from the dealership today on my cell phone, but I do not know how to upload them.
Make sure that the dealership gave you your adjustable strut mounts and wheels locks. It is part of your 2019 R package. You'll be surprised how many dealers forget to give it to you or didn't even know it came with them.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
IT's a done deal. KR 383 black with red pinstripes. Currently at the detailer getting full vehicle PPF with ceramic coating.
Congrats on your brand new Shadow Black/Black R model and IMO one of the best color combinations out there.

Make sure that your dealership has removed the polyurethane shipping blocks both front and back springs as many dealerships forget to remove them.

When getting your car detailed or you are washing/cleaning it yourself be careful when lifting up the drivers side windshield wiper and it does not lift up all of the way with the wiper arm easily coming in contact with the leading edge of your aluminum hood which results in possible paint chips.

Have fun with your outstanding automobile and if you are like me I never drive my R unless it is in Track Mode as the aural sound of the FPC engine from ~5000 RPM and beyond is something else.

As time goes on you will fully understand how you made the right decision today!

:like::like:
DSCF1669.JPG

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 foxbody 347, 17' GT350 Avalanche(SOLD), 2019 GT350R KR711
@RedRaptorME congrats on the R! Been following this thread as I'm in the same boat. Have a 17 non R in avalanche grey that I love but getting my hands on a 19 R right now seems like the right thing to do. My biggest dilemma is I don't wanna give up my AG color lol there is a 19 performance blue with white stripes R semi close to me at MSRP that I might be making a visit to to check the paint out in person. I know you'll love your choice now and hope the best !

Wizo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R; 2019 Raptor; 2018 GX470
I love my R. I have had it a month and have already put over 1k miles on it and it’s not my daily car.
I drove it today actually after a bad day at work and used it to distract myself and relax. Problem is that my adrenaline is pumping so hard after a good run that I am not calm and amped up.

The R is loud and at times a little too loud in traffic or around other cars who don’t want to hear it but this car can’t be driven in quiet mode- it doesn’t do it justice. I feel like people are looking at it as it’s a modified mustang but then they hear it and ask what the heck is that thing.

Best car you can by under 75k.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Your good after 100 miles to rev her happy.
Sponsored